Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 13:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

The good ol` Swift ddis comes home.!

Why did I use the word old in the title of a thread about a new car ?
Well because in a sea of figos ,beat`s ,punto`s etc the swift seems to be the oldest fish.
But hey remember guys….old is gold. ; )

Chalo time for the report/story ….

I sold my santro last year to bring in a replacement, but we realized that our NHC was hardly being used,imagine just 12k kms in 2 years of ownership so dad told me to use it for sometime and then we`ll get a new car.

Fast forward 7 months ,it was time to add a diesel hatch to the garage as my monthly running is more than 2000 kms.

Selection procedure

Punto – Love the way it looks but Fiat as a brand is not confidence inspiring plus I felt it was cramped.

i20 – Really like this car but it was outta our budget.

Figo – NOTE : It came after I had booked the ddis but I saw a white figo on the road and liked its road presence so decided to give it a try. Took a fellow bhpian along for a TD and we both felt that it was slightly underpowered plus somehow it didn’t appeal to me so I stayed with my decision. (No offence to figo owners)

Swift - Always had a soft corner for this car.
Tried and tested ,looks nice ,has ample space and the diesel heart is both fuel efficient and powerfull plus it has a lot of mod potential so I decided that a white Ldi is goin in the garage now.

Why Ldi ? The extra 40k didn’t feel justified to me.
Got most of the stuff from outside for 1/3rd of that price.

So the booking was done in Dec from bagga link motors by paying 10k as the booking amount.
Expected delivery in 80 days.…..ya right.!

Dealership experience

The sales executive was polite and informative but after the booking we didn`t get any update about the car for a month and whenever i inquired he said sir it`ll take some more.

I started to realize that the stories about the insane waiting period and delayed deliveries were true.!

Cut to the 2nd week of april ,got a call from the sales rep that he can arrange the car this month for us (4 months after the booking.!) but since my dad was not in the country at that time I told him to wait for a few days as he was supposed to come back on 18th and he said fine.
Gave him a call on 19th and he gave us the good news that our car has arrived so we told him we`ll come after couple of days to finalize the deal as my dad had some important work to take care of first and asked him to hold the car for us and he said no problem sir.

But in the drama called life things don't go so smoothly ,we learnt that he gave the car to someone else and offered me a silver ldi instead.!
I flatly refused and gave him a piece of my mind after which he apologized and asked for 2-3 days to arrange for another car.

Surprisingly got a call the very next day that a white Ldi just arrived in the new lot so we can buy that ,maybe the fact that we offered to make the full payment in cash instead of applying for a loan helped speed up the process.
I immediately got ready and went with the cheque in hand to the showroom.

Did a PDI of the car before signing the papers and everything seemed fine.

On road price – 5,29,433

Freebies – Floor mats ,mud flaps ,steering wheel cover ,perfume.

Asked the car to be delivered the next day because they needed time to prep it and it was already late.
Reached the showroom with some sweets and drove off in our new car after an hour with a registration number of my choice from the list.

This is the first diesel car in our family so felt weird asking for diesel at the fuel station but the fact that for 40 litres of fuel i just paid 1510 rs was awesome.!

Driving experience

Am not the engine wengine types so will keep it short and simple.
Its fun to drive, I like the turbo thingy.!
Drove the NHC just once after getting the ddis and it feels boring now.

About the handling ,well am not a speed junkie or someone who goes to the mountains to do some high speed cornering so its absolutely fine for me.

I think iv bored you guys enough ,time for some pics now ,please excuse my lack of photography skills…

Accessories fitted – Vdi wheel covers ,fog lights ,crosslink central locking system and garware tints.
Also got the AB pillars blackened and the orvm`s+door handles body painted.

The good ol` Swift ddis comes home.!-dsc00634.jpg

The good ol` Swift ddis comes home.!-dsc00635edit.jpg

The good ol` Swift ddis comes home.!-dsc00638edit.jpg

The good ol` Swift ddis comes home.!-dsc00640.jpg

Will keep updating this thread as and when i get more stuff installed.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 17th May 2010 at 13:33.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Good choice. The rims also seem to be black(?). The LDi/LXi usually sport silver colored rims.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Faithless great Choice buddy. Congrats on your latest Acquisition.

Personally I don't like Swift but everytime I look at a white one, I kinda like its presence.

We both know that only thing that your ride now needs is some Neat Alloys & Fat rubber to complete the appearance.

Drive Safe. Congrats once again.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey! congrats. Great choice. Even i felt that the VDi was not erally worth the extra money when i as planning on a Ritz DDiS.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrates Faithless.. though it's aged one but still a looks beautiful from every angle Though a tyre/allow will further add to the glory

Best of Luck in owning it !!
Old 17th May 2010, 14:19   #6
BHPian

Congrats buddy. The swift looks great & looks awesome in white. Waiting for more pics.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

^^ +1 to that, white Swift has its own charm. Congrats!
Old 17th May 2010, 16:10   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate. The white swift looks good. A good set of alloys and fatter rubber will make it look even better.

Do enjoy many more miles on the White Swift
Old 17th May 2010, 16:31   #9
BHPian

Faithless, Congrats! I too booked my white VDi in Dec'09 but got the delivery on 5th Jan'10 . You will love this car both in city and highways (a lil more on highways).

These stock tyres are very scary. Please consider an upsize. Wishing more and more miles.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:35   #10
BHPian

Hi, congrats. How come a LDi comes with body coloured door handle and body coloured door mirrors?
Old 17th May 2010, 20:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.
Swift in white looks awesome.
Yes,if possible get some fat rubber and a new set of alloy.
Cheers
Old 17th May 2010, 20:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi, congrats. How come a LDi comes with body coloured door handle and body coloured door mirrors?
Gaddiwale, you missed this post from faithless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Accessories fitted – Vdi wheel covers ,fog lights ,crosslink central locking system and garware tints.
Also got the AB pillars blackened and the orvm`s+door handles body painted
Old 17th May 2010, 21:10   #13
BHPian

congrats faithless!!
Lovely to see a White swift n the fact thatyou added just what you wanted is nice although some challenged people like me want it fully loaded and get turned down saying "sir,it will take 3+ months"
I'm in awestruck and none can make out the difference of ldi n vdi.
Did the showroom guys help you paint the orvms n handles,a&b pillars?
Also what other equipment have you added or plan to add in due course of time?

And like the others said get better tyres even if you are not the high revving kind-it's safer..
Cheers
Old 17th May 2010, 21:23   #14
Team-BHP Support

Congrats faithless_1984!

Good job with the LDi to VDi conversion. Why not complete it by debadging the LDi sticker (May be, even put a VDi in its place!)?
Old 18th May 2010, 00:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

@ driv3r ,vik0728 ,gemithomas ,ashthedivx ,caroholic ,clevermax ,nkrishnap ,adi99 ,gaddiwale ,schoudhury ,manjithm and crazydriver - Thanks a lot for the wishes guys.!

Quote:
I'm in awestruck and none can make out the difference of ldi n vdi.
Quote:
Good job with the LDi to VDi conversion.
Thanks ,i got this done as soon as i got the car because the ldi looks too `basic`.

Now about the queries...

Quote:
The rims also seem to be black(?). The LDi/LXi usually sport silver colored rims.
Got the rims painted black before getting the wheel covers fixed for the complete Vdi look.

Quote:
How come a LDi comes with body coloured door handle and body coloured door mirrors?
As pointed out by adi99 i got this done myself.

Quote:
Did the showroom guys help you paint the orvms n handles,a&b pillars?
Nope ,got this done from my trusted local denting/painting shop.
A&B pillars were blackened using the regular black tape available at every car accessory shop.

Quote:
Also what other equipment have you added or plan to add in due course of time?
ICE will get installed in a couple of days and will go for front power windows next month.

Quote:
Why not complete it by debadging the LDi sticker (May be, even put a VDi in its place!)?
Will remove all the badges from the rear in some time ,did that on my santro as well ,it looks great.

Most of you have rightly pointed out that the car needs better tyres and alloys but unfortunately am kinda low on vitamin M so this will take some time.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 18th May 2010 at 00:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks