Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 02:51   #16
BHPian

congratulations!

please mention about the details of the model - petrol/ diesel. and more pics and a detailed reivew would be nice.

IMO, lathergic attitude of dealers should be expeted when u are dealing with such "morons" (in you words) at FIAT/TATA.

people don't change easily and all the change if its there is painful! and it takes time for the attitude and mindsets to change. these people were selling the basic indicas a few years ago.

and then add to the fact that they were selling you SEPT 09 car! would be very risky business to begin with! personally i would have not accepted to go for that deal! and i would have gone for the 2010 fiat punto as lot of changes (internal) or"improvements" have been made. refer to SIDs thread!

anyways, u had backup of lots of expert car people and friends which made things easy! in the end it seems "ALL IZ WELL" i hope.
Old 21st May 2010, 07:01   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Bundo - its a very nice car and the BNW makes it look like an angel. I have BNW Nov 2009 MJD and I still love the looks. It the looks of the PUNTO that made me buy this car awesome is the word here.
Old 21st May 2010, 09:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations!

please mention about the details of the model - petrol/ diesel. and more pics and a detailed reivew would be nice.
He's mentioned that it is a 1.4 E+.
Old 21st May 2010, 11:05   #19
BHPian

Reply from Tom:

Wow, I already feel like a celebrity. Is it the car or is it just me?!
Well, having read thousand of post on TeamBHP, i can conclude that it is indeed the Car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Let me be the first one to do the honors ! Welcome to the Punto club.

Believe me, everytime I park mine I keep turning back and drooling over it again and again, its just that one kind of a feeling
Oh ya, totally!! That is undoubtedly a very amazing feeling. Believe me when I say, I peep out of my office window every 10-20 mins just to check how classy she looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Whatta beauty! Have a Fiatful life!!
Yup, Fiatful life indeed. Though I wish, it doesn't turn out to be fateful life instead with the exemplary brilliance of Cargo Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
congrats man!! from a White Punto FIAT'er to another!! treat her well bro and good luck with attempt # 9!! am sure you'll eventually make it!!
Thanks raamki! It's white all the way!! And yeah, though my friends have driven me to suicide mocking my attempts to register, I still have some more energy left. After all, if it wasn't for this forum I would not have ended up with such a beautiful Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats friend of Pushkar's for the Punto. As always looks most elegant in white. Feels good that you are enjoying it after enduring all that turmoil.
I hope the mods approve your membership this time around. In the meantime enjoy scorching the Ahmedabad roads with the Punto.
Happy driving.
Thanks Utopian. You can call me Tom. About the elegance in white, I totally agree. Right now I am just trying to tame this beast, scorching will follow soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats Bro.
BNW looks the best.
Take care of the beauty.
Cheers.
Thanks Schoudhury!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Congrats mate!

The problem with the second gear shall change for the better as you clock more miles. Remember that there is huge power up the rev band.
You'll need to work the revs to get this juggernaut moving fast.
2nd gear is almost dead <2.2k rpm. Above 3k rpm should see you smiling.

Congrats once again! I love it when someone buys this awesome car, especially the petrol one!
Thanks EssYouWe! Yes I have had a short peek at the smile you are referring to. But I am keeping it below the 2.5k RPM till the initial service. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Congrats!

And this is one of the best thread titles!

Point (punto) Taken!!
Thanks Clevermax!
Point (punto) Taken!! You got it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Congrats on your friends purchase.
Also please advice him to not to lose hope and keel trying for Membership.I got my approved the fifth time.
Thank you SinghBHP. I am trying my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Awesome stuff. Me likes the story.

is he someone I know btw?
Phamilyman, thanks a lot! I am not sure if you know me, but I sure know almost all you as I have been following your posts since the past 1 year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Sir. Thats a well documented recall of the events that happened during the purchase of the Punto.

Enjoy many more miles with the Punto
Thank you nkrishnap. And I would be more grateful if you could drop the Sir too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Congratulations!

Very good pics of a very good looking car!

Do post some more pics, especially the interiors.
Thank you SunilM. More pictures coming up, very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Congrats man. White Punto is a beauty to watch.
Drive safe and enjoy her.
Thanks and sure will drive safe bnzjon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Congrats on your BNW Punto. Looks smashing. Cargo is not the only dealer here ASPI is there too. Near Vishala. An from what I know they are way better than Cargo.

ASPI was not listed on the FiatPunto site. So I didn't check with them Moreover, they are a bit far from where I stay. I stay at Ghatlodia which makes Cargo Motors, a better option.

Thanks for your wishes!

Drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Glad to see a 1.4 Petrol on board, goes to show that the owner loves cars.
Congratulations and wishing you good luck with the ownership experience.
Yup 1.4 Emo Pack was the one I was after and I got it too! Thanks for the wishes Amartya.

Quote:
congratulations!

IMO, lathergic attitude of dealers should be expeted when u are dealing with such "morons" (in you words) at FIAT/TATA.

people don't change easily and all the change if its there is painful! and it takes time for the attitude and mindsets to change. these people were selling the basic indicas a few years ago.

and then add to the fact that they were selling you SEPT 09 car! would be very risky business to begin with! personally i would have not accepted to go for that deal! and i would have gone for the 2010 fiat punto as lot of changes (internal) or"improvements" have been made. refer to SIDs thread!

anyways, u had backup of lots of expert car people and friends which made things easy! in the end it seems "ALL IZ WELL" i hope.
Thanks Caramelo. The Car is a 1.4 Emo Pack. More pictures will soon follow.

I had surely expected this attitude after I went through many posts on this forum, but I had not in my wildest dreams thought that this would happen to me!

Yes, Sep 09 car is very risky, but I had a amazing group of friends who checked the Car inside out. Driving Contessas, bullets and Ambassadors have made them Auto experts and that was quite handy. Furthermore, when you are armed with the info about the cars from TeamBHP, there's almost scarcely a chance that the Dealer would try to fool you. I had checked Sid's thread a couple of time, but IMHO, the minute changes do not qualify as a dealbreaker for me. For some it surely would, though!

In the end as you rightly said, ALL iz INDEED WELL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congratulations on your new Bundo - its a very nice car and the BNW makes it look like an angel. I have BNW Nov 2009 MJD and I still love the looks. It the looks of the PUNTO that made me buy this car awesome is the word here.
Thanks kailashnj. AWESOME, did I miss that?!
Well it is indeed awesome!

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 21st May 2010 at 11:06.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:14   #20
BHPian

A few more pics clicked by a friend of mine:
Attached Thumbnails
Point taken! BNW Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emo PK-media-player.jpg  

Point taken! BNW Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emo PK-my-car.jpg  

Point taken! BNW Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emo PK-speedometer.jpg  

Old 21st May 2010, 20:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
congratulations!

It's the stuff like which makes me dread Tata/Ford dealers. Say what you want about Maruti cars, their customer service can't be beat.
Old 21st May 2010, 22:20   #22
BHPian

Yup, no doubt that Maruti has top notch customer service. But I ain't a big fan of their cars, per se (no offense)!!
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:41   #23
BHPian

Congrats Tom. Great car - worth million smiles, for anything else, there are dealers like cargo who will take that smile away. About Maruti, strictly my opinion and no offense to any one - make cheap cars and provide humongous support for them; earn moolah when those cheap cars come in frequently. A win - win situation for manufacturer, dealer and owner.
Old 22nd May 2010, 10:29   #24
BHPian

The White Stallion looks hot. Can you give us a cost break up, discounts and freebies.

PS: What is 'BNW'?
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:08   #25
BHPian

congrats bro on your purchase . upload more snaps please..
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
A few more pics clicked by a friend of mine:
congrats on the car pushkar! what is that huge gap at the dashboard in the second pic under the "my car" menu controls?
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
The White Stallion looks hot. Can you give us a cost break up, discounts and freebies.

Bossa Nova White

Its the color of his Italian Model.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats Tom. Great car - worth million smiles, for anything else, there are dealers like cargo who will take that smile away. About Maruti, strictly my opinion and no offense to any one - make cheap cars and provide humongous support for them; earn moolah when those cheap cars come in frequently. A win - win situation for manufacturer, dealer and owner.
Yup Dealers like Cargo can surely
spell disaster for such a great product! Thanks for your wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post

BNW - Bossa Nova White

The On road price of the car is Rs 6,74,590
22k Insurance discount
5k Probably RSA/Extd warranty discount
30k in exchange for our 17 yr old Maruti with a run down engine
30k cash discount
10k Gift certificate

In short, I got the Car for Rs 5.8 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
congrats bro on your purchase . upload more snaps please..
Thanks Bro. Sure will. As soon I as my Boss understands that I am human too and gives me some time to live!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
congrats on the car pushkar! what is that huge gap at the dashboard in the second pic under the "my car" menu controls?
Hey Sidindica, that's actually a friend of Pushkar, Tom. Your reviews were a great help to me. That's possibly because of the lighting as the pics were taken at low flash around 8 pm. Nevertheless, I will check it out too!
Old 17th June 2010, 12:31   #29
BHPian

Raodtrip gone awry

Ok, well, here goes!

On the 15th of this month, the sky was a bit overcast in Ahmedabad. The perfect time to go for a long drive. One of my friend, Vinu, was here from Baroda and was leaving the next day. So we thought, lets roam around on the highway, go for a kinda 'short' long trip and take in some fresh air.

I flunk my office after a half day, go home and get my Car ready to take off. Vinu, joins me and we start at 15:30 after picking up another friend Arun, who is a photographer. He brings in his equipment along as I had insisted for a photoshoot.

First we visit the upcoming Godrej Garden city which is coming up on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. 15 mins there and we are back on the highway thinking about where to head next. I am a bit excited as I want to have free spirited run on the Highway and click some stunning pics in the process as well. I suggest Thol, a bird sanctuary on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. It's around 40 kms away and just an hour's drive. I am ecstatic. It's almost 16:30 when we start over to Thol.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post

BNW - Bossa Nova White

The On road price of the car is Rs 6,74,590
22k Insurance discount
5k Probably RSA/Extd warranty discount
30k in exchange for our 17 yr old Maruti with a run down engine
30k cash discount
10k Gift certificate

In short, I got the Car for Rs 5.8 lakhs
Wow you got a cracker of a deal. I booked it in May and just got the Insurance discount, Extended warranty and a 10k cash discount

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks