Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 14:37   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Engaging write-up. Congrats on the white giant. You will enjoy its comfort.

What is ‘Sari kuhadi ek taraf…’??
I think it goes like Sari Khudai ek taraf, joru ka bhai ke taraf - supposed to mean the whole world is on one side , wife's brother is on one side.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I think it goes like Sari Khudai ek taraf, joru ka bhai ke taraf - supposed to mean the whole world is on one side , wife's brother is on one side.
Aah, got it!
Much like buying a Tata car: whole world's against the decision, only your head is in agreement.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aah, got it!
Much like buying a Tata car: whole world's against the decision, only your head is in agreement.
WindRide, I'll remember that when you book your car.......

Really funny.... having fun at the expense of R.D.P.

Too much work in office, R.D.P. ? Or have you gone for the 'long drive once in a year' trip?
Old 28th May 2010, 15:07   #34
BHPian

Holy cow, even though iam no politician, guess i was mis-interpreted there.

I was actually paying the Manza a HUGE compliment. Infact i have my eyes set on a manza safire.

Just how mis-understood Manza is among the general public ("whole world"). You do a lot of research, realise its latent value and go for it even though much of your family/friends "suggest" you "better" options.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Holy cow, even though iam no politician, guess i was mis-interpreted there.

I was actually paying the Manza a HUGE compliment. Infact i have my eyes set on a manza safire.
Who says only politicians do 'double talk'? (no hard feelings, OK?)

No wonder you still on HH in B'lore traffic - getting ready to 'mahout' the 'elephant'? Hehehehe...

Forgive me - couldn't resist.

But all the best - it appears to be a great car. A couple of months ago had been to Surat. Manza appears to be a favourite amongst Surtis.... I was one of the lucky ones to spot it while it was on test, and liked it. But nothing like the Linea and Fiesta to set my heart and head on fire..
Old 28th May 2010, 16:13   #36
BHPian

Fantastic writeup RDB, one of the best ownership experiences I have read. Congrats for your ride, enjoy it.

Cheers!!!
Old 28th May 2010, 19:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Excellent stuff RDP.
Congrats!
We got our manza abs delivered 2 days back and its been quiet a fun since then.
However we got dew white as all dealers said QJD abs is not coming in pearl white and yours is pearl white!
Old 29th May 2010, 00:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
RDPJi,
What a write-up, an impressive, thorough entertainer.
You broke the suspense in the title itself but your screen play and another lover (Jazz) in picture made me stick to the thread till now. I was wondering with some much going against how is the hero going get the heroine. But, you made it.
Thanks buddy. your comment put smile on my face after daylong hard work.

Quote:
Engaging write-up. Congrats on the white giant. You will enjoy its comfort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
great write up. Congrats on your car. Drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Very nice and impressive write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Fantastic writeup RDB, one of the best ownership experiences I have read. Congrats for your ride, enjoy it.
Cheers!!!
Hi.. Thanks everybody..Its turning out to be long story than I thought of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Dont know when things would become professional here, all these formalities and walks are common in rural limits where we have only nationalized banks or cooperative banks with no computer. But still our cities have these challenges?
Right jacs. Its really pain to get even simple things done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Too much work in office, R.D.P. ? Or have you gone for the 'long drive once in a year' trip?
I wish I could. But I do not see possibility for at least next three months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However we got dew white as all dealers said QJD abs is not coming in pearl white and yours is pearl white!
Congratulations harry10
did you pay extra 5k for white?

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 29th May 2010, 00:43   #39
BHPian

Abandoned “PDI” & Quick Handover of keys

17th April 2010

Armed with Team-BHP PDI list, we reached to dealer’s office.

lo.. our salesman had vanished. Somebody told in hushed voice that he is no more with ABS.. A new salesman attended us.
Polite speaking person. He arranged vehicle and a person for yard visit.

Around 1:30 we reached yard which was hot, full with dust.

It was hottest 17th April in last 45 years. PDI was total disaster.

We could barely cover initial two-three pages of PDI list.

Heat was unbearable. Dust storm was blinding.

Decided to return back abandoning idea of complete PDI.
Points noted..
1. Break oil leakage from cap.
2. rubber beading cracked at door
and few more..

We came back to dealer’s sales office. ‘Sari khudai ek taraf…’ was waiting for us. The moment he saw Better Half he exclaimed..
‘Wow didi, have you lost 5-6 Kgs in last one week? you are looking so slim’

There was blast

‘5-6Kgs in last one week…My foot.. Its 5-6 liters of water, which I lost in last one hour’

My Better Half. Typical Indian lady…. She didn’t said a single word or complained about my now-not-so-great-idea of doing PDI. But vented all her anger/frustration on her brother.

For some verification purpose new sales guy wanted DD on Saturday itself, so handed over PDI issue list and paid entire amount except some 10k. Which I told him that I will pay by cash next day.

While computing remaining amount sales guy informed…
“Sirji price is increased by 5K”
“what…?”
“Sirji there is increase in VAT”
“But no body bothered to inform us, for last 15days almost daily we are calling you folks”
“kya kare sirji.. main to naya huin”

Anyhow agreed to pay the extra 5 k also.

Since we do not wanted billing on Saturday, instructed to ensure dates on all receipts/papers are actual delivery date that is 18th.

18th April 2010
Despite Sunday kids woke up early morning.The excitement of getting new car.. big car was filled up in the air.

Reached ABS office. Completed paperwork.

Form 22…? What is that?.

PUC…? You do not need it for next 6 months. Somebody corrected no no for 9 months..

Tire warranty…? Never heard of it.

Promptly feedback papers where handed over. One of the forms has asked feedback about explanation of warranty, extended warranty, 24x7 support, insurance etc. Since nothing was explained yet, I politely replied that I will fill up the form after somebody explains me about these terms.

Nobody bothered to explain. I am sure feedback form must have been filled on my behalf after I left the place.

Quick inspection indicated that all PDI things were not taken care of. I got promise that I will get rubber beading of doors changed on my visit to workshop. However they acknowledged there was indeed leakage in break oil cap and it is fixed.

Anyhow got the car key in short handover ceremony. Distributed sweets and gave small tip to car cleaners

Emotional Roller-coaster experience of buying & owning White Elephant called Manza-sixth1.jpg

Kids were thrilled. While going back home spoke with everybody on mobile. Thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of converting entire car into giant mobile.
Mom was smiling all the way. I saw her happy face and contentment in her eyes after a lot many months..or years.
After reaching home completed Pooja.

Emotional Roller-coaster experience of buying & owning White Elephant called Manza-seventh1.jpg

While filing papers, next day saw that extended warranty is only for a year instead of two years as agreed. Few receipts had date 17th, Few had 18th.

Called Salesman and got everything corrected. New salesman is really polite fellow. However still multiple calls are needed to do the job.
Old 29th May 2010, 10:12   #40
BHPian

First Day, First Show

On first day DIS displayed Distance to Empty : 109
On Second day DIS displayed Distance to Empty : 119 !
On third day DIS displayed Distance to Empty : 129 !!

No White elephant was not generating fuel! Its ave FE which was increasing..

After third day slowly Distance to Empty started gradually decreasing, till I refueled the car.

While driving sensed that in 3/4th gear, gearstick slightly clicks (goes back and forth). The movement is small. I can feel it only If my hand is on gearstick. Point noted for free servicing visit.

Took short night drive.

Man! I was driving Matiz on candle light.

Manza has impressive low beam light intensity. Really impressive.

One of the petrol Manza TD I took late evening. Somehow low beam was not impressive at all. Front fog light was not working the way it should be. God knows why TD vehicles are maintained so badly. Bad gearstick movement, bad headlight settings... I was about to reject Manza after TD..

High beam is different story. The high beam light was turning on but the focus was down, there was no increase in length of illuminated beam. It is going to limit max speed I can drive in night. At 0 position in combi switch, low beam performance is remarkable. But long thro of high beam is simply missing.

Anyhow coming back to the thrill of driving brand new car first day to office.

On Red light signal while waiting for signal turning from red to green, pressed clutch, moved gearstick in first gear

Oh no.. clutch and my foot on clutch is latched.

Let me try to explain…
Manza footwell on left hand side is wide at bottom and narrows down as you move up. So you press the clutch with middle of your shoe in a slanting angle and top of the shoe gets locked between angled left side wall and clutch force which is trying to move upward, effectively jamming the clutch.

Now this is very scary situation in Delhi traffic where signal is turned to green and you are not able to move up fast from ground zero as clutch is jammed.

Everybody behind you is going to honk as if final countdown of nuclear bomb explosion is reached to 3..2..1.. and only way to survive is to cross the signal in a flash of moment. !

Quickly learned to press further clutch and slide the shoe/leg on right side to release the clutch in nick of time.

Priceless!

Priceless…
The realization that you have saved yourself from big bang of honks is priceless….
For everything else there is xyzcard!!

I took right turn form signal and started traveling in single lane road…

Have you imagined that a PYT with industrial strength mascara and heavy duty glossy lipstick gives a strange look while overtaking you.
The look clearly says

‘ Pata nahi kaha kaha ke gaon se log yahan aate hain….’

Well I do not have to imagine it. I have experienced it!

A PYT, driving black ANHC managed to took over on that single lane road with giving strange look, as if looking at vernacular desi.
From looks I knew something is wrong somewhere but I couldn’t understand for couple of seconds,

Then it dawned on me.

RHS turn indicator is still on even after a mile of taking right hand turn. The indicator click was so soft that I couldn’t listen it as music system was on.

Doob gaye…
Mere saat lakh rupeeye doob gaye. On very first day doob gaye.

Why can’t RHS indicator stop every time?
Why can't turn indication click be more audible?
Why can’t PYTs parents force them travel in chauffeur-driven car?

Emotional Roller-coaster experience of buying & owning White Elephant called Manza-eight.jpg
Old 29th May 2010, 23:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha.
That saat lakh rupaye stuff is damn gud!
Agree qwith most of the things though.

We did paid 5k extra for dew white and then took 5k discount so its squared

I do miss the high beam stuff and gut feeling is on a highway doing 100+ it might be a problem.
Anyone with a solution yet?

Do continue the excellent write up!
Old 30th May 2010, 00:04   #42
BHPian

How to waste your weekend… First visit to workshop

An alpha man can change the burst tire ten times.. but he can not survive letting down himself in eyes of PYT second time.

Obviously... Entire week I was extra careful with turn indicators. On first weekend, instead of going out on weekend drive with brand new car, visited workshop at sharp 9:30 AM.

I had already communicated to showroom that I will be visiting workshop. They knew the list of issues.

Salesman indicated “lage haath appka kaam ho jayega. Just reach workshop before 9:30 AM”

My printout was ready
1. Rubber beading change request
2. High beam issue
3. Gearstick click issue.
4. No self cancellation of RHS turn indicator at times.
Service advisor opened hood to inspect the engine and

The break oil leakage was seen around the cap.
so.. PDI was waste
hmm added 5th point that break oil leakage is still not fixed.

I got the vehicle back at 2:00 PM. As per SA rubber beading is out of stock and everything else is taken care of.

Duly filled up all feedback forms.

The moment I gave nice ratings, SA vanished from picture.

While going back to home, noticed
1. Gearstick clicks issue is still there
2. No self cancellation of RHS indicator at times is still there.

There is no food joint around workshop. I was unprepared for long stopover at workshop. I was so hungry that I had no energy left for driving back to workshop and spend three-four more hours.

Night trip told me that no changes have been done in high beam issue. After a week I opened engine hood.

Just to see that break oil is still spilled out of break oil box.

I guess from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, they just washed the car, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.P. View Post
TATA service centers understand Truck servicing very well.
They know if something is broken/stopped working how to bring it in working order.
But fine tuning… what is that? Engine is running and their job is done. It doesn’t matter how it is running.

They simply don’t understand, there is noise or there more black smoke or there more vibration.

How does it make any difference?
Emotional Roller-coaster experience of buying & owning White Elephant called Manza-second_view.jpg
Old 31st May 2010, 10:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Oh god i didn't had to face any of these issues since mine was pre-worshipped (as GTO says).

White elephant is looking beautiful, TATA has improved a lot in terms of finishing and designing. But still some gap in A.S.S?

Anyways wishing you a safe journey.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:13   #44
BHPian

Welcome to the Manza world RDP!!

Your white elephant will serve you well but be prepared for few niggles here and there
Old 31st May 2010, 11:28   #45
BHPian

RDP - shouldn't you have verified all the issues were sorted out while at the service center itself? That would ensure you get the idiots by the scruff of their neck and ironed out problems they 'missed'.

Enjoy the car man!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks