Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 21:43   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Welcome to the Manza world RDP!!

Your white elephant will serve you well but be prepared for few niggles here and there
Right.. that is what I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
RDP - shouldn't you have verified all the issues were sorted out while at the service center itself? That would ensure you get the idiots by the scruff of their neck and ironed out problems they 'missed'.
For Matiz story used to other way round. SA used to come up with list of issues and his team used to fix themselves. Every time I used to shout that before fixing let me know (that what I am going to pay). Only once or twice I visited workshop for Matiz with specific complaint.

Also actually the niggles are not show stopper and I wasn't prepared for so long pitstop at workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

Enjoy the car man!!
Yes, I am enjoying my white elephant.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 1st June 2010, 00:36   #47
BHPian

Pleasure of riding Airawat

While driving I observed that if I drive the Manza around 1800-1900 rpm, which translates to ~40 KMPH in third gear, ~60Kmph in 4th and ~80Kmph in 5th, DIS consistently displays Inst. FE of 25Kmpl.

I am sure it is not a fuel cut off, as I keep accelerator slightly depressed and rpm is 1800 against idle rpm of around 900.

Surprising lower than 1800 rpm also results in lower Inst FE.

I kept thinking, why DIS doesn’t show inst FE beyond 25...

Once BMW overtook me.

Eureka… I got answer.

Tata’s are more technically advanced than BMW.

How?

Simple.. BMW has top speed electronically restricted to 250 kmph. Manza has top FE electronically restricted to 25kmpl

Jokes apart, Inst FE is really nice feature. It makes me responsible, fuel efficient driver. One avoids sudden acceleration/breaks once you have inst FE displayed all the time.

Overall Manza is really impressive car.
Despite being petrol head for last ten years, driving Manza is really pleasure. Already lot many expert bhp-eans have written about it. Possibly I can add very little in it.

Average FE is slowly climbed up from 7 to 15.6.

Min Inst FE 6.1; Max 25.

Kids treat back seat as playground. Mom is really comfortable with ingress of Manza as well back seat legroom and posture.

I am not an audiophile. I love old songs on USB stick while driving.

In Monthly shopping trips to grocery store, with Matiz used to overflow shopping bags in back seat.

Now entire shopping goes in one of the corner of Manza’s boot.

I was really kanjus while turning on AC in Matiz. Manza AC is 100% on.

Team-bhp in depth reviews helped me to understand pros and cons of different cars. There is nothing like perfect car, otherwise all other car manufactures have to shut down their factories. Its just one selects the car which satisfies his most of the constraints.

I knew very well what I am going to expect before making my decision. No matter how many test drives I could have taken, I could not have understood car in a better way than what analysis is present here.

Tatas have created great VFM car and I am proud owner of an Airawat.

Airawat was a white elephant who was vehicle of lord of gods (Raja Indra), which happens to be my name … Rajendra. That is why I call my Manza as a white elephant Airawat.

I am confidant it will not turn to real white elephant on maintenance cost front, but Airwat will serve me for next ten years, the way blue tortoise served me last ten years.
Emotional Roller-coaster experience of buying & owning White Elephant called Manza-last.jpg
Old 1st June 2010, 10:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.P. View Post
Once BMW overtook me.

Eureka… I got answer.

1. Tata’s are more technically advanced than BMW.

How?

Simple.. BMW has top speed electronically restricted to 250 kmph. Manza has top FE electronically restricted to 25kmpl

2. There is nothing like perfect car, otherwise all other car manufactures have to shut down their factories. Its just one selects the car which satisfies his most of the constraints.
1. Priceless.....
2. Golden words - to be inscribed posterity, for all car buyers.

I am sure you'll have a great time with the 'Manza". BTW, did you do any research what 'Manza' means?
Old 1st June 2010, 13:33   #49
BHPian

Fanstatic Write up.. Even though my nano plant is getting inagurated tomrrow by Gujarat's Chief Minister, I could'nt move out of my seat till I completed this fabulous write up..
Congrats for your new White Elephant...
Old 1st June 2010, 18:18   #50
BHPian

Great write up r.d.p. Thouroughly enjoyed it. All the best for possessing your 'white elephant'
Old 1st June 2010, 19:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post

I am sure you'll have a great time with the 'Manza". BTW, did you do any research what 'Manza' means?
Somewhere I read that Manza is Italian word meaning young lady. Google translate suggests that its Spanish word meaning Apple.

Best is.... in quite a few Indian languages Manza is sharp and strong thread used for kite flying, which cuts competition like a hot knife cutting butter !

I am not kidding. check out Manza ranking http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1912621

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:00   #52
BHPian

r.d.p,
My initial expectation was a bad review of the Manza (the decriptor 'white elephant' set me on the wrong track) and I was curious to know about your experience, given that Manza had been lauded in team bhp earlier. Relieved to know that you have had positive experiences with the car.

The Manza is a critical piece in the Tata Motors' journey toward manufacture and servicing of technologically contemporaneous cars, given that all auto majors are here, jostling for marketshare, in the entry to premium sedan segment. That is where the margins are better, as compared to the subcompact/hatchback ( excluding premium/lifestyle hatchbacks) segment.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 1st June 2010 at 20:01. Reason: Deleted Regards
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
my nano plant is getting inagurated tomrrow by Gujarat's Chief Minister,..
Hi Maverick79
All the best for the today's golden moment, which your will cherish for your life.
Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 4th June 2010, 02:15   #54
BHPian

Please change the title -- it's not just misleading; it gave me the impression that you found the Manza a useless piece of junk.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:13   #55
BANNED

R.D.P. Firstly congratulations on your new car.

Wish you and your family a troublefree long term Happy ownership.

Off-topic = Kindly name out the books you've written. You kept me engrossed all through. Wow... You write well man!
Old 4th June 2010, 10:27   #56
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Manza. The car looks awesome in white. Wish you and your family Happy Motoring.

As I always like to ask to the proud owners of my favorite cars -- FE figures please??
Old 4th June 2010, 23:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Great write up r.d.p. Thouroughly enjoyed it. All the best for possessing your 'white elephant'
Thanks Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
The Manza is a critical piece in the Tata Motors' journey toward manufacture and servicing of technologically contemporaneous cars, given that all auto majors are here, jostling for marketshare, in the entry to premium sedan segment.
Right issigonis
I was thinking on your note couple of days. Manza is critical for TML. Not only they came out with good car but adverting strategy is better than other TML cars.
Quote:
I was convinced that one of the reason was Vista could never took of the way it should ‘cause Tata failed to create marketing magic/hype around it.
For Manza, TML is using FM Radio, TV, internet along with newspaper. Everything. Period.

Ofcource I fail to understand why I do not see Manza ad in weekend edition of newspaper. ( At least which I read). In my opinion weekend newspaper has greater impact as people tend to discuss with family as well as higher chances of taking TD by looking at ad on weekend.

Still Manza enjoys far better marketing.. Just see recently launched indigo e-cs. This car has probably best FE, but seems that nobody in TML is bothered to create marketing hype around it.

Certainly TML is paying more attention to Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Please change the title -- it's not just misleading; it gave me the impression that you found the Manza a useless piece of junk.
Sorry Rulez. I love my 'Airawat' - white elephant. Also as per Indian mythology White elephant is good omen. Take example of Birth of Buddha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Off-topic = Kindly name out the books you've written. You kept me engrossed all through. Wow... You write well man!
Thanks Pavan. I am honored.
Frankly this is my first public writing. Actually the starting point ( blue tooth and all..) is lifted from some other t-bhp articial. I wish I could remember the name of person who wrote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations on your new Manza. The car looks awesome in white. Wish you and your family Happy Motoring.

As I always like to ask to the proud owners of my favorite cars -- FE figures please??
Quote:
Average FE is slowly climbed up from 7 to 15.6.
Today Ave FE is 15.8.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:32   #58
BHPian

Few Queries

Hi
Few Questions to fellow Manza-owners

1. I could not locate small roof-shelf which was there in old indigo for keeping sunglasses. Where it is in manza?

2. The remote lock/unlock is silent, just indicators flash. Although it gives feeling of premium car, I would like to have beep turned on to indicated car is really locked. Is their any way of turning on the beep, so that I will be sure that doors are locked? The doors do not get lock if one of the door is not completely closed, or lights remained on.
In absence of audible feedback, there is danger, of leaving car unlocked.

3. The fuel indicator is not stay-type. It goes to zero when key removed and pops back to position when key is inserted. Bit amused as old Matiz has stay-type fuel indicator why Manza does not have? Or Is it my manza only?

4. While taking sharp U turn I could sense additional noise sometimes. The workshop mechanic ( not SA) was pretty knowledgeable and commented that the noise is their when steering is turned completely to the limit. He could demonstrate it to me that turning steering wheel to limit, some additional noise is generated. This noise is not present in old indigo and advised me not to turn steering till limit.
At that point I accepted argument, however now I am not sure. Is it the really case? Does other Manza owners also feel the some noise when steering wheel is turned to limit?

5. I need parking sensors on back as well as front. Any recommendations? In Gurgaon I am not able to find good after-market parking sensors which have both rear and well front sensors (without spending fortune).

For rear sensor the best deal is from amby mall reliance AutoZone for Autocop (I forgot the model) and has small but cute 3 LED display .

Thinking to purchase two such systems. Fit on rear and one on front . With manual switch to front sensor activation. This way I can turn on front sensor when I need it.

Any comments on such arrangement?

Also any feedback about who can do such odd job without messing up? I mean somebody who is able to understand concept, Do clean fitting for LED indicators and switch on dashboard with out hanging wires and unfinished look?

6. Steering wheel ICE controls are not illuminated. Since I do not fiddle with ICE much, even after couple of months I am not familiar with them. Unfortunately while driving I can not use steering wheel control, if required in nighttime.
Any workaround, apart from reaching to main ICE controls? Or is there a way to illuminate steering wheel controls?

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Few Questions to fellow Manza-owners

1. I could not locate small roof-shelf which was there in old indigo for keeping sunglasses. Where it is in manza?

Its not there in Manza.

2. The remote lock/unlock is silent, just indicators flash. Although it gives feeling of premium car, I would like to have beep turned on to indicated car is really locked. Is their any way of turning on the beep, so that I will be sure that doors are locked? The doors do not get lock if one of the door is not completely closed, or lights remained on.
In absence of audible feedback, there is danger, of leaving car unlocked.

Strange. Mine does get locked even if lights are on.
Cant find anyway on turning beep on. Asked this to service people and they said its not their in the car!

3. The fuel indicator is not stay-type. It goes to zero when key removed and pops back to position when key is inserted. Bit amused as old Matiz has stay-type fuel indicator why Manza does not have? Or Is it my manza only?

The same is in mine also. I think this was also same in previous indigo as well.

4. While taking sharp U turn I could sense additional noise sometimes. The workshop mechanic ( not SA) was pretty knowledgeable and commented that the noise is their when steering is turned completely to the limit. He could demonstrate it to me that turning steering wheel to limit, some additional noise is generated. This noise is not present in old indigo and advised me not to turn steering till limit.
At that point I accepted argument, however now I am not sure. Is it the really case? Does other Manza owners also feel the some noise when steering wheel is turned to limit?

Well i am sure i have turned it to limit many times and heard no noise but will check again specifically tommorow for this

5. I need parking sensors on back as well as front. Any recommendations? In Gurgaon I am not able to find good after-market parking sensors which have both rear and well front sensors (without spending fortune).

For rear sensor the best deal is from amby mall reliance AutoZone for Autocop (I forgot the model) and has small but cute 3 LED display .

Thinking to purchase two such systems. Fit on rear and one on front . With manual switch to front sensor activation. This way I can turn on front sensor when I need it.

Any comments on such arrangement?

Also any feedback about who can do such odd job without messing up? I mean somebody who is able to understand concept, Do clean fitting for LED indicators and switch on dashboard with out hanging wires and unfinished look?

Experts may reply this.

6. Steering wheel ICE controls are not illuminated. Since I do not fiddle with ICE much, even after couple of months I am not familiar with them. Unfortunately while driving I can not use steering wheel control, if required in nighttime.
Any workaround, apart from reaching to main ICE controls? Or is there a way to illuminate steering wheel controls?

Hey the steering controls are so easy to operate at night also. If you are having trouble doing it then why not use the remote control for the music system. i find the remote much easier way than steering controls!

Cheers/
R.D.P.
My replies are in bold.
Old 12th June 2010, 14:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:

I Have observed this noise all the time the steering is turned completely to the limit.
When checked with the Service center they told this is common in all Manza.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks