Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 18:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
First of all Congrats for your Ford Figo, we were confused about color because of the title of the thread.
Any way light blue or sky blue (not true) is looking much much better in one of the pics its in the showroom, I had immidiatly went to Fords website to search if they have introduced this color. I wish they do at once.
By blue oval, I meant the Ford logo. I am jumping from a Maruti Suzuki to the Ford. Will be interesting to compare the after sales service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Congrats for the new car..

are you sure the one next to yours is CHILL? it looks like the same silver standing under a shade. asking because CHILL in Fiesta looks more like light beige.

It is the chill. That is what I meant, Chill is very difficult to reproduce in pics. Even in figo site, it looks like biege. I could not see the chill before i booked, otherwise I would have opted for it. Instead I decided on Moondust silver.

Thanks everybody. @ Gemi, I thought you will ask me about the FE

Last edited by Deep Blue : 26th May 2010 at 18:16.
Old 26th May 2010, 18:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ DeepBlue: Your wish is granted. Here i go. What is it like now

Hey! is it a coral or Ebony dash?
Old 26th May 2010, 19:01   #18
BHPian

Congrats Deep Blue. Welcome to the family.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:10   #19
BHPian

Interior space - Very good. I would put i20>figo=Punto>Swift/Ritz.
I could easily get a comfortable position on the front seat. . Lower back support could have been better.Seat height adjust is nothing to write about.All controls fall to the hands easily.(except some like bonnet release lever)
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010642.jpg

Back seat space is also excellent, For my height(5ft10in) there was sufficient space behind the drivers' seat.My mother felt comfortable. Adjustable head restraints are badly needed as the present ones are fairly low.

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010620.jpgThe Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010711.jpg[ATTACH]356636[/ATTACH)

Boot is excellent. I will let the pics do the talking
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010612.jpgThe Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010708.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010714.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 22:46   #20
BHPian

1.Drivability : Absence of turbolag makes city driving easier. I am able to manage Udupi town mostly in 3rd gear. On the inclines, if the approach speed is good, no problems. If the approach speed is less, need to downshift early. Shifting down to 2nd anywhere in the slope makes it a wheezy till the turbo range is reached. I suppose, the trick is to keep the revs within the turbo range. This is my observation. Experts, please advise. I am new to diesels. Engine noise is acceptable. Cruising at 60s is quiet, there is muted
growl only when the accelerator is pressed. No boom like in Punto.

I have not driven in the highways, so cant comment anything on top speed, stability etc.

2. Steering wheel smaller than my old Alto, but nice too grip. Power steering feels good but a touch lighter than the Punto.

3. FE : With the first tankfull, the DTE showed 586 which means FE of 13kms/l. Still on that tank. Hope things improve after the run in

4. Brilliant AC, cools fast, even when parked in open areas. Dont know about the rear seat though. Looks like I can avoid the tints.

Negatives( Actual and percieved)

1.Lack of adjustable headrest in backseat. Now it is more of a neck rest for my height.

2.Low ground clearance, lack of bumpers, poor headroom. Not had any issue though.

3.The rubber parts and glass attracts a lot of dust. There are lot of shall I say gutters or crevices near the rubber beadings which attract a lot of dust.

4.Some more street presence maybe.

5.On my wishlist, one version above Titanium with steering mounted audio controls,rear power windows, alloy wheels and maybe 1.6 engine .

Some nice helfpul features :

Lane change indicator

Boot release button on key

Bluetooth on stereo
Old 27th May 2010, 22:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures. They are pictures that do convey a lot of information (specially the interior pictures).

If you don't mind my asking, what did you mean by your father-in-law beating you to the Punto? Did he buy it (and hence you didn't want to buy it) or did he discourage you from buying it?

Also, what is the price difference with the Punto Emotion Pack and the Figo?
Old 27th May 2010, 23:03   #22
BHPian

6.39 OTR man thats steep taxing compared to 5.85 in kerala with extended warranty.
How did you choose your color?
Old 27th May 2010, 23:35   #23
BHPian

Can you please give details of the extended warranty package - what all it includes, and what is not covered? The cost as well.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@ DeepBlue: Your wish is granted. Here i go. What is it like now

Hey! is it a coral or Ebony dash?
I have mentioned the FE in one of the above posts. It is a Black dash. I wonder why they call it Ebony?. Your thread has been most informative, the icing on the cake(GTO's review). Helped a lot. A big thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
If you don't mind my asking, what did you mean by your father-in-law beating you to the Punto? Did he buy it (and hence you didn't want to buy it) or did he discourage you from buying it?
Also, what is the price difference with the Punto Emotion Pack and the Figo?
He bought it in Sep 09. Did not want one more in the family. Very nice car Very heart car. He has a silver Octy and silver Punto and I have the silver Figo, the silver siblings!

In KA, Punto E pack is 7.6l, with discounts about 7.3l on road if i remember correctly. My father-in-law is in Kerala, it was around 6.8l or so when he bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
How did you choose your color?
The Light colors seemed to provide a good contrast with the black areas on the car. My earlier Alto was white, so did not want white. I couldnt see a chill before I booked the car.It looked like biege on the website and didnt like it. That is why settled for the silver. If I had seen the chill earlier, would have opted for it.
Plus light colors hopefully will retain less heat.
Old 28th May 2010, 00:44   #25
BHPian

This is what I meant by Blue oval. No blue shades on figo

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010731.jpg

Have I got the Fiesta Mats? I have no complaints though. No boot mats though.

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010732.jpg

Some more photos

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010694.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010703.jpg
The ones in orange pouch, are they fuses?. Pardon my ignorance

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010700.jpg
Old 28th May 2010, 02:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The ones in orange pouch, are they fuses?. Pardon my ignorance
Yes, They are the spare fuses.
I guess, the colors correspond to different Amps.
Old 28th May 2010, 02:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congratulations on your new purchase @deep blue. Drive safe. Enjoy her to the fullest. Congrats again!
Old 28th May 2010, 04:24   #28
BHPian

Hi Deep Blue, Congrats on the car. Looks very good. By the way, what are those two box like structures in the boot in the fourth pic? Are these for the tyres to curve in? Sorry if I'm being stupid. They do not look of the same size as well.
Old 28th May 2010, 08:26   #29
BHPian

Congrats deep blue. First i thought you have revealed a new colour of figo, after seeing the pictures i thought it might have some relation to your username, then its the logo. Funny but nice assumption.

Way you go. fi-GO!
Old 28th May 2010, 09:47   #30
BHPian

Thank you every body for the wishes.

@ Indizen - The extended warranty booklet comes directly from the company by post. I have not recieved it yet. It costs rs 3490 here, but was free to me as corporate discount.

@maxwell - Yes, those are for the tyres and suspension i suppose. The size discrepancy is probably because of the angle at which photo was taken.

Some sore points on the finishing details of the car:

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010757.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010758.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010765.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010766.jpg

Good finish on the left door :

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010768.jpg

Last edited by Deep Blue : 28th May 2010 at 09:50.

Most Viewed