Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:02   #46
BHPian

Hello DeepBlue i think i saw your house today-i work nearby at TMA Pai hospital!!the temple looks like Anegudde temple!!

anyway good to hear you have such good reviews about the figo.just one question-what about service?do you have to take to mangalore or they come here?
Old 3rd June 2010, 02:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Some sore points on the finishing details of the car
Hey am curious did you manage to get the dealer to fix/replace the poorly finished parts that you mentioned earlier??
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hear occassional hiss from below, wonder what it is?, Suspension?

My earlier question. How do I figure out if the ABS is working?
Hissing is ok. Its the steering. Dont worry. Just dont hold her at extreme ends for long.

About he ABS. I think you can try some high speed braking when no one is behind you. You should feel a judder on the brake pedal. But be careful.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:50   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
About he ABS. I think you can try some high speed braking when no one is behind you. You should feel a judder on the brake pedal. But be careful.
High speed not needed. Just stamp on the brake hard even at 40kmpH, you should feel the brake pedals judder.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hello DeepBlue i think i saw your house today-i work nearby at TMA Pai hospital!!the temple looks like Anegudde temple!!

anyway good to hear you have such good reviews about the figo.just one question-what about service?do you have to take to mangalore or they come here?
It is a small world, I work at Manipal. Paedsurgery. Which dept are you in?
Service at Mangalore only. They say they going to open a workshop in Udupi in 2-3months on the highway somewhere after Abharan motors showroom. But I didnt find anything there.
Yes, it is Anegudde temple, a favorite among people around here for new car puja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore View Post
Hey am curious did you manage to get the dealer to fix/replace the poorly finished parts that you mentioned earlier??
No. I have to go to Mangalore which is 60kms from Udupi, will have to take a day off. Planning to do it and whatever else crops up during the first service only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hissing is ok. Its the steering. Dont worry. Just dont hold her at extreme ends for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
High speed not needed. Just stamp on the brake hard even at 40kmpH, you should feel the brake pedals judder.
Thanks guys. Will try it out sometime.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 3rd June 2010 at 18:11.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:14   #51
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Deep Blue. Happy Motoring.
please try to provide FE figures and your feel about this competitive hatchback...
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
It is a small world, I work at Manipal. Paedsurgery. Which dept are you in?
Service at Mangalore only. They say they going to open a workshop in Udupi in 2-3months on the highway somewhere after Abharan motors showroom. But I didnt find anything there..
Hi i am just near you then- I am in Psychiatry!!you must have seen my red palio sometime.the only 1.6 in manipal i know of!!though mow it is in Kerala

Taking the car to Mangalore is a bit of a hassle is it not?especially since it means a day's leave!!regular service may not be an issue due to the long service intervals!!
Old 4th June 2010, 15:13   #53
BHPian

Yes, I have seen the car, KL-5 regn, I think. Now I remember you as well. Drop in sometime. You can check out the car as well.
10000km service intervals would mean about once in 8 months or so which I felt is okay for going to Mangalore. Will have to coordinate with movies in Bharath mall though!

Last edited by Deep Blue : 4th June 2010 at 15:15.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Deep Blue. Happy Motoring.
please try to provide FE figures and your feel about this competitive hatchback...
Thanks!

I am still on my 2nd tank full. My earlier posts detail the feel of the car as well as FE on my first tank full. I will be happy to clarify any further specific points to the best of my ability.
Summing up about the feel, compared to my earlier car, I am really enjoying the handling, ride and creature comforts.
Old 6th June 2010, 20:30   #55
BHPian

FE UPDATE

Tanked up today.

She took in all of 45 ltrs. Tripmeter read 659. So FE is 14.6kms/l. About 350kms of this was highway and the rest town(not bumper to bumper as in Bangalore).AC on 100%.
I dont know the reasons for fall in FE. One of the highway trips(about 100kms), I drove a bit enthusiastically as I had to reach on time.

Upon filling 45ltrs, the DTE read 676kms which means a FE of 15kms. Looks like that will be my average.

After filling her up, I had to run 55kms on the highway back home. I ran without AC as the the rains had cooled down the place. I also drove fairly sedately at a max speed of 80kmph. The DTE dropped only by 14kms, 676 to 662!. Looks like a very thirsty compressor.

Without the AC, 4th gear is really sweet.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:24   #56
BHPian

Firstly, congrats on your Figo.

FE of 15 (combined) seems good for a petrol car. But for a diesel, it sure looks concerning.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:13   #57
BHPian

FE UPDATE

Third tank up today. She took in 38ltrs. Odo read 711kms. That would mean FE of 18.7km/l . About 150km was highway, rest town. AC on may be 85-90% of the time.
On filling up, the DTE read 712kms which means FE of 15.8.

Totally run 1900kms now. No problems as of yet.

Had my first scratch/gash yesterday. Dont remember any incident, just found out in the morning on washing the car.I think some biker must have scraped on my parked car.
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010923.jpg

Some more quality inconsistencies. Could also be at the dealer end, as the front bumper would have been removed to fit the fog lamps.

left bad side
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010929.jpg

right side perfect fitment
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010935.jpg

The good one
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010932.jpg

The bad one
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010930.jpg

Last edited by Deep Blue : 20th June 2010 at 23:16.
Old 23rd June 2010, 01:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

The mileage figures are excellent. The fit issues you report aren't anything to be worried about with plastic parts (in this case the bumper). Check all the metal shutlines (doors, boot etc.), they should be consistent.

You are doing a great job of updating the thread, keep it up. Your sharing the experience in detail is a great help for prospective Figo buyers.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:19   #59
BHPian

Thanks .

T-BHP has taught me a lot. Hope to give atleast something back.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
T-BHP has taught me a lot. Hope to give atleast something back.
Do you fill to the brim or is it Auto stop always? Stick to one of them else your calculations are bound to vary.

From what I have observed in the Manza (which again has a 45L fuel tank), the displayed DTE is calculated for 40L when tank is filled.

The same could apply to Figo as well.

I always go for brim as Auto stop is hardly used in my town by the pump attendants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks