Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 20:52   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hey Sandeep, regarding location of service centre, where exactly is it?did you have any difficulty getting transport from there after you gave your car for service?
Cauvery Ford guys still keep telling me they will do service in Udupi!!

Also i am surprised to hear about squeeks!!i plain hate them!!but i thought only Marutis had that(even my Ritz has started!!)
Rajesh, It is at a left turn at Baikampady, midway(opposite deepak pump) between the rail overbridge bottleneck and the Port hospital junction. After the left turn, it is about a 1 1/2km inside.They drop you upto the NH-17 from where you have a auto stand & city bus stop. Autos are not regular though. When I went to pick up the car, there was no auto but SA came to pick me up. Express bus stops at port hospital junction or baikampady.

When I was buying the car their constant spin was "We hold monthly service camps in Udupi" and each time they had a sly smile on their faces. As far as I remember they have not held a single service camp in Udupi,even before I bought the Figo.

But I think they will open a workshop somewhere near Ashirwad theatre/Robosoft towards September end.The showroom manager Mr Rajesh Shetty told me this,so may be reliable.

Yeah, the squeaks are very irritating. Luckily comes only on the concrete roads opposite Harsha or on rough roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Hey Deep Blue, what do you feel about the ergonomics of inside door knobs in Figo? I found them to be a little awkward, especially when they get autolocked as the vehicle moves. i find it better on the Zen that i drive(old model). What are your views on this?
I suppose the autolocking feature is there in most cars nowadays and is helpful too. As soon as the speed crosses 7km/hr in Figo it locks itself. As pointed out in various Figo threads, it can be unlocked from any of the passenger doors, hence driver cannot control it. This could be a disadvantage with children. Ergonomics per se is not an issue.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 31st July 2010 at 20:55.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:05   #77
BHPian

@ anil sanil
there is another option for defrost apart from the dedicated one, this one sends air to the wind shield and cabin as well, did you check that out?

This is what I have latched on to now!
  • Operating power windows from key fob.how and why?
I think I read about this feature in one of the Polo threads. If I remember correctly, you have to press both lock and unlock button together, and any open windows goes up close. Helpful if you lock the car and suddenly find one of the windows open,then I need not unlock, open the door, turn the power on and raise the windows, switch off, close door and lock again. I am a lazy fellow
Old 31st July 2010, 21:23   #78
BHPian

Nice car Deep Blue. I'm waiting to see this car beat the swift finally....
Old 31st July 2010, 23:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I had that 'tight' feeling initially. But the car's AC is always on and so I do not feel that 'tightness' any more even with the AC.

Even the regular AC mode should do!

Should check that. Did not feel that there was an airflow like that.
  • I think the culprit is the mostly short city runs. I have found the engine a little more smoother after a longer highway run. I suppose diesel engines need time to unwind!
  • In this rainy season, I dont always put on the AC . And then when I want to defrost, my default tendency is to turn the dial to defrost position. Nowadays, I constantly keep it at the position which says flow to windshield, cabin and feet.
  • The feet airflow is lesser when the knob is at other positions but it is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Nice car Deep Blue. I'm waiting to see this car beat the swift finally....
Thanks, windiesel. Followed your Manza thread closely. Almost bought it as well. The white giant must be serving you well.
With the new Swift around the corner, Figo has its work cut out.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 31st July 2010 at 23:32.
Old 1st August 2010, 02:05   #80
RDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
[list]
Any info on when the new swift would be out?
Also now that you have run your car car for some time, would you recommend it to someone over Swift and Ritz d?
Old 1st August 2010, 13:17   #81
BHPian

Early 2011? Thought I read so in ACI.
Definitely,Figo is one of the most practical VFM hatches available today.
For a family man with resources to buy only one car, the Figo scores over the Swift and the Ritz.
For the single man, may be the Swift.
Ritz is a lost case.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

I would definitely not agree. There is nothing like one car for family person and one for bachelors. I would say swift for those who want to play it safe and enjoy the thrill. Figo is for those who want MORE for the BUCK. It definitely handles better, is more involving to drive and more comfortable apart from the more space and more features. The Punto is for those who want the best in class ride and handling and kind of involvement in driving that you get only on FIAT cars.

But all said the swift D has got one of the best tuned engine and is surely a hoot to drive.

Last edited by gemithomas : 1st August 2010 at 16:21.
Old 1st August 2010, 19:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh, It is at a left turn at Baikampady, midway(opposite deepak pump) between the rail overbridge bottleneck and the Port hospital junction. After the left turn, it is about a 1 1/2km inside.They drop you upto the NH-17 from where you have a auto stand & city bus stop. Autos are not regular though. When I went to pick up the car, there was no auto but SA came to pick me up. Express bus stops at port hospital junction or baikampady.

When I was buying the car their constant spin was "We hold monthly service camps in Udupi" and each time they had a sly smile on their faces. As far as I remember they have not held a single service camp in Udupi,even before I bought the Figo.

But I think they will open a workshop somewhere near Ashirwad theatre/Robosoft towards September end.The showroom manager Mr Rajesh Shetty told me this,so may be reliable.

Yeah, the squeaks are very irritating. Luckily comes only on the concrete roads opposite Harsha or on rough roads.

Overall are you satisfied with the service?i feel it will be difficult to beat Maruti but are they knowledgeable and do they rectify the problems 100%?

You are true about service.My father in law's company had purchased a fiesta a month back and they take all the way to Mangalore for service.it is ok for them as they have a company driver but for people like us i feel the whole process is really irritating!!not to mention the dust at Baikampady which we will have to endure!!

I guess i will wait till they start a service centre here!!!because i am looking at a fiesta and the service intervals are more frequent than figo
Old 1st August 2010, 23:16   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I would definitely not agree. There is nothing like one car for family person and one for bachelors. I would say swift for those who want to play it safe and enjoy the thrill. Figo is for those who want MORE for the BUCK. It definitely handles better, is more involving to drive and more comfortable apart from the more space and more features. The Punto is for those who want the best in class ride and handling and kind of involvement in driving that you get only on FIAT cars.

But all said the swift D has got one of the best tuned engine and is surely a hoot to drive.
I most definitely agree that we cannot straight jacket buyer groups like what I did. To each, his own.
The family person I visualised was definitely me and I had to consider not only my aspirations but also my family's necessities. I felt Figo gives the most for my buck over other cars.
The bachelors I was thinking of must be Tbhp bachelors.

Quote:
Overall are you satisfied with the service?i feel it will be difficult to beat Maruti but are they knowledgeable and do they rectify the problems 100%?

You are true about service.My father in law's company had purchased a fiesta a month back and they take all the way to Mangalore for service.it is ok for them as they have a company driver but for people like us i feel the whole process is really irritating!!not to mention the dust at Baikampady which we will have to endure!!

I guess i will wait till they start a service centre here!!!because i am looking at a fiesta and the service intervals are more frequent than figo
Maruti service at Udupi for my earlier Alto was a breeze. Just drive in to Abharan(no need to book) and drive out in the evening. They would happily pick up and drop the vehicle also if you are not able to go. And I always had a pleasant experience with Abharan fellows. If you did not like them you had a second choice at St.Jude as well in our small town.

Compared to Maruti, Ford experience is definitely a big PAIN. You have plan your schedule, prebook and go in search of service centre deep inside slushy dusty baikampady. The autos know you have come to service your car and fleece you right royally.Even for Mangalore residents, it would be a pain. Most other companies have service centres within Mangalore city or atleast at accessible areas. Luckily from now, I will have to go only once every 10000kms. I did not have any significant work at first service, but they did take care of all the squeaks.

Advaith Hyundai which is opening next to Bharat cars in Mangalore also belongs to same group as Cauvery Ford. They seem to be planning the workshop at the same site.Cauvery Ford also could have done the same at Kottara as when they set up shop,land prices would have been far cheaper.

Now Hanuman motors is got dealership for Fiat as well, so you can wait for Linea Tjet as well

Last edited by Deep Blue : 1st August 2010 at 23:28.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:18   #85
RDB

Quote:
[list][*]
Any idea when the new Swift is coming? Man, these guys at Maruti Suzuki make us wait like anything. First they took so long to bring the K series Swift and now this wait.
Old 7th August 2010, 21:31   #86
BHPian

I thought I read in ACI as early 2011. Not sure.
Old 7th August 2010, 22:44   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I was appalled by Ford Service.
My DTE reading shows up as 444 on a FULL tank, and when I asked the service manager he said it was no issue as the feature was defective anyways, and many other Fiesta and Figo owners had complained!
But I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it over here!
Old 6th September 2010, 23:40   #88
BHPian

Squeak box is back in full glory. The right rear and left rear(near quarter glass) squeaks are back in full action about 2 weeks after the first service and have worsened now. Sometimes I hear something in the dash as well. And the odo reads only 4500kms. So much for the Ford's build quality.
The door plastics are also prone for scratches.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Squeak box is back in full glory. The right rear and left rear(near quarter glass) squeaks are back in full action about 2 weeks after the first service and have worsened now. Sometimes I hear something in the dash as well. And the odo reads only 4500kms. So much for the Ford's build quality.
The door plastics are also prone for scratches.

Ford has released a Technical Service Bulletin to all their Service Centers which has details about the solution to the squeaks! They just remove the roof lock panel and do some cutting and fitting! Post that there would not be any squeaks!

I agree with you about the plastic quality

Last edited by anilisanil : 7th September 2010 at 11:24.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:30   #90
BHPian

I think us, early buyers will be the guinea pigs for such niggles. Problem for me is a visiet to service centre means a 120km round trip through not so good roads and a day off from work. Till next service, I think I will have to just turn up the volume and drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks