Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 14:41   #1
BHPian

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.

It was 8yrs and 115000kms with my first car, the Alto. And decided it is time for a new car. In the meantime, I got married, had a kid, parents are with me, so the needs also have increased. I run atleast 50kms/day with a two monthly 200km drive to my in-laws place. I am not a very technically inclined person nor a performance enthusiast. I was looking for a spacious, safe,diesel car within a budget of 7.5-8lakhs.
The cars considered were i20 and Manza. The new i20 magna lost its ABS and felt pricey. It was the Manza then, ticked all the boxes and I had decided to book it till the underdog came in. I call Figo the underdog, as I had never considered it, primarily because the dealer was in Mangalore, which is 60kms from my town and the expensive spare parts story. That was till I read they sold 7000 odd cars within 1 month of launch in T-bhp March sales thread. I decided, I should atleast have a test drive. I did, and then was hooked instantly. It had all that I needed and at 1.2 lakhs less than Manza Aura ABS. That value clinched it. It had sufficient space, had ABS and airbags and the necessary creature comforts. I did not consider the Punto because my father-in-law beat me to it. Otherwise it would have been my first choice I think. The Swift and Ritz were not considered because of lack of space. Dzire because of lack of rear seat space and the looks.
I took delivery of my Ford Figo Titanium 1.4 Tdci on May 17th from my dealer Cauvery Ford, Mangalore. Buyer experience was pleasant , no glitches. They delivered in 3 weeks, a week ahead of promised time. Papework was smooth, though permanent registration is yet to be done. Maruti had done a small puja as well when they delivered the Alto to me 8 yrs ago, this was missing here. Initially, no freebies at booking, but I got the 3rd yr warranty free as a corporate discount later.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to GTO for his test drive reports and all the owners for recording their ownership experiences. This is what helped me come to this informed decision. Thank you, T-BHP.
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010539.jpg
Old 26th May 2010, 14:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Figo. Its raining Figos on the Team-bhp.

Enjoy many more miles with the FI-GO
Old 26th May 2010, 15:02   #3
BHPian

Congrats on the Figo! Figo numbers are just on the increase in TBhp. btw - What was the on road price? Did the dealer give any discounts?
Old 26th May 2010, 15:03   #4
BHPian

Congrats Deep Blue. Welcome to the Figo owner's club. Enjoy your ride.

Can you post some more pics and your driving experience?

Cheers!!!
Old 26th May 2010, 15:04   #5
BHPian

welcome to the ford figo club and happy and safe motoring...
Old 26th May 2010, 15:10   #6
BHPian

Congratulations on Figo,

That's a nice colour choice.

Drive safe and have fun.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:19   #7
BHPian

It is one week since I have got my hands on the car. 400kms on the Odo. I have been happy with the car.
Plain Jane looks to my liking. ( I don’t like the Chevy Beat at all)
Looks best from the rear quarter (Honda CRVish).
Interior also well done except for oddities like bonnet release on the left side, indicators stalk on the lefts side. Interior finishing is better than the Punto. The seat fabric is among the best I have seen(among Punto, i20,Manza,Alto & Octavia). My wife also liked it very much.
Coming from the Alto Lx, the features are a major upgrade for me. I am enjoying the well weighted power steering, power windows, electric rear view mirrors etc. The absence of rear power windows some how is not that much of a dampener. Punto’s steering is, I feel better than the Figo’s.
Stereo is more than adequate for my needs. Bluetooth works very well. The sound clarity on both ends are very good, I felt better than the Punto’s. The manual though is written in “Chinese” English. USB port was never in stock.
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010540.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010600.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010759.jpg

Thank you, raghu,sumathindra,gr8guzzler,ebiz and nkrishnap. Thank you sumathindra, gr8guzzler and ebiz for the reviews, helped a lot.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 26th May 2010 at 15:27.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Congrats on the Figo! Figo numbers are just on the increase in TBhp. btw - What was the on road price? Did the dealer give any discounts?
On road price was 6,39,081. 3rd yr warranty worth 3490 was free as a corporate discount.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, it's raining FIGOs on Team-BHP. Nice car indeed!

Congrats on the 'Blue Oval', Deep Blue.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:29   #10
BHPian

very nice color. When did they introduce this color?
Old 26th May 2010, 15:32   #11
BHPian

I have the same color as you. Moondust silver. I think light and photo are playing the tricks!
Old 26th May 2010, 15:59   #12
BHPian

In the very first photo, at the dealer, my car(moondust silver) is the one with pink ribbons. The car by the side( with red temp plates) is the Chill color. Chill is a nice color but does not come out well on photos.
Build quality, ride and handling is next only to Punto, better than i20. Feels nice and solid, once inside it feels like a big car. No rattles/squeaks in this one week.The car feels planted at speeds of 80(max i have reached). Small potholes, undulations etc are not felt at all. Even the bigger ones are dismissed with a slight thud. i20 had the worst ride, even small undulations in the road disturb it. The sales rep was having a sheepish look and repeatedly telling, it is only the test drive car sir!.

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010603.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010605.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-p1010749.jpg
Old 26th May 2010, 16:21   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have the same color as you. Moondust silver. I think light and photo are playing the tricks!
First of all Congrats for your Ford Figo, we were confused about color because of the title of the thread.
Any way light blue or sky blue (not true) is looking much much better in one of the pics its in the showroom, I had immidiatly went to Fords website to search if they have introduced this color. I wish they do at once.

Last edited by jacksons : 26th May 2010 at 16:28.
Old 26th May 2010, 16:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
In the very first photo, at the dealer, my car(moondust silver) is the one with pink ribbons. The car by the side( with red temp plates) is the Chill color. Chill is a nice color but does not come out well on photos.
Congrats for the new car..

are you sure the one next to yours is CHILL? it looks like the same silver standing under a shade. asking because CHILL in Fiesta looks more like light beige.

Last edited by Daewood : 26th May 2010 at 16:58.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats deepblue. Chill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks