Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 08:58   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Relay can be used with any PW set.
Swift Ldi & Lxi comes without PW and Vxi, Vxi w/ abs, Vdi & Zxi come with PW
Thanks for the info... Pardon my ignorance...

Would you be able to know how much will it cost to only get the relay?. And what my thinking here is that, as the relay is connected to the Autocop remote locking system, would it work with a normal OEM remote locking feature provided by the car manufacturers?. Just my thinking, it can well be wrong....!!!
Old 16th June 2010, 22:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

1000+ on the Odo!

Today the DDiS Monster completed its 1000 kms run but unfortunately I could only take notice at 1006.

There are enough swift diesel ownership threads so I wasn't really sure if I should go ahead continuing mine but then I had to share the joy with someone and who better than mates who motivated me enough to go ahead with Swift Ldi, my first car, and a diesel.

Was planning to get the car serviced at Vipul Motors only as the car's mud flaps are pending with them but wasn't very happy with how they treated my sis's Estilo so went ahead with Kumar Automobiles in Okhla from where my dad has been getting his car (Swift Lxi) serviced for sometime now.

15 Jun'10
Had asked my boss for leave so that I can take the car for servicing but wifey had an interview the same day and I had to take her for the interview too. So with a VERY heavy heart I handed over the keys to dad who would take the car to his office from where the guys from Kumar Automobiles would take it to the service center as wifey is anyday priority over the car.

Got the interview done and rushed to drop wifey home, then went to dad's office as he had to go meet a client and needed his car back, took an auto to the service station. The car was supposed to be ready by 3 PM and I reached by 2:45 PM but they were just starting with it. Sat down in their customer lounge watching tv and the cool breeze from the AC started having its effect on me. Had a power nap on the sofa and then again watched tv for another half an hour before the guy came in and asked for me.

Went running (almost) to the car and was so glad to be again united with it. The guy in the driver's seat asked me to get inside as he had to take the car to wax it up at their other garage. Another 100 mtrs and the car was now parked inside their huge garage. The guy took out 3M Premium Liquid Wax, rubbed it all over with another guy who started wiping it off or rubbing it in with a dry cloth. As they were doing it I noticed two scratches, one on the bumper (a thin black line about 2 inches) and one on the door (very minute, 2mm, but visible if looked closely) and asked him how I could get rid of these. I've put this very casually but noticing them did break my heart :'-(

Now just before I proceed hear this out. The car had absolutely no scratches when I had handed over the keys to dad and he had taken it to the office in the perfect condition too as I'd confirmed it over the phone. Now the only way the white shining beauty could've had those was the service center guys not paying the needed attention while moving it around. And the reason why I did not much such a fuss about it because I knew that I had to get my first scratch someday and I was kind of ok with the fact that it wasn't a biker or another car and the scratch was not that big/deep too.

So when I asked him how to get rid of those he kind of gave me the "Relax dude!" look. Did I mention that I was constantly asking what wax he was using on the car, what chemical did he use to clean the dashboard as it wasn't polish (Tipol, Teepol or something like it he said), what treatment does the bumper get as it isn't waxed so he kind of was tired of answering all the questions.

Now after everything was done and the car was neater than ever I took it out, asked the guy to send the bill to my dad's office and experienced the turbo!

I pushed the car a little on the third gear and did it take off like a rocket. I felt it was enough power to give me goosebumps (read I upgraded from an M800) and that's the reason I've called it the DDiS Monster since the first day. I did not let the excitement go too far and again went back to my relaxed and slow driving, not revving the car too much, yet!

Now for the mileage: I got the tank full today and out of the 500 kms it'd had run only around 30 kms were after the first service and was I glad when I found out that I got 18.15 km/ltr out of it as against the 16.35 km/ltr that I'd calculated at 507 kms odo reading previously.

And this 18.15 km/ltr is in 100% city driving conditions, with 100% AC on!

Very happy with how the car is turning out to be and looks like I've chosen a great companion for my journey over the next years to come.

I shall be back soon with pics once I get the door handles and ORVMs painted as that is the only thing holding me back from clicking it again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks