Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 21:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
it has been mentioned in the DTE faq provided by ford that at inclines the DTE might give abnormal figures and it will be rectified as soon as the car levels up.

warm regards
Thanks! That puts my mind to rest.

I am still guilty of not checking FE. Will update next week.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Is the DTE dancing to the song?
^True - someone uploaded the DTE manual and it does mention that parking the car on an incline will definitely show a wrong DTE.
Old 10th July 2010, 00:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Update: Checked FE today, it is 13.8kmpl in city driving with AC on alll the time. Shell diesel used.

Clocked only 1500kms so far, will probably touch 2500 early next month. Will check FE again after that and update.

Now the car has lost its tightness and become very smooth. The pedals, gearshift, doors etc feel much smoother now. I am also getting more used to the gearing, and the idea of actually accelerating when upshifting (used to downshift-to-accelerate in my Xeta).

The left rear mud flap is broken.

Heard a squeak exactly once.

Managed to scrape the bottom a couple of times, when I took a speed breaker carelessly with the car fully loaded .

Overall... lovin' it!

Last edited by rajushank84 : 10th July 2010 at 00:03.
Old 10th July 2010, 19:04   #49
BHPian

Good to know that you are enjoying the new car, just as I am. So far, I've had no reason to complain about my Figo!
Old 20th July 2010, 12:43   #50
BHPian

@rajushank84, did you not try MPL in SRP tools. I see even others seem to have bought from MPL, Nandanam.
I am planning on booking one - hence the question.
@Brix and scorpio, will reach out to you guys as well.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:21   #51
Senior - BHPian

@vignesh, I actually did not know they had a showroom at SRP. If I had known, I would have gone there for sure.

At the end I am happy because the person who handled my booking, finance, resale of old car, registration & delivery did everything within flat 1 week of booking. I am not sure if I would have got the same at SRP which is their branch.

But then I guess it makes no difference. If you are planning to go to MPL Nandanam, ask for Siva Sankari and quote my name "Natarajan Shanker" if you want.
Old 29th July 2010, 21:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Checked FE today, it is 13.8kmpl in city driving with AC on alll the time. Shell diesel used.

Clocked only 1500kms so far, will probably touch 2500 early next month. Will check FE again after that and update.

Now the car has lost its tightness and become very smooth. The pedals, gearshift, doors etc feel much smoother now. I am also getting more used to the gearing, and the idea of actually accelerating when upshifting (used to downshift-to-accelerate in my Xeta).

The left rear mud flap is broken.

Heard a squeak exactly once.

Managed to scrape the bottom a couple of times, when I took a speed breaker carelessly with the car fully loaded .

Overall... lovin' it!
Accepted , the car was very tight , the gear especially . Now when I drive , well its very smooth . Not as smooth as a petrol though .

Even my friends rear left mudflap broke . You can see , if you notice in the pics that I have uploaded in the other thread . Some things are common for Figo .

About the squeak , is it when you go over an undulation with full load ?
I have heard the same in my zen ( spacer at the rear to accomodate alloys and upsized tyre ) .
I think it happens because of the rear springs getting compressed suddenly and then getting back to its normal position . The air in between the coils would be getting pushed away and the sound .
Even Figo has a long travel in its rear suspension .

Scraping the underbody , I think the clearance is very less for Indian / banglore bumps . Wen loaded I normally take the bumps at an angle to avoid the scraping .

I saw your reply on the suggestion for alloys . But trust me , a 15 inch tyre and alloy shoot the looks of the car to a new height !!
Exchanging the old tires and buying new alloys came upto 25 K for my friend .
If I were you , I would have done that , even though I would need to swipe my credit card and pay it with EMIs . Again only my honest opinion , as I think that all these addons to the vehicle , you would do only when its new

Enjoy the car
Old 30th July 2010, 00:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @rejoycjohn. I didn't hear the squeak after that, so not sure. Will watch out for it.

Thought about alloys, but I don't think this is the time to do that. I started off with a much, much smaller budget and have already overstretched. Perhaps I will go in for alloys + Michelin tyres some 2 years down the line, when (1) my tyres would have started getting worn and (2) I would be getting bored with the car and anything new would introduce a fresh interest in it.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thought about alloys, but I don't think this is the time to do that. I started off with a much, much smaller budget and have already overstretched. Perhaps I will go in for alloys + Michelin tyres some 2 years down the line, when (1) my tyres would have started getting worn and (2) I would be getting bored with the car and anything new would introduce a fresh interest in it.
Well definitely a different way to look at it :-) . Overshooting the budget , yes thats very much common to people like us , especially when the market has so many options which are attractive . But Figo is definitely the best value for money car in that segment . you getting an almost fully loaded vehicle at the price of a Swift VDi .
Old 30th July 2010, 12:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Price of an Ldi, actually. Both Swift Ldi and Figo Zxi diesel are 5.7 lakhs on-road Chennai.

And the Ldi doesn't even have a left ORVM or rear head restraints - both very,very basic safety stuff. Forget about decent tyres, music system, power windows, seat height adjust, rear wiper-washer-demister, bluetooth telephony. And these are just features - let's not even talk about basics like turbo lag, steering feel and boot space.

No comparison IMO. Perhaps the only factors where Ldi wins are the service network, high-end speeds and front seat comfort. But these are far outweighed by the other factors IMHO.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:08   #56
BHPian

raju - sorry to nitpick, but figo also misses out on rear head restraints on all variants isn't it?
Old 30th July 2010, 13:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Price of an Ldi, actually. Both Swift Ldi and Figo Zxi diesel are 5.7 lakhs on-road Chennai.

And the Ldi doesn't even have a left ORVM or rear head restraints - both very,very basic safety stuff. Forget about decent tyres, music system, power windows, seat height adjust, rear wiper-washer-demister, bluetooth telephony. And these are just features - let's not even talk about basics like turbo lag, steering feel and boot space.

No comparison IMO. Perhaps the only factors where Ldi wins are the service network, high-end speeds and front seat comfort. But these are far outweighed by the other factors IMHO.
Oh , then nothing more to say . Ldi also lacks tacho meter .
Swift is also notorious for its rattling issues .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
raju - sorry to nitpick, but figo also misses out on rear head restraints on all variants isn't it?
Yes the rear headrest is not there in Figo for any variant . It also misses the power window at the rear . Infact I dont think its very crucial to have the rear power windows , and for Figo the windows wind down only 60% .
Old 30th July 2010, 13:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

I went downstairs just to cross-check . The rear head restraint is very much there, it is just on the lower side. But sit in a normal sitting position and throw the head back (like what would happen in case of an impact). The restraint does take the impact (though it is not comfortable). In case of Swift, the neck takes the whole impact.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:12   #59
BHPian

OK. i will rephrase - there is no 'adjustible' rear-seat head restraints.
Even in the top-end variant.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
OK. i will rephrase - there is no 'adjustible' rear-seat head restraints.
Even in the top-end variant.
Agreed! But if we are comparing top-end variants (Titanium with VDI ABS) priced similarly, again the game is over before it begins!

Most Viewed