Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 09:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

i've had the squeak from rear right in my car since the second week of owning her. And just because of the "book before we check" attitude i decided to let it be. Off late is got so irritating that one day i decided to get away with it on my own. The solution is mentioned in my ownership thread.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:13   #32
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Ford Figo family. Nice writing style. Not at all sedate!.

Beautiful alloys. Which company? cost?

Did you change the tyres as well?

And of course, FE?. Few of my friends want to buy the petrol Figo but are wary of the FE.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
i've had the squeak from rear right in my car since the second week of owning her. And just because of the "book before we check" attitude i decided to let it be. Off late is got so irritating that one day i decided to get away with it on my own. The solution is mentioned in my ownership thread.
Will Check, update and correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Ford Figo family. Nice writing style. Not at all sedate!.

Beautiful alloys. Which company? cost?

Did you change the tyres as well?

And of course, FE?. Few of my friends want to buy the petrol Figo but are wary of the FE.
Will PM!
Old 16th June 2010, 16:11   #34
BHPian

Congrats Sedate. Nice writing style and a very handsome looking car. Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
Old 16th June 2010, 20:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheels View Post
Looks like the success of figo is making these dealerships behave like PDS (ration) shops. My dealer experience here at Mysore has been the same except that i have not yet received my vehicle even after a two month waiting period. Sedate can you please provide me the email or contact details of Ford officials to lodge a complaint. I am aware of their website but not sure if anyone reponds to the complaints other than a computer generated reply promising action.

I'm facing the same problem too. I've been waiting for my Sea Grey 1.4 Titanium for over 5 weeks now and my dealer (Lathangi ford, Bangalore) still has no clue on when I will be getting it. Worse, they don't even lift my calls or call me back. They are least professional and I pray that a new dealership opens in Bangalore who are professional, ethical and keep up their words. Metro Ford and Lathangi Ford, the two dealerships in Bangalore are enjoying their monopoly and are taking hundreds of Figo customers for a ride. It's high time something good happens from the top and the foul play and notorious attitude of these two dealerships comes to an end.

Sedate, can you pls. let me know the contact numbers of Ford customer Care pls.?
Old 17th June 2010, 06:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sedate : Enjoyed your writeup on your buying experience, I think Ford needs to tighten up there dealership & service network so that people have a consistent buying experience , Ford listen - people are buying a car not grocery and with such salesmanship Figo won't have a home run for sure.

Will wait for your update on your driving experience and FE figures.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:07   #37
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2010 at 20:02.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:52   #38
BHPian

Rust In Piece

Rust In Piece

The drive to Global Tyres was really nice! Enjoyed the first drive on a new car. No hiccups, just went on and on!

Sedate reached Global Tyres. The "custom" holed beauty was ready! Yes the four holed alloy! The H 285 from HRS.

Now it was for Rubber! It need to be Yokohama! Michelin is was too expensive and heavily out of value proposition! Too steep price for a "consumable".

The belly breaking scraps at every undulation has made Sedate to choose a bigger better tyre! It was Yokohama A drive 185/70 R14!

Yes! The tyres are a bit bigger for the car and its power! But an increased GC combined with increased comfort from the extra "quality" rubber is something unparalleled.

And the Alloys happily went in to the tyres! (or is it the other way around?)

Now it is time for removing the OEM wheels!

Heart Break!!! Rust in piece!

Close UP!

Special thanks to a fellow friend who took the PIC as an answer for spotting the rusting parts of his Indica Vista!
Attached Thumbnails
An Tarbh – Diamond White Ford Figo 1.2 L Titanium of Sedate-hijoin_h_285_hs.jpg  

An Tarbh – Diamond White Ford Figo 1.2 L Titanium of Sedate-dsc00701-large.jpg  

An Tarbh – Diamond White Ford Figo 1.2 L Titanium of Sedate-dsc00702-large.jpg  

An Tarbh – Diamond White Ford Figo 1.2 L Titanium of Sedate-dsc00703-large.jpg  

Old 29th June 2010, 23:20   #39
BHPian

Ethico Meter

Total weights added to new alloys(4 nos.) = 180 grams

Does a new alloy + tyre take that much weight for balancing?

The balancing guy told the Service adviser that its 180 grams of weight! The service guy came in and told the billing guy that the total weights added is 190 gram!

Huh! Either Global tyres need to make their billing/sales cabin voice proof or they should report the correct quantity.

Never made it a point as it is a meager 10 rupees. If the owner was there, I would have raised the question!

Less 10 point in ethico meter for Global Tyres! Sorry guys, you plainly lied in terms of quantity used! A lie is a lie even it is very small!

The car is experiencing a slight left pull after the tyre change! Checked it and did a front to back rotation and it is still there! Did a tyre change (inside out) and it is still there!

So left the left pull issue as such! May be will sort it at first service!

Tyre are awesome! It is not scraping any mechanical parts! Speed breakers dont scrap the f(l)at belly!

Tyres are soft and ride is good! Recommend Yokos!

The only sore point is that the tyre licks mud/soil and throws it to body! The best use of this tyre can be for cleaning the muddy roads!

This property of tyres helps in providing very good grip. No aqua planning or skidding!

Slingshot with mud in monsoon gives a nice workout everyday!!!
The tyre also throws water out as fine mist! Even door handles are not spared from the road mud! A good mudflap is a must! Ford OEM mudflaps are useless! Rs.550 gone down the drain!

Next part - The Great Indian Accessory Hunt! to be cont...
Old 30th June 2010, 09:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry about the rust. Every car out there runs with such rust.

About the tyres. i had noticed the side wall height in your pics but never saw it was 185/70. Would really like to know more about the handling characteristics of the car after the change. I can imagine how much more comfortable the ride would have become.

Also any change in mileage after the tyre size change? I think the best thing is that you can drive around anything without fearing of an under body hit. I think your Ground clearance should be close to 180mm now right!!
Old 30th June 2010, 10:21   #41
BHPian

If you have checked the alignment and it is OK then check the calipers. If the front caliper is rubbing against the disc, it may cause a pull to one side.

Regarding rust, front discs getting rusted is a common issue in all cars and there is nothing worry about.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Dont worry about the rust. Every car out there runs with such rust.

About the tyres. i had noticed the side wall height in your pics but never saw it was 185/70. Would really like to know more about the handling characteristics of the car after the change. I can imagine how much more comfortable the ride would have become.

Also any change in mileage after the tyre size change? I think the best thing is that you can drive around anything without fearing of an under body hit. I think your Ground clearance should be close to 180mm now right!!
To be frank I didn't note much change in mileage! Getting around 12.5 kmpl after factoring in the odo error! Never had a chance to take it to open roads! Traveling with 100% AC and mostly in 3rd and 4th gear!

Yup-Scraping the underbelly of a new car is like a guilt feeling in mind(at least for that minute)
Old 30th June 2010, 17:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
If you have checked the alignment and it is OK then check the calipers. If the front caliper is rubbing against the disc, it may cause a pull to one side.

Regarding rust, front discs getting rusted is a common issue in all cars and there is nothing worry about.
May a balancing and alignment after some "burn-in" aka run in!
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Awaken Sedate and update.
How is your Figo doing? Trust the run in is long over and there are some serious kms on the odo now.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Awaken Sedate and update.
How is your Figo doing? Trust the run in is long over and there are some serious kms on the odo now.
Waiting for the service center driver!

Scheduled the service for today.
Driver was supposed to come and pick the car from office at 8.45!

Oh! Its only 9.37 now! Long wait to give the list of rattles and squeaks!

Reviews pending :- Sun film (Vkool), Under body and Paint protection from 3M(Carnation) ! Need some time!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks