Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 23:00   #91
BHPian

Re: Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline

hi monsoon

how much did you pay for XM1 tyres. They are not available at Hyderabad. Please let me know if the dealer BM Lal has more stock of the same tyres. I am planning to change tyres on my Polo from Accelers to Michelins. How is your experience with the tyres?
Old 15th May 2011, 22:41   #92
BHPian

Hi i booked a polo diesel trendline as well after going through your review. To be honest fell in love with polo, though there is no dealership in my city and the only one we have is about 300 kms away from my city. The booking was done on the phone and the booking amount was transferred through the bank. I did get a receipt from the dealer confirming the booking but there is no delivery date mentioned on it. Verbally i was told 30 days. Should i ask the dealer to give me something in writing as well about delivery or should i leave it like that only. Kindly advice.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:57   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb
Hi i booked a polo diesel trendline as well after going through your review. To be honest fell in love with polo, though there is no dealership in my city and the only one we have is about 300 kms away from my city. The booking was done on the phone and the booking amount was transferred through the bank. I did get a receipt from the dealer confirming the booking but there is no delivery date mentioned on it. Verbally i was told 30 days. Should i ask the dealer to give me something in writing as well about delivery or should i leave it like that only. Kindly advice.
You do not generally get a date written down from the dealer. I had the same issue, the dealer refused to write down a committed date. Others have also had similar problems, from what I see the various Polo threads. But from all the ads I see in the newspapers about 99% off on waiting time, and what I hear from some friends, it should be fairly quick to get delivery these days.
Old 21st May 2011, 12:26   #94
BHPian

Thank you monsoon. Yes but that adv is only a corporate offer I did confirm it
Old 21st May 2011, 13:45   #95
BHPian

Took a TD of the Polo Trendline and its nice. was also thinking of these options:-
1. RITZ VDI
2. POLO TRENDLINE,
3. POLO COMFORTLINE'
4. FABIA TDICLASSIC
5. FABIA TDI AMBIENT.

Hear that the Polo Diesel and Fabia Diesel use the same engine, however on the Polo it says TDI and on the Fabia CRDI?????

What the best option to go for from the above 5 vehicles?
Old 21st May 2011, 20:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
84.monsoon: Can you please post pics of your HRS alloy wheels? Also can you mention what type of michelins did you purchase to go with them? Iam expecting my Polo sometime this month, cant wait!!
Thanks,
Varun
Varun, what alloys and tyres did you purchase? Please post details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi
I am posting some pictures of my HRS alloys as requested. I have had them now for almost 6 months on my Polo TDI Trendline. I chose the black rims to match with the black door handles and side mirror enclosures. This gives a bit of contrast to the bright red color of the car. I personally find the end-to-end red of the highline Polo a bit monotonous.

I got Michelin XM1 Energy tires. The dealer (BM Lal) has a nice collection fo alloy wheels. Since my stock tires were brand new at the time, the dealer exchanged them for a set of 5 SRS alloys +Michelin tires for a reasonable net amount.

Best of luck for the new owners. Good to see more polos on the road. It still feels pretty exclusive - the quality is obvious at first sight and there are still not that many on the road.
84.monsoon - could you share the buyback price of your original tyres and price of new tyres and alloys?
Old 21st May 2011, 21:39   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Took a TD of the Polo Trendline and its nice. was also thinking of these options:-
1. RITZ VDI
2. POLO TRENDLINE,
3. POLO COMFORTLINE'
4. FABIA TDICLASSIC
5. FABIA TDI AMBIENT.

Hear that the Polo Diesel and Fabia Diesel use the same engine, however on the Polo it says TDI and on the Fabia CRDI?????

What the best option to go for from the above 5 vehicles?
Buying a car is a personal decision, since you asked for suggestions- If I were you, I would choose between pt. 1 (Ritz VDI) & 2 (Polo TL TDI)

Pt.3. with the price difference w.r.t. Polo TL - doesn't make sense, the features/accessories offered in CL you can get most of these at 1/3rd of the price difference of CL in TL

Pt.4 & 5 . Simply because of SKODA. No offence meant to any Fabia owners, even I like this car and have taken enough ride on this to appreciate the feel good factor once inside the car. I have been asked several times by Fabia owners about a$$/cost of maintenance etc, its not that they said something bad about SKODA or Fabia but still gives an impression they expected more from their car (read mileage!) and A$$ as compared to Polo.

* I own a petrol polo, so first service is still pending for me, may be its just the feedback/-ve publicity of Skoda for them to ask or be skeptical about.

IMO go for the car which you liked most, after all everything cannot be decided with logic and calculations, all the best!

Last edited by AvonA7 : 21st May 2011 at 21:50.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 02:50   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post

Hi pal,

I got lucky with the purchase of the Alloys, in the sense that, someone sold the stock Alloys of their Highline Polo to the Tyre dealer (Lal Enterprises, Lloyds Road). So i was able to buy those rims from him at a total price of 15k. After that i had to change the stock tyres(14") with 15"ers for the Alloys. For this i chose Michelin Primacy LC. I dont remember the exact breakup, but i paid another 10k for the new tyres in exchange for the stock Rims & Tyres. This cost also included wheel Balancing & wheel alignment

So total cost= 25k.

P.S- He had some pretty neat designs for the Polo, like HRS, BBS, Lenso,etc.
misguidedmisile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 07:14   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz

84.monsoon - could you share the buyback price of your original tyres and price of new tyres and alloys?
My original price for 5 alloy wheels and set of 5 Michelin XM1 tires, minus the buyback price for my Appolo Accelere stock tires came to a net amount of Rs. 32 K.
Old 20th June 2011, 02:07   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

High 1st year service bill?

Last week, I got the first year service for my Polo. Since Arba motors, Chennai did not have any openings for service appointments for 2 more weeks, I got this done at the new Volkswagen dealership at VW Mount Road.
I had a relative's driver get the service done since I was out of town, and to my surprise, I found a bill for Rs. 11.100 when I got back from Out of town.

I thought this was quite high, I seem to have remembered first year service coming to about 7,500 for some of the other Diesel owners on this forum. Can someone clarify? I am attaching the relevant portion of the invoice.

I got the feeling the dealership threw in a few unnecessary extra check-ups etc. which were never really required! The car was running quite smooth etc after the service, so they no doubt seem to have done a good job, but at what cost? Also, the engine seems to have been de-tuned a bit, the pick up in 2nd gear is definitely lower.
Attached Thumbnails
Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-polo-service-invoice-part.jpg  

Old 20th June 2011, 10:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

@84.Monsoon, the bill is totally insane. First, the ASC has charged you extra in the form of labour. Only first service charges and wheel alignment and balancing charges look genuine to me. Other labour charges including washing, AC filter replacement and VAS test should be a part of First service. Also, why the hell did they charge you 900+ rupees for brake check up . If you reported any problem, it should have been fixed under warranty for free, and if you didnt report any problem, they should not have touched the brakes anyways.

Parts apart from Miscellaneous (from 6-10) in the list look pretty normal. Miscellaneous are anyways cheap enough, not to be questioned. But I have one things to ask here. Does 1.2 TDI takes 3 Litres of oil or 4? I was under impression that it takes 3.

You might wana share some thought here..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 20th June 2011 at 11:11.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

As per carwale, Polo TDI TL is 6.8L OTR in Bangalore.
CL is 7.43L and HL is 8.58L.

Extended warranty, RTO/incidental expenses are extra. If there are any "hafta" accessories (must buy; no choice dealer forced type), that would be extra too.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:17   #103
BHPian

I thought first 3 to 4 services will be free if you purchase new car. Water wash 350 INR is at higher side. Dust and Pollen filter should be replaced under warranty.
Old 20th June 2011, 16:02   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

A few years back there used to be a service after six months. This was because some bolts and stuff needed checking and tightening after the car was used for a while and run in. Teething troubles could be dealt with at this time too. I picked up a new Ford Fiesta (Hatchback) around 1989, and the guy actually said to me, "any small problems, we'll fix at the 6-month service." This type of tighten-things-up service seems to have been rendered unnecessary by current technology.

I do not see why there should be an expectation of any free service? oil, filters, coolant, etc etc is all consumables. If it is going to be provided free, that would just be a sales gimmick and, of course, (nothing is free) costed into the vehicle price!
Old 20th June 2011, 16:14   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I do not see why there should be an expectation of any free service? oil, filters, coolant, etc etc is all consumables.
I am not talking about consumables but the labor charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks