Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:36   #61
BHPian

Congrats on your Civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
If I am "Tom", the rats are like "Jerry" - those darned critters are way smarter than me.

All I know is that the previous owner is a businessman - that logo on the number probably is his company's logo.

Will do. What is HSRP? Google says HSRP stands for Hot Standby Router Protocol - a Cisco proprietory redudancy protocol.
HSRP stands for High Security Number Plates.
There is a thread here on that topic. You can get more info there.

Here is a pic of theMAG's Swift with HSRP
Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-60673.jpg
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Here is a pic of theMAG's Swift with HSRP
Attachment 360818

Those number plates looks too cool . Can you tell me how much does these cost ? I heard its around 1500 rs ?
Old 4th June 2010, 03:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the following signature suits me the best -
"How am I driving? Call 100"

Almost immediately after I took the delivery of the car, I drove to my favorite tyre shop and replaced all 4 tyres (the stock tyres had lost 3/4th of its tread) with 205/65 R15 Yokohama A-drives. Good enough, or should I have gone for 215 or a diffrent brand?
Hi smartcat,

Congratulations on the Civic.

"Call 100", do I sense a change in your driving habits, no more steady 80~90 kmph!!

As for the tires please go back to your dealer and change the A drives for something better like the AVS dB 550 also from Yoko. With your kind of driving(sustained long drives even at 80 kmph) that is the tire to go for, I use the same on my Cedia. As for the size stick to stock size. That generally works out to be the best decision unless you are up sizing the wheel diameter too.

BTW can you be a little more elaborate regarding the model/make and source of that air comp. you have. I would like to contact the shop and maybe order one to be shipped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Those number plates looks too cool . Can you tell me how much does these cost ? I heard its around 1500 rs ?
@ranjith,

You can get these made in Pune itself thru a tbpian Satyajeet @ 9921845845.
He got a set made for me and had it sent to Delhi.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

I got HSRP done from the dealer itself for my car. He charged me 1500 for that.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:26   #65
Team-BHP Support

HSRP's not made by Cisco are quite cool! I definitely need that in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
"Call 100", do I sense a change in your driving habits, no more steady 80~90 kmph!!
I'm still a 90 kmph cruiser. Although I might get to that speed from zero rather rapidly in my "new-old" Civic

Quote:
As for the tires please go back to your dealer and change the A drives for something better like the AVS dB 550 also from Yoko. With your kind of driving(sustained long drives even at 80 kmph) that is the tire to go for, I use the same on my Cedia. As for the size stick to stock size. That generally works out to be the best decision unless you are up sizing the wheel diameter too.
Can I see those Yokos on your Cedia? My requirements are -

- Minimum life of 40,000 kms
- Low tyre noise
- Excellent ride quality

I'm not quite sure what contributes to tyre noise - the tread pattern? The A-drives have deep grooves, fat rubber and a rather simple tread pattern. Although, every user might not pick up or hear the slightly intrusive tyre noise on the A-drive, I can make out the difference because I was using Michelins before. You can make out the difference only when the stereo is switched off - so the tyre noise is not all that bad on the A-drives.

The size I picked for the Civic is almost stock - it is just a wee bit wider than stock tyres.

Quote:
BTW can you be a little more elaborate regarding the model/make and source of that air comp. you have. I would like to contact the shop and maybe order one to be shipped out.
I don't think any brand name is written on the air pump, but let me check.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- Low tyre noise
- Excellent ride quality
You can see those same tyres on my Civic. I believe they would fulfill all the above mentioned criteria, in addition to being quite grippy.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hite-vm-t.html
Old 4th June 2010, 14:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HSRP's not made by Cisco are quite cool! I definitely need that in my car.

I'm still a 90 kmph cruiser. Although I might get to that speed from zero rather rapidly in my "new-old" Civic

- Low tyre noise
- Excellent ride quality

I'm not quite sure what contributes to tyre noise - the tread pattern? The A-drives have deep grooves, fat rubber and a rather simple tread pattern. Although, every user might not pick up or hear the slightly intrusive tyre noise on the A-drive, I can make out the difference because I was using Michelins before. You can make out the difference only when the stereo is switched off - so the tyre noise is not all that bad on the A-drives.

The size I picked for the Civic is almost stock - it is just a wee bit wider than stock tyres.

I don't think any brand name is written on the air pump, but let me check.
I am yet to snap any pics of my car, I will do so shortly. It is however a very comfortable and quiet tire to have. On a recent trip to Haridwar with 4 adults on board we encountered all sorts of driving surfaces and the tires kept the ride very supple and planted. As for the life, well I will have to revert back in sometime. I am attaching a brochure for you to make up for the snaps. The A drive is also a quiet tire but the AVS is more suitable to sustained long runs, unless the A drive in the size that you have is also V rated in which case it is par for the course.

EDIT link to the tire specific post from shuvc's thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1907274
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yokohama_dB_decibel_A500_V550.5579.pdf (730.2 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by khoj : 4th June 2010 at 15:02.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:12   #68
Team-BHP Support

Hmm. OK. Next time, I'll ask here before I jump the gun and go run to the tyre shop.

Meanwhile, I've just started having a minor issue with the Civic. Whenever I depress the clutch, I hear a creaking sound. I first heard this sound 2 days back, but sound was not there yesterday. But now again, I hear a creaking sound when the clutch is depressed. Does this warrant a visit to the dealer?

The car has already been serviced by the previous owner at 35,000 km, and I even have the bill with me.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. OK. Next time, I'll ask here before I jump the gun and go run to the tyre shop.

Meanwhile, I've just started having a minor issue with the Civic. Whenever I depress the clutch, I hear a creaking sound. I first heard this sound 2 days back, but sound was not there yesterday. But now again, I hear a creaking sound when the clutch is depressed. Does this warrant a visit to the dealer?

The car has already been serviced by the previous owner at 35,000 km, and I even have the bill with me.
Congrats on a great acquisition!!

Regarding the issue, I am no expert but just hazarding a guess coz my VTEC is also having the same issue. I think it's the clutch cable which has lost lubrication. I am still running the original though (2003), which apart from the creaking sound, is absolutely fine.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:51   #70
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Smartcat, great choice and neat car.

Quote:

A dog bite? I think the previous owner had a big bad Doberman in the passenger seat.

I thought dogs liked leather more than plastic, if that is right you should consider yourself lucky

Quote:

All I know is that the previous owner is a businessman - that logo on the number probably is his company's logo.

That is the logo of Classic Automobiles, you can find that logo on every car sold by CA. Drive Safe

OT : I stay very near to your house and just passed by your house and instantly knew it was your car.
Old 6th June 2010, 00:51   #71
Team-BHP Support

I just became a "Platinum Member" of the VTEC club - I hit 7000 RPM (in the 2nd gear) today on an empty stretch of road near my house!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Regarding the issue, I am no expert but just hazarding a guess coz my VTEC is also having the same issue. I think it's the clutch cable which has lost lubrication. I am still running the original though (2003), which apart from the creaking sound, is absolutely fine.
Your clutch is making a creaking sound and you are running it like that without problems since 2003?

Maybe its a Honda feature, not a bug!

Anyway, I can't stand "sounds" inside my car - so I'm off to a Honda dealership this Tuesday. I might as well get everything checked up - I will feel a lot better when I take the car on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
That is the logo of Classic Automobiles, you can find that logo on every car sold by CA. Drive Safe
Now that I know what that logo is, I have to get it rid of the number plate right away.

Quote:
OT : I stay very near to your house and just passed by your house and instantly knew it was your car.
What?!? Man, you should have just opened the gate, walked in, rang the bell and flashed your team-bhp username

anantu2001 is also somewhere in Nagarbavi - time to have a Nagarbavi team-bhp meet at the BDA complex?
Old 6th June 2010, 00:59   #72

Quote:

Transmission tunnel does not intrude into rear middle passenger space
Transmission Tunnel?? There is no Transmission Tunnel. The Car is a FWD!! I seriously hope you were kidding!!
Old 6th June 2010, 01:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just became a "Platinum Member" of the VTEC club - I hit 7000 RPM (in the 2nd gear) today on an empty stretch of road near my house!!
Eh ! Am yet to try this, but I thought 7K would be a nono since it's into the 'red' zone. There's no revv limiter?
Old 6th June 2010, 01:39   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Transmission Tunnel?? There is no Transmission Tunnel. The Car is a FWD!! I seriously hope you were kidding!!
What's that bump in a FWD car in the middle of the backseat called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Eh ! Am yet to try this, but I thought 7K would be a nono since it's into the 'red' zone. There's no revv limiter?
Civic redlines at 6800 RPM, but in the few micro seconds I had to take a look at the rev counter, I thought I saw the needle swing to 7000 RPM mark. Is the redline the cut off point (rev limiter) or does it swing past the red line too?

The speed was 93 kmph on a slight incline in the 2nd gear, before I shifted to the third gear.
Old 6th June 2010, 02:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

It's called The Bump!

You have a Honda Vtec under the hood, this engine is built to be revved otherwise it will protest and then strike under the "work per rules" agenda. Don't be bothered with rev limiters, I never did with my OHC's "hyper engine" and enjoyed it for 10 years. The guy who bought it 2 years back was made to promise that he will touch the other end of the tacho at least once a month. The insect went and installed a CNG kit. Sorry that is on a different tangent.

On a serious note I don't think the rev limiter even if it is there is going to bounce you off on the dot. In my OHC it would go to whatever the limit was and just not rev any further. Also your car's engine has been run in while shuvc is still running in his new engine. Just rev hard and enjoy the engine while we are still able to afford the fuel.

Last edited by khoj : 6th June 2010 at 02:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks