Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 17:10   #31
BHPian

I had once gone to Mysore from Bangalore in a friend's Civic and when we got down after 3.5 hours of journey (with detours), I felt like I had just got in and out. I felt that fresh. Had I done the same thing in my Alto, I would be bone tired with all those vibrations and rattling. And my friend took the car to 150 to show me how the engine sounds at that speed and boy! It was lovely!
Old 1st June 2010, 18:02   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
smartcat - this one was a surprise, you seemed to be going the diesel way for sure.
Will probably go the diesel way after 5 more years when I have more choice - VW, Toyota, perhaps Honda too, Ford (Focus?) etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Remember, the last time you wanted to borrow my signature. Here's something I cook up for you. I have CIVIC sense.
I think the following signature suits me the best -
"How am I driving? Call 100"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
But more than that, it makes the engine so much smoother. If you think your civic's engine is smooth right now, wait till you put some Mobil 1 in it. It is absolute butter.
OK bookmarked the thread- will check it out later. My Civic has just been serviced (by the previous owner) and the next service is after 5000 km. Will ask the authorized dealer to use Mobil 1 then. Will he do it or do I have to find an independent workshop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
I had once gone to Mysore from Bangalore in a friend's Civic and when we got down after 3.5 hours of journey (with detours), I felt like I had just got in and out.
Bangalore to Mysore took 3.5 hours, and detours?!? Must have been sometime ago when the road was under construction.

A few more pics:

Finally, I have a car that has lights on the wing mirrors, yay!. The power retractable mirrors close and open in an unnatural way though.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2566.jpg

Almost immediately after I took the delivery of the car, I drove to my favorite tyre shop and replaced all 4 tyres (the stock tyres had lost 3/4th of its tread) with 205/65 R15 Yokohama A-drives. Good enough, or should I have gone for 215 or a diffrent brand?

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2572.jpg

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2573.jpg

I quite like the design of stock alloys, but this will be replaced with multi-spoke black alloys after I get bored of this look.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2575.jpg

Optra LT (sorry for the multiple references to the Optra in this thread, but that's the only car I know really well) like full leather interiors - but the Civic has a much higher quality supple leather.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2583.jpg

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2582.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 1st June 2010 at 18:06.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Bangalore to Mysore took 3.5 hours, and detours?!? Must have been sometime ago when the road was under construction.
We were on a photography tour to Melkote and stopped quite a lot on the way to shoot.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:16   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your new car smartcat. Civic really is a very comfortable car to have.
Happy & safe driving!
Old 1st June 2010, 23:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Smart Cat. One excellent car you got there.

wish you all the best. take care and drive safe.
Gaurav
Old 1st June 2010, 23:48   #36
MX6
Senior - BHPian

by the way, what happened to the ribbon?
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost immediately after I took the delivery of the car, I drove to my favorite tyre shop and replaced all 4 tyres (the stock tyres had lost 3/4th of its tread) with 205/65 R15 Yokohama A-drives. Good enough, or should I have gone for 215 or a diffrent brand?
Yokos are good enough, not sure whether regulars prefer A-drives on civic though. What made you change only 4 tyres & not all 5? Hope spare old tyre is of same size as new Yokos.
Just imagine two different tyre treads (and brands) on same axle leading to somewhat different handling while doing spirited driving on corners. Don't tell me that you would be rotating only 4 tyres & keeping spare tyre as spare only.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Congrats on your new car smartcat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congratulations Smart Cat. One excellent car you got there.
Thanks brothers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
by the way, what happened to the ribbon?
It's in the dustbin right now - forgot to take the photo with the ribbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Don't tell me that you would be rotating only 4 tyres & keeping spare tyre as spare only.
Yeah, will be rotating only 4 tyres. The spare tyre (195/65 R15) has almost full thread - looks like the previous owner is just like me. Anyway, changing the tyre will be a rarity for me because I have the electric air pump - so even if there is a puncture, I can just put some air in the tubeless tyre and drive to the nearest tyre shop.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:34   #39
BHPian

Congrats Smartcat. Civic is indeed a great car. I did not know that you changed your decision from Tucson to Civic.

So I will be looking forward to a new thread of another 100000 kms on the Civic
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:15   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, changing the tyre will be a rarity for me because I have the electric air pump - so even if there is a puncture, I can just put some air in the tubeless tyre and drive to the nearest tyre shop.
Where did you buy the air pump and how much did it cost?
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:10   #41
BHPian

Smartcat, I am still waiting for the photo. U + Car ... ?

Want to see you both together....
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:13   #42
BHPian

Smart cat, thats a neatly maintained Civic. Congrats bro. Let your sagae of 1,00,000Kms continue with this vehicle too. By the way did you name this car yet?
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:43   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
So I will be looking forward to a new thread of another 100000 kms on the Civic
Honda engines are supposed to be bullet proof - so aiming for 200,000 kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Where did you buy the air pump and how much did it cost?
JC Road, Rs. 1200. If you get an option between a cheap one and an expensive one, go for the latter - it will last longer. Cheap ones will probably last for 1 - 2 yrs. The image is not very clear - but this is how my Chinese made air pump looks like -

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-p1260015.jpg

With this pump in your car, you will probably never have to change your car tyre (unless your tubeless tyre ruptures into pieces) ever again in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Smartcat, I am still waiting for the photo. U + Car ... ? Want to see you both together....
I do not want to scare away people from this thread

This pic will do?

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2577.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Smart cat, thats a neatly maintained Civic. Congrats bro. Let your sagae of 1,00,000Kms continue with this vehicle too. By the way did you name this car yet?
Naamakarana has not been done yet

It's been two days since I got the car and I have done 60 km so far. Spending 2 days inside the cabin, I have discovered that - a pre-owned car can never look like a new car. You will find some nicks & scratches if you look closely - and I have been looking quite closely at every inch of the car. This is what I found -

A dog bite? I think the previous owner had a big bad Doberman in the passenger seat.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2591.jpg

I think the same dog scratched the plastic at the back too.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2593.jpg

The previous owner had long nails - the "paint" (?) on the cool looking hand brake lever has been chipped.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2600.jpg

And finally, the markings on the key chain are fading. But do checkout my Rs. 700 (bought in Malaysia) Honda Formula 1 car silver finish keychain.

Yet Another Pre-Owned Honda Civic!-img_2599.jpg

But I guess at the end of the day, a 40% discount on the on-road price and a "freed up" engine makes the used car purchase worthwhile.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats smartcat. Optra to Civic, just like me.

How much you paid for the tyres?
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I do not want to scare away people from this thread This pic will do?

And finally, the markings on the key chain are fading. But do checkout my Rs. 700 (bought in Malaysia) Honda Formula 1 car silver finish keychain.
Come on SC, everyone has seen you on your 100-000-kms-indian-highways
thread, no one is going to get scared bring it on.

700 for a keychain thats but i guess loved one deserve this price

Most Viewed