Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 20:12   #16

Congrats for your ride jaykc.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:19   #17
BHPian

Congrats jaykc for the Figo. Ford has finally hit the sweet spot among the customers with the Figo.
Nice snaps and happy mile crunching.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Congrats on getting 'Figoed'.

We know how we all arrived at the decision considering alternatives like the unparalleled refinement of VW Polo.
  • I am getting 15kmpl in city too.
  • On highways I get 20kmpl
  • and though hard to believe, on one particular driving cycle I got 30kmpl! driving constantly on a straight road with AC @ 80kmph
Awesome! Even if i do get a normal FE average i'll be really satisfied with my Figo. Any particular manner of driving that yields these numbers?
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykc78 View Post
There is a button below the call receiving button, its called BT with the bluetooth symbol, try pressing that automatically it plays the music.
You have to press the source button till the display changes to BT, only then the music will play. Tried this and it is working like a charm!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:39   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Congrats on getting 'Figoed'.

We know how we all arrived at the decision considering alternatives like the unparalleled refinement of VW Polo.
  • I am getting 15kmpl in city too.
  • On highways I get 20kmpl
  • and though hard to believe, on one particular driving cycle I got 30kmpl! driving constantly on a straight road with AC @ 80kmph
The best mileage autocar has got from this engine is 38 km/ltr with out A/C.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:10   #21
BHPian

Well 30 kmpl sounds incredible. How did you measure it? I am not saying that it is impossible but i have a fiesta tdci and a figo tdci. Never seen anything above 23 that also in early mornings.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Does Figo come with different variants of the audio system ? On my car, the button below the call receive button is labelled "1" (Preset 1 / Prev Folder), and I couldn't locate any button labelled BT (Mine is same as the image below - reproduced from the Fird Figo Test Drive and Review thread).

On my car, Audio from the phone is selected by using the SRC button. The "BT Audio" option is available for selection only when the BT connection with your phone is active, and the Music player on my Nokia starts up as soon as this Source option is selected. I guess the automatic audio turn on and Track / Folder changes might work only if your phone supports the appropriate Bluetooth Profile. If not, you might need to start the music player on the phone manually (With the car audio acting only as the equivalent of a Bluetooth Headset)
Sorry on my part, you need switch on the BT and Search(by SRC button on the left) for the option CT Audio comes up.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Well 30 kmpl sounds incredible. How did you measure it? I am not saying that it is impossible but i have a fiesta tdci and a figo tdci. Never seen anything above 23 that also in early mornings.
Well 30 KMPL sounds great, will try to test that this weekend when I will take my RedFord to Ooty....
Old 7th June 2010, 16:47   #24
BHPian

30kmpl Secret

Quote:
Well 30 KMPL sounds great, will try to test that this weekend when I will take my RedFord to Ooty....
Well now we know even Autocar has got more than what I got.

here is the secret:
  • tankup
  • reset odo
  • imagine the accelerator pedals made out of feather
  • and you have few litres left in the tank
  • ensure a smooth road like GQ Standards (I was on NH6)
  • keep AC on
  • dont stop anywhere
  • keep speeds between 75-80kmph (thats the key to it)
  • keep driving like that for 100 kms in 4th and 5th gear (due to some inevitable overtaking).
  • Occupants should be one.
  • Change Gears in a manner you would feel the accelerator response present and engine not to be stressed.
  • Keeping speed constant is necessary and at 80kmph.
  • If this way of driving requires you to sparingly use the brake pedal, you are doing it the right way!
  • tank up
  • check odo
  • calculate!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Ooty trip with my car was an absolute fun. Car handling is awesome almost compared to the next segment. Got 19 KMPL fantastic. I feel I could have got more mileage if I had driven it a little slowly but I had more fun @140KM than cruising @80KM...I can say one thing this car is absolute fun to drive, never I felt I was driving a diesel car(performance wise)....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks