Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 20:20   #46
BHPian

Thanks M5 fan,Veels and Rhodes,Sharathnair,blackbeast,torquesteer.
@Torquesteer as far as the cruze looking better than the civic is concerned I still believe that had I not already been owning the civic then I would have bought it over the Cruze though this feeling might change with time as I have driven only 300 kilometers with this car yet.

@Blackbeast :-there are no rear ac vents in the Cruze but the front vents chill the cabin well so it is no problem.

@Sharathnair :-Good to know that the pictures were helpful for you.
There are no standard ORVMs on the 2010 Cruze and I had to pay approximately Rs7000 for them.
Even I hope they change the JK vectras in the new Cruzes from now on.
I paid Rs 14000 for the CPC2's as they were costing Rs30000 for 4 tyres and he took back my OEM JK VECTRAS for 16000Rs at 4000 per tyre.

Michellins were also costing more or less the same and just 2000Rs more in all but I had heard alot about CPC@'s and had never tried Conti's so decided to give it a shot and till now I am very satisfied; they actually make you feel as if your steering wheel has become 20kgs heavier.
Old 9th June 2010, 21:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
@Blackbeast :-there are no rear ac vents in the Cruze but the front vents chill the cabin well so it is no problem.
There are rear ac vents in the Cruze, just that they are hidden under the front seats.You will be able to see them if you look under the seat. My GM sales advisor pointed it out to me, when i visited them for the TD.

Quote:
@Sharathnair :-Good to know that the pictures were helpful for you.
There are no standard ORVMs on the 2010 Cruze and I had to pay approximately Rs7000 for them.
Even I hope they change the JK vectras in the new Cruzes from now on.
I paid Rs 14000 for the CPC2's as they were costing Rs30000 for 4 tyres and he took back my OEM JK VECTRAS for 16000Rs at 4000 per tyre.

Michellins were also costing more or less the same and just 2000Rs more in all but I had heard alot about CPC@'s and had never tried Conti's so decided to give it a shot and till now I am very satisfied; they actually make you feel as if your steering wheel has become 20kgs heavier.
Thanks for the info buddy...!!! I got mixed responses from many fellow bhpians and iam also confused now, whether to keep the OEMs or to go in for a trade in as soon as possible( to get the best price for the OEMs)..
Old 10th June 2010, 00:04   #48
BHPian

what a wonderful choice bro, its an ultimate vehicle.In this segment this is the best car one could get, an awesome american muscle ,may God give you miles and miles of happiness and joy with this car.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
There are rear ac vents in the Cruze, just that they are hidden under the front seats.You will be able to see them if you look under the seat. My GM sales advisor pointed it out to me, when i visited them for the TD.
I knew about those vents under the front seats but dont think that they can be classified as rear AC Vents.They only work and give air when you use your air conditioner in the "foot" mode and not in the regular face mode.
Such vents are available in other cars also along with proper rear AC vents.GM even provides such vents in the Captiva but no proper rear AC vents; but yeaah you can call them rear ac vents if you want.

Quote:

Thanks for the info buddy...!!! I got mixed responses from many fellow bhpians and iam also confused now, whether to keep the OEMs or to go in for a trade in as soon as possible( to get the best price for the OEMs)..
Brother according to me get the OEM JK Vectras changed as soon as possible.You will not find any problem with the Jk's in the beginning but once you change to different brand then you will notice a huge difference in the handling and steering feel.(Keep the same size as it voids suspension warranty otherwise)l

Last edited by np23 : 10th June 2010 at 01:09.
Old 10th June 2010, 06:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I knew about those vents under the front seats but dont think that they can be classified as rear AC Vents.They only work and give air when you use your air conditioner in the "foot" mode and not in the regular face mode.
Such vents are available in other cars also along with proper rear AC vents.GM even provides such vents in the Captiva but no proper rear AC vents; but yeaah you can call them rear ac vents if you want.
I thought they work when we put into "regular" mode also... should've checked it out properly that time itself!!!. Thanks for the clarification bro..

Quote:
Brother according to me get the OEM JK Vectras changed as soon as possible.You will not find any problem with the Jk's in the beginning but once you change to different brand then you will notice a huge difference in the handling and steering feel.(Keep the same size as it voids suspension warranty otherwise)l
Cool... will do that...Any idea How is Good Year and Bridgestone, do they have the same profile tires?.I been using Good Year for like many years... so there is an inclination towards it. Havn't thought about Conti at all...

How are the comfort levels?, has it improved after the change?.What is the tire pressure you maintaining?. And how is the Fuel Efficiency?
Old 10th June 2010, 10:04   #51
BHPian

I am not sure about the goodyears or the potenzas.The potenzas were the OEMs in my civic but they lasted only about 28000 kilometers.
The person at BK tyres also said that these 2 will have more road noise though I am not sure about it.
Contis are very good according to my little experience with them , it has changed the handling dynamics totally and the comfort levels are very good.

I cannot comment about the fuel effeciency as I am yet to tankful it again. But till now it seems to be very poor.
The trip computer is showing 8 and the car has run 300 kms and only a little more than 1/4th is left and all this driving has been in non traffic hours.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:20   #52
BHPian

That is a very nice write up about your new car.
Just a request, why dont you put up your car's night dash illuminated photo compared to the Civic which you have
Old 10th June 2010, 18:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Thank you very much Pradeep2612.
I know the oomph factor you get with the manual version is out of this world but brother even the automatic is right up there and the best part is the absence of turbo lag or very minimal lag which is such a relief considering the traffic conditions in our major cities like Delhi ,Bangalore and Mumbai.etc

Just tell me one thing please;I know its a little stupid question to ask:-
The test drive cars and the cars of very first few batches appear to have poorer interior plastic quality as compared to the newer cruzes.
Is it true or am I just presuming this as I was very disappointed by the interior quality of the earlier cruzes and maybe mine is new now thats why...

@np23: Congrats on the cruze!! A couple of friends and me drove it back in Feb/March and the only put offs for us were the interior quality which to me looked cheaper than some of the hatchbacks. Another thing that we noticed was the lack of torque below 2500rpm. The car was an absolute delight between 2500 rpm and 5000 rpm. However, and this is just me and my only complain against diesels, it doesn't rev higher than 5k (again I know thats the normal diesel behavior. Thats why i love turbo petrols). I secretly like the lag because you know that the car is going to go mental in a few seconds once the turbo kicks in but the grudge against the low redline is that you have to shift just when you were starting to get the thrust.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:36   #54
BHPian

The FE of 8 is very less if it came from all highway runs…
The Ground Clearance of the Cruze is lower than Civic. Did you scrap the bottom of the car anytime? I agree that you haven’t done lot of miles on it either… but anything you have experienced till now??
Old 11th June 2010, 12:48   #55
BHPian

congrats np23 and welcome to the club :-) Cruze is definately a stunner and has oodles of torque to cover great distances with mile crunching ability. On highways this car transforms into a different beast all together. Just imagine what a petes box and green cotton filter will do to this beast!
During the run in period do not exceed 2K rpm. Also its good that you got the tyre upgrade as the steering on stock wheels is pretty light. I am myself contemplating 17 inchers with bmw like alloys. I find stock alloys too boring for such a stylish looking car. Lets catch up some day buddy!!!
Old 12th June 2010, 01:17   #56
BHPian

@Tejash Thanks
@Sharathnair:-I agree hat FE of 8 is less but I never said it was on highway I just said during non traffic hours,I will get it tankfulled on Sunday as I dont fill in fuel on Saturdays and tuesdays and then I will tell you the tank to tank average .
The ground clearance is lower than the Civic on paper buddy but the suspension setup is way too good and I have not scraped its belly till now.It does not make you feel that the rear suspension is not independent.

@Asheesh:-Thanks brother.I agree that Cruze is a stunner.As far as the highway part goes I wont be taking my cruze on the highway ever as I have my current gen Accord for it but I will frequently visit the Greater noida expressway and the Gurgaon freeway.
I try and keep the revs low but it is very tough and I have touched high revs on a few occasions especially when driving at night when the same Delhi roads which appear to be a nightmare during the day appear to have transformed into wide expressways.
I am not interested in the petebox or in a tyre upgrade as I dont want to void my warranty and I find the power available more than enough.
You have an auto or a manual?
Though I havent driven it much since I bought it and have mostly been flying since then.I was in Kashmir for 5 days and then Calcutta for 2 days and have just landed at Delhi back and yeah man I would love to catch up with you.
Now I will regularly post at this forum as I am back in town.

Last edited by np23 : 12th June 2010 at 01:31.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:04   #57
BHPian

Friends

I got my 2nd tankful yesterday and its average is 7.3 KMPL
For 378 kilometers of driving in light Delhi traffic with most of it being with a light foot and I revved it only twice it consumed 51.7 L of Diesel.
The Trip computer was showing it as 8.0 KMPL.
How much will this increase after the 1st service and what will be the difference on highway runs?
Old 14th June 2010, 11:21   #58
BHPian

pretty impressive Car np23, enjoy your ride.

Your parents rock dude, giving in to your temptations. God Bless.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

congratulations np3 on the cruze! I saw your car in Atta Market couple of time some weeks back, with the red ribbon still intact. .. looks very hot.. Take her to the highways often to unleash its prowess!

7.3 kmpl is too less for a diesel heart. May be, after the run-in, it may improve. My civic gives not less than 12 kmpl, and its a petrol.. so, worth investigating the reason for its low mileage.

Happy revving!
Old 14th June 2010, 12:53   #60
BHPian

IIRC my car started upwards of 9 kmpl and then eventually settled at 11 kmpl after 400-500 kms of driving. Mine is a mix of 60% city and 40% highway driving and right now the fuel avg display constantly shows 11.3 kmpl and i've covered 1250 kms till now. I'm sure your FE will improve after 1st service.
Things which i really miss with this car is USB port and one touch rolling up of the window glasses. Oh and my sunglasses holder's spring has gone kaput...speaks about the build quality!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed