Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:06   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i understand exactly what you mean. personally i love tinted glasses. but you do get films so light you wont be able to notice them and they will reduce the heat quite a lot. then again they cost a packet.

Sir when we can spend so much on a car ,spending a little more wont hurt us but I guess its more about taste than cost.
My aunt's captiva has very light films (they got it done from the showroom itself) and are of silverish colour;they look just about fine to me so if I have to then I guess I will go in for those
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:10   #107
BHPian

White Cruze was delivered today... We postponed the puttinf od sun film for the time being. We got Mud flaps (got discount) for 1K, Floor mats (PVC) for 700 and Body cover for 1600. We didn't put anything extra.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-cruze-001-small.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2010, 09:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
White Cruze was delivered today... We postponed the puttinf od sun film for the time being. We got Mud flaps (got discount) for 1K, Floor mats (PVC) for 700 and Body cover for 1600. We didn't put anything extra.
congratulations buddy
Happy cruzing,this car surely is a beast and in white it looks simply amazing.
Your's is an automatic or a manual?
Old 5th July 2010, 10:31   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

@Congrats Sharath.

I am surprised they are even charging you for basic stuff like mud flaps and mats

Can you please outline if any freebies and discounts were offered and what was final OTR price?

Look forward to you starting your own thread and documenting your ownership experience and posting of pictures there.

Drive safe !
Old 5th July 2010, 11:36   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Congrats Sharath.

I am surprised they are even charging you for basic stuff like mud flaps and mats

Can you please outline if any freebies and discounts were offered and what was final OTR price?

Look forward to you starting your own thread and documenting your ownership experience and posting of pictures there.

Drive safe !
Sir Chevy is not giving any freebies or dsiscounts whatsoever and we have to pay for basic stuff also;
I guess knowing Chevrolet India ;if the cruze after a couple of years stops selling well then they will directly give discounts like they do in the optra presently.Till then no freebies I guess....
Old 5th July 2010, 13:04   #111
BHPian

congrats sharathnair, the car looks really good. Looking forward to an ownership report from your side. Your previous car Getz was crdi or petrol? If crdi then do give us the performance/refinement comparison as well between the two diesels.
Old 5th July 2010, 13:07   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Sir when we can spend so much on a car ,spending a little more wont hurt us but I guess its more about taste than cost.
My aunt's captiva has very light films (they got it done from the showroom itself) and are of silverish colour;they look just about fine to me so if I have to then I guess I will go in for those
haha but sunfilms can go upto 40k.

btw i too might have a cruze a/t joining my garage sometime at the end of the year. looking at the options around that price bracket.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:47   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir Chevy is not giving any freebies or dsiscounts whatsoever and we have to pay for basic stuff also;
I guess knowing Chevrolet India ;if the cruze after a couple of years stops selling well then they will directly give discounts like they do in the optra presently.Till then no freebies I guess....
My negotiation yielded the following freebies/discount for a Cruze :-

1. Rs.15,000 off on ex-showroom price. On ex-showroom it makes a little more difference than OTR price as everything subsequently reduces.

2. Mud Flaps, Carpets, Boot Mat

3. Body Cover

4. Teflon Coating

5. Rs.24,000 for Insurance which is rock bottom price for a Cruze

Is that any good?

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th July 2010 at 16:48.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:49   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
haha but sunfilms can go upto 40k.

btw i too might have a cruze a/t joining my garage sometime at the end of the year. looking at the options around that price bracket.
I think by then even the Kizashi will be out!! and you will have more options then
Old 5th July 2010, 16:53   #115
BHPian

Quote:
My negotiation yielded the following freebies/discount for a Cruze :-

1. Rs.15,000 off on ex-showroom price. On ex-showroom it makes a little more difference than OTR price as everything subsequently reduces.

2. Mud Flaps, Carpets, Boot Mat

3. Body Cover

4. Teflon Coating

5. Rs.24,000 for Insurance which is rock bottom price for a Cruze

Is that any good?
That is indeed very good sir !!!
I did not negotiate much with them nor did I have time to do so ,I gave them the whole money in the morning and took the car in the evening (is this not too fast friends?") haha
Anyways Happy Cruzing to all members and people on this thread
Old 5th July 2010, 17:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is indeed very good sir !!!
I did not negotiate much with them nor did I have time to do so ,I gave them the whole money in the morning and took the car in the evening (is this not too fast friends?") haha
Anyways Happy Cruzing to all members and people on this thread
Thanks NP. I am in the process of finalizing the deal and hopefully my monster should come home by end-July
Old 7th July 2010, 09:59   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NP. I am in the process of finalizing the deal and hopefully my monster should come home by end-July
Get it home as soon as possible;and have you booked your cruze yet or not because I think the automatic has about a 1 month waiting as well
So book it fast
Get it home fast
But dont drive it very fast!!!Drive sensibly
Cheers
Old 7th July 2010, 10:17   #118
BHPian

.Friends I have been using Continental CPC2's for over a month now but can you please tell me what pressure to maintain for the best ride quality and handling ?,as for now I have set 32psi as that was recommended for the vectras and I have not changed the tyre size
Old 10th July 2010, 02:32   #119
BHPian

@MObilke008
I have been trying to reply to your PM since 3 days but due to some network problem ,my replying is not being sent so I am posting it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Hi NP,

I booked my Cruze this morning. Btw, my car would be first LT model on TBHP.

I chose the basic model due to my un-affordability as my budget for a new car was maximum 11 lakhs but, i stretched to 13.5 Lakhs for Cruze LT ( Olympic White). I fell in love with the car after the test drive and just couldnt consider any other car and been struggling with a decision since past 2 months, so this morning took the plunge

I am pulling some strings to get the delivery by end of this month.

Need some advice from you. Can you please answer my queries below in detail so i can be well informed of these matters before hand? Sorry,they are quite a few questions

1. Is there a run-in for Cruze? If yes, how long should i drive at what speeds/rpms?

2. When is the 1st service? Does the 1st service require oil change?

3. What is the interval for oil changes?

4. Is there any specific thing to remember when taking delivery of car?

5. I am planning to immediately change the tyre to a better one. Please suggest a good brand and size? I am interested to increase the dia of the tyre but, retain the same 16" alloys. So will 225/50/R16 be a good upsize?

6. How are the Contis that your using? Are they better than JK Vectra's?

7. Please share the exchange price and price paid for contis.

Any other feedback/advice you wish to outline, would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Avinash
Dear Avinash
Cpngratulations and I assure you that you have bought yourself a beast and I waiting to see a review of the LT model.
@13.5 Lakhs LT is pretty high as well,till 1month back when the road tax in delhi was not hiked,till then the LTZ manual was available in Delhi for 13.8 Lakhs.

1.The recommended run in is 1month or 1000km i.e. till the first service.
2.1st service is at 1 month or 1000km whichever is earlier.There is no oil change in the 1st service.
3.I am not sure about the oil change interval ,I will check in the manual and get back to you.
4.As the LT model sells less;just ensure that you get a new piece which is manufactured in June or July.
( I took delivery on the 31st of May and my car was manufactured in May only).
Rest all the regular stuff,check for any uneven paint job and all .Download the Tbhp checklist.

5.According to me go for either Michellin or Continentals.
225 50 R16 will be a good upgrade but yolur suspension and alignment warranty will be void even if you retain the same alloy (I confirmed this with the service manager )205 60 R16 is also a pretty good size and I suggest you change the brand and shift to better quality rubber.
6.COntis are great and way ahead of the Vectras.With the Vectras you will not find any problem initially but I have heard after 5000km there is a significant increase in the road noise.
I remember with the vectras on my car ,my steering used to feel pretty light at high speeds also but Contis have changed that quite a bit.
7.I changed 4 wheels but still use the JK vectra as my spare wheel.Each CPC2 of 205 60 R16 was costing me Rs 7500,so 4 tyres Rs 30,000/-
He took my vectras for Rs16000 at Rs 4000per tyre and so I paid Rs 14000 in all.

Feel free to contact me again Sir
Cheers and congrats
Old 10th July 2010, 09:17   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks NP, i posted the same queries to all Cruze owners and had got similar response from all.

There is no stock of any cars hence there is no need to worry that it would be an old model as in HYD i have seen many LT's on road and also confirmed from dealer that the ration is 1 or 2:5 so LT's are selling as well

I am now almost confirmed that I will stick to same tyre configuration and just change them to CPC2's

I am super excited and just counting the days for its delivery which will be somewhere in early 4th week of this month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks