Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Civic AT is a wonderful car to own. I think you got a good deal there with lots of freebies. The only thing you need is a good sun film, if it's not already there. I got parking sensors with rear view mirror attachment and 3M RE35 sun films as freebies in addition to mats and other little ones. Did you take insurance form outside? That may save you a tidy sum.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:24   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Congratulations Doc! Looks lovely in silver. And looks like you've got a good deal too. Sold off the Accent?

Drifter
Glad to see you active. Yes, did sell off the Accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Congratulations Sir - so have you given away your Santro A/T?
Please see my signature, you will have the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Congrats! Civic AT is a wonderful car to own. I think you got a good deal there with lots of freebies. The only thing you need is a good sun film, if it's not already there. I got parking sensors with rear view mirror attachment and 3M RE35 sun films as freebies in addition to mats and other little ones. Did you take insurance form outside? That may save you a tidy sum.
I hate sun film. Insurance was through Honda - otherwise it will not be cashless. The premium was correct: 2.5% (less NCB) for Comp and about 900 for Act +Taxes on the total.

Last edited by sgiitk : 3rd June 2010 at 10:28.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:43   #18
BHPian

Many congratulations on your purchase.
Old 5th June 2010, 23:31   #19
BANNED

Update: True Indian mindset shows up

Yesterday I went in for the plates and collect the RTO receipt. The RC may take about a fortnight - after all Kanpur RTO is now computerized!

The plates and papers were all ready. The joker assigned to fix the plates never bothered to remove the paper number I had stuck on with cello-tape. Just bolted on the plates on top. After a dust-storm in the evening I found some tape like marks. When I removed the rear plate did I find that he had not removed the paper sheet, or the tape. Also, slightly damaged threads in one bolt (probably tried to fix it with the thread askew). Asked for baksheesh as well.

This all boils down to 'Chalta Hai' and no pride of profession.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:01   #20
BANNED

Update:
Replaced plates with HSRP types on Monday. Ordered to Utsav on Friday and they arrived on Monday pre-lunch, complete with four snap-off bolts. I have to say HSRP type since UP is still to notify on these.

Got a call from Pushp Honda today that the alloy has come. The illuminated sills are asrtill to come. Will get them both at the same time.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! What tires are they putting on Civics now?
Old 10th June 2010, 02:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats! What tires are they putting on Civics now?
Either of these 3 I believe:
Bridgestone B250
Michelin Energy MXV8
Goodyear Eagle NCT5
Old 10th June 2010, 03:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for the Civic. Very good choice indeed, the car looks great. Personally I prefer the Civic over the Altis (mainly due to the looks), but I would like your perspective on the choice (maybe you have it in a different thread, if that's the case, I'll search for it).

Also, would like your feedback about the ground clearance. On paper it is only 6mm less than that of the Altis (170mm and 176mm respectively) but I have heard owners complaining about it. Does the Civic have a drivetrain protection sheet underneath?
Old 10th June 2010, 09:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prof,
Many Congratulations on your brand new Honda Civic
wish you many many miles filled with safe driving, commuting and fun.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:30   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Either of these 3 I believe:
Bridgestone B250
Michelin Energy MXV8
Goodyear Eagle NCT5
@MPower: mine came with the Michelin tyres.

Remember the tyres must be V rated, since the top speed exceeds 113mph!
Old 10th June 2010, 10:58   #26
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I picked up my Honda Civic V AT (BS4)
Belated congratulations and best wishes, sgiitk, on the acquisition of Honda Civic V AT.

BTW, I saw three layers of mat in the driver's foot-well, one them partly obscuring the accelerator pedal in this picture. I think, this would have been properly adjusted by this time.

Old 10th June 2010, 11:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Glad to see you active. Yes, did sell off the Accent.

Please see my signature, you will have the answer.

I hate sun film. Insurance was through Honda - otherwise it will not be cashless. The premium was correct: 2.5% (less NCB) for Comp and about 900 for Act +Taxes on the total.
Light shaded sun films enhance looks and is very beneficial in hot weather. It also helps to preserve the appearance of seat leather and dashboard plastics.

That cashless thingie is a ploy by dealers. They get a tidy sum of commission if you take insurance from them. In my case they offered insurance at 42K and I took from outside with same terms and conditions for 24K. Most insurance companies in India provides cashless facility. I have claimed cashless facility many times for my earlier cars with insurance from outside.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:46   #28
BANNED

@J.Ravi: The problem was a polythene sheet between the carpet and the mat. It was sliding all over. Removed the sheet. Things are fine.

@vasoo: I do not like sun film.
As for the premium I know the rates, and the quote was correct. HondaCare is with Honda and is reinsured with Royal Sundaram (could be one of the four or five). You can calculate the premium. It is 2.5% of the value (less NCB) + about 900 for Act. Add Service Tax. Take a Rs.5,000 exclusion and you get about Rs.1500 off.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Belated wishes on the new car sir ! Welcome to the Civic club. You got yourself a great deal by getting the 5th alloy FOC.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Belated wishes on the new car sir ! Welcome to the Civic club. You got yourself a great deal by getting the 5th alloy FOC.
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. I'm surprised the 5th alloy is not standard. It used to be when I bought mine in 2006.

Most Viewed