Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:56   #1
BHPian

My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics

Hi,

PREFACE
I am a new member and have been browsing through T-BHP for about 5 months now, to look for a new car in India. I have returned back to India this Saturday, after a few years in US and Singapore. I have never owned a car in India before this. During my trips to India I either borrowed my brother's Scorpio 2.6 crde or rent a Swift.

About 3 months ago I changed my job and was offered by a competitor to start a software centre in India. I was thrilled at the thought of returning back to India. I did a small trip to India in early April and really missed having my car. So i decided that within 2-3 days of my return to India I will buy a car. Team bhp really helped in me increasing my knowledge of Indian cars, I really want to thank you for all for making T-bhp such a quality forum.

MY REQUIREMENTS
I am personally a very SUV type guy, always ready to go on less traveled roads every alternate weekend. My wife on the other hand loves sedans. We need 2 cars, decided to buy a sedan immediately and decided to wait for buying a SUV. The max I wanted to afford for my first car was about 12 lacs and go for a SUV in 20L range in next 6 months. I was closely following smart cat's thread for sedan's under 12 lacs. After looking at his thread the cars on my list were. Highest priority first.
1. Chevrolet Optra
2. Mitsubishi Cedia
3. ANHC
4. Tata Manza
5. SX-4
6. Hyundai verna
7. Scorpio 4 X 4 ( i know its not a sedan, but I just love driving this car.)

I reached India on Sunday late night and was out to look at cars on Monday morning. Here is what I went through in Faridabad. I visited Chevrolet, Tata, Honda, Maruti, Hyundai and Mahindra showrooms respectively from 11:30 am till 4 pm.

Chevrolet Experience
I was very serious about Optra, as it was a 2.0 ltr engine and it looked feature packed. Topped smartcat’s thread.
I went to the Chevrolet showroom on Mathura road in Faridabad. The experience was very disappointing. The sales guys didn't look interested in talking to us. After about 10 mins we could get hold of a sales guy "Mr Mishra". He told me that he doesnt have 2.0 Optra with him inside the showroom, but has a 1.6 optra standing outside and everything is very similar except for the engine. ( I definitely knew there was a great difference between the cars). Anyways here is the car that he showed me.
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-optra.jpg

The car was kept outside the showroom, they had 2 cars of Beat, Cruze and Aveo kept inside but not even one Optra. I asked him why hasn’t he kept the car inside? And his reply was very simple “Sirji, bikti nahin hai naa” (It doesn’t sell much that’s why). He seemed to be more senior amongst the sales guys. I came out with him to look at the car, there was so much dust on the car, I didn’t even want to touch it. I asked him to get it cleaned and get the AC inside the car started for a couple of minutes, so that we can sit inside and take a look at the car. He agreed, however, even after 15 minutes waiting, the car was not cleaned. (I had my father-in-law and my uncle with me. We didn’t have all day to sit there, we wanted to visit more showrooms after that). So after about 15 minutes I again went to search for Mr Mishra and asked him about the Car. I told him to show me the car as it is, dirty from outside and inside, without AC. Fortunately he found the key in the mean time and started the AC when we got in.
As soon as I sat inside the car I realized that this wasn’t their top model, and top model must be much better with steering mounted controls etc. I asked him if there is a car I could look at / TD in next couple of days. His reply was “ Sir ek do din mein batata hoon” (I will tell you in a couple of days, if I can get you a TD or not). He quoted us discounts of about 65K on that car, when asked by us. I told him that my friends in Mumbai are telling me about more discounts on the same car. He said that he will call me and tell me about more discounts and TD by evening. (He hasn’t called even after 4 days now)
This was definitely one of the worst showroom visit experience I have had. That was enough for me to get convinced that I do not want to buy a Chevrolet, even if they have a great car.
TATA
I wanted to look at the Manza and also get a feel of the safari. (I have future interests in SUV segment). The dealer’s experience was good, the sales representative did explain all the features of the car very nicely, gave us the pricing, noted our address / phone numbers etc. I infact liked the Manza. For its price it is a very good offering. The sales guy also compared the Manza with Swift Dzire feature by feature. I was really impressed with its boot size and legroom in the car. It was definitely very comfortable. The sales guy also offered us freebee’s like seat covers, gear lock, pillows, car cover etc. I am not a very good judge of interior plastic quality, however my father in law did point at the poor quality of plastics used inside. (having a good sales rep, made it look like a real good car)
The sales rep was more than happy to show us the Safari. He didn’t have the 4X4 though. Offered us water a couple of times as the showroom aircon wasn’t working that day. I took my own sweet time to feel the car. Man this is quite a car, even though it remains unchanged for almost a decade, it still is a monster on the road. The sheer size, comfort of driving is just amazing. As I started falling in love with this car, father in law reminded me that my wife wouldn’t be able to drive this, so lets stop wasting time and get to the next showroom. I looked at the car one last time and said in my heart “Someday”.
HONDA
Visited Classic Honda at about 2:30 pm and were attended by Mr. Vijayender. Were offered water and cold drinks. City was highest on my wife’s list and yes it was worth it. Just the feel of sitting inside the car was great. I found it very spacious, with neat interiors, good features. (lack of a CD player and Bluetooth for phone was disappointing though.) I found the seats very comfortable.
We took a test drive and liked the smoothness of the car. It also had good pickup. For me buying is car is a lot about how I feel when I sit inside the car and drive. This one felt great, much better than others. This was the first car in the day I wanted to buy immediately. I asked for discounts and the sales representative didn’t offer me much except for standard freebee’s.
MARUTI SUZUKI
Maruti showroom was right next to Honda’s. We walked to the showroom and looked at the SX-4. While the sales guys were busy entertaining other customers I sat inside the car and looked at the features, driving posture, rear seat comfort, boot etc. Believe me it took me just 2 minutes to get out of the showroom as I didn’t like the car after sitting inside a Honda City. Didn’t bother to ask pricing / discounts on the car.
“The Honda City effect I guess”
HYUNDAI
Although Hyundai Verna was low on my list, my uncle has great respect for the car. In fact I also liked the car. With a diesel engine, decent interiors, decent space, decent A.S.S it looked a great package overall. We were also offered a discount of about 25 K as my uncle knew a senior ex-employee of the showroom. The only problem was color. The showroom only had white color in stock, and we were told that its about a month’s waiting for any other color. Month’s wait was unacceptable to me, who wanted a car in hand in next 1-2 days.
MAHINDRA
Finally we went to Mahindra to look at my favorite car Scorpio. I have always loved to drive my brother’s Scorpio. I asked the sales rep, if there is a 4X4 version in the showroom. He replies “Sir Scorpio mein 4X4 nahin aata hai”. I smiled at him and told him politely that, one of my friend owns it and I know it comes with AT and MT both. He still wasn’t convinced and went inside to ask his boss if a 4X4 variant is available in Scorpio. He returned with a smile and agreed. We took a test drive of Scorpio Vlx. It felts a very solid car, it tried taking it to 120 and took a sudden turn on Mathura road, it didn’t roll as much as my brother’s old Scorpio. The car has definitely improved. I enquired about the delivery period which they say was between 6-8 weeks for 4X4.
I can’t wait that long for now. I guess I’ll consider Scorpio, Safari along with Fortuner, Yeti and outlander when I hunt for a SUV in a few month’s time.
It was already late in the evening by now and even though I wanted to TD Mitsubishi Cedia, I decided to skip the car. I really liked the City, and it was readily available, no waiting.
Late in the evening, I started searching for classic Honda Faridabad on team bhp and realized that zoom_vroom had bought a Honda city recently from the same showroom. I send a pm to him and received a quick reply. He also talked to his sales rep from the same showroom Mr. Prashant Malik.
Here is a link to zoom_vroom’s post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...city-v-mt.html
Prashant gave me a call on the same day and offered me discounts on accessories. I even talked on phone to zoom_vroom to get his opinion and things that I should look for while purchasing the car.
Many thanks to zoom_vroom for all this help. How about meeting next weekend and I treat you.
Tuesday 01- June
I got my parents to the showroom along with the cash at about 5 pm (Dad was busy before that). Now Mr Prashant was looking at our case. After about 1 hours negotiations he offered me a decent discount, free gearlock and we paid for the car in cash. The car I got was on display in the showroom. They told me that they will deliver the car at 1 pm the next day. My brother (a senior officer in Haryana police) will help me get a VIP number and get the vehicle registered in Sonipat. [FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT]
Wednesday 02-June
At about 11 am I went to the showroom and asked them to add sun films to the car. The delivery got pushed to 4 pm, as the parking sensors were also not installed on time.
Finally my wife, father in law, brother in law, my uncle and me reached the showroom at about 4 pm. The car was still not ready. At 4:30 pm they parked the car at the delivery area. We saw issues with the fitting of the bumper on the left hand side and asked them to get it rectified. The mechanic who came to take a look tried to convince us that “its common on cars” however we pointed him to four more Honda city’s standing in the showroom and none had this problem. He took the car back to the repair area and after 10 minutes returned without really repairing the issues and asking “Does it look okay now?”. This time my father in law got angry. The delivery was already late by one hour specially when they had just 2 cars for delivery yesterday and they were not even ready to rectify their mistake.
After this the mechanic took the car back to the service area, go it repaired and got the car again in about 15 minutes. Another employee wiped the car clean, it was a little dirty. Clicked a few pictures. Went straight to the temple and then came back home. I am not happy with the cleaning inside and outside the car, there are dirty spots on the armrest, on the doors etc. However I am still very happy with Mr Prashant Malik who was the sales rep. I guess I should try making friends with the service manager also. Here are the pics.

My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-first-photo.jpg
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-group_photo.jpg
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-keys_delivery.jpg
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-temple.jpg
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-the_beauty.jpg
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-interiors.jpg
It feels smooth to drive this car. I have just driven it for about 15 kms yesterday. I will post a driving experience in about 1 week’s time.
I hope you enjoyed reading the post above. For knowing more about discounts pls PM me.
I want your inputs in knowing about a good place where I can get Seat- Covers and security system installed on my car in Delhi. Please give your recommendations or point me to the right threads.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats akaush,

Nice car and Color.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, Optras are hardly selling 150 per month nowadays. Did you test drive the Cedia?

And no closeup of the Honda alloys? I like the simple 5 spoke design - looks very elegant.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

^^ I was about ask the same question.It (Cedia) figured in his short-list as 2nd. But, no mention about any TD. Could be, as he has put it, the "Honda-effect"? Just kidding mate. The color is good. Congratulations and Safe Driving.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 3rd June 2010 at 13:34.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:37   #5
BHPian

It was pleasure talking to you yaar.
I am glad i could help you with my experience.
Congrats mans and enjoy your ride.
Lets plan to meet sometime.

Last edited by zoom_vroom : 3rd June 2010 at 13:38.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:44   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for the ANHC. They still sell a lot

Which version you bought and what was final OTR price? Freebies list please?
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:53   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

@mobike - going by the pics, I believe he got the V M/T variant.

The car looks really good. Congratulations and do keep this thread updated.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:22   #8
BHPian

Buddy,

Welcome home and congratulations on your new ANHC, welcome to the club,

Drive safe and have fun.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:09   #9
BHPian

Feel Cheated Now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats akaush,

Nice car and Color.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks Karthik,
Delhi traffic is scaring me already ! I will drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Yeah, Optras are hardly selling 150 per month nowadays. Did you test drive the Cedia?

And no closeup of the Honda alloys? I like the simple 5 spoke design - looks very elegant.
No i didn't get to test drive Cedia, our major concern was not enough service center's around. Plus the showroom was too far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ I was about ask the same question.It (Cedia) figured in his short-list as 2nd. But, no mention about any TD. Could be, as he has put it, the "Honda-effect"? Just kidding mate. The color is good. Congratulations and Safe Driving.
No Its not the honda effect, its mainly because.
1. We were concerned about a far away service station.
2. The showroom was in Delhi not faridabad.
3. We were in fact too tired after visiting all these showrooms and we kind of really liked honda city. I personally wanted to visit mitsubishi, as i also wanted to see the outlander. However my father-in-law and uncle didnt want to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
It was pleasure talking to you yaar.
I am glad i could help you with my experience.
Congrats mans and enjoy your ride.
Lets plan to meet sometime.
Alright, My good experience turned bad today. I was shown the following sun-film from V-Cool while giving me a demo of the effect. I was promised V-Cool 40 on the sides and V-Cool 70 on the front.

My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-vcool_demo.jpg

I was told that this is the best they can give, the accessory manager Darshan told me a price of 12K for the sun-film, which is what i think they also charged you. Immediately Prashant told him that I am your friend and Darshan reduced the price to 9K. I was happy, I got a deal in accessory.
Read my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1918013

However, today when i went to an aftermarket dealer in delhi, he told me this a mahindra nano sun film and he will put this at 3.5 K.
My New RED ANHC ! - With Pics-mahindra-nano-film-sticker-back-my-car.jpg
He told me V-Cool comes with company warranty and only V-cool guys are allowed to install it. I was late in returning from Delhi. I intend to go back to the showroom and demand for a V-Cool sun film. If they don't do it, I will file a complaint with the Police. I hate cheats.
Till now Prashant has been very good in dealing with me. I would really like to see what he does for me tomorrow.

Could you please tell me if you got a warranty certificate from V Cool? or do you also have something similar. Did you really pay 12000 for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats for the ANHC. They still sell a lot

Which version you bought and what was final OTR price? Freebies list please?
Man now i really feel cheated. not just Sun-films, I realized if i would have taken this car from Ring-Road Honda they would have offered me at least 10 K more in discounts and more free bee's.
I got V MT.

here is the offer i got
ex - showroom - 910531
Insurance - 25487
Registration - 3500 (for temp)
Paint protection - 7170
reverse sensor - 4500
Total 951188
I paid 931188 after negotiations. The free bees were
1. Gear Lock
2. Pillows
3. Car cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@mobike - going by the pics, I believe he got the V M/T variant.

The car looks really good. Congratulations and do keep this thread updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Buddy,

Welcome home and congratulations on your new ANHC, welcome to the club,

Drive safe and have fun.
Thanks Raghu !

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2020 at 13:35. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:19   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaush View Post

here is the offer i got
ex - showroom - 910531
Insurance - 25487
Registration - 3500 (for temp)
Paint protection - 7170
reverse sensor - 4500
Total 951188
I paid 931188 after negotiations. The free bees were
1. Gear Lock
2. Pillows
3. Car cover.

Thanks Raghu !
Congrats on the car, it looks great, in Bangalore it's costing 10.02 OTR price and no freebies , does anyone know of any honda dealer in Bangalore giving any deals?
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car akaush! looks good in red. Please post you drive experience and also a lot more photos!!

Now to your most recent post, let me get this right. You were promised V-Kool sun film by the dealer for 9k and instead they put Huper Optik??

If this is the case, and if its original Huper Optik, then its a very good film at par with V-Kool.
And i doubt if the after market accessory shop guy can give it to you for 3500 since I got a quote of 7k for the front windscreen and the starting range for the sides was from 4k for my Spark here in B'lore.

There are other members who have Huper Optik on their cars and you can also have a look in the accessory section for review on this sun film.
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Reverse Sensor for 4,500 that too from the dealership? Honda sells it for 20k, can you confirm which Reverse Sensors are you having?
Old 4th June 2010, 00:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaush View Post
However, today when i went to an aftermarket dealer in delhi, he told me this a mahindra nano sun film and he will put this at 3.5 K.

He told me V-Cool comes with company warranty and only V-cool guys are allowed to install it. I was late in returning from Delhi. I intend to go back to the showroom and demand for a V-Cool sun film. If they don't do it, I will file a complaint with the Police. I hate cheats.
Till now Prashant has been very good in dealing with me. I would really like to see what he does for me tomorrow.

Could you please tell me if you got a warranty certificate from V Cool? or do you also have something similar. Did you really pay 12000 for that?
Hi akaush,

Congratulations on your new car!

The film is Huper Optik from the sticker and this is also being offered by all Mitsubishi dealers though at a very high price.

A bhpian in Pune got this installed on his Cedia and is very happy with the results. I think he got the Klaar 70 series on the front and a slightly dark shade on the sides.

BTW, could you tell me which after market installer offered the Huper Optik for 3500/- Let me have the name and contact details etc as I have been looking for this film all over Delhi to put on my new Cedia but without any luck.

V kool is expensive and depending on the series it could cost you even more than the 12K quoted. It is the most expensive film in the market today.It is not uncommon for a dealer to have a tie up with the film installer who will come to the dealership and install the film. I had V kool in my OHC installed by Vkool shop in Chembur but do not recall getting a certificate. Let us know how it went at the dealership.
Old 4th June 2010, 01:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase. Drive safe brah!
Old 4th June 2010, 06:03   #15
BHPian

Fake Label I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Now to your most recent post, let me get this right. You were promised V-Kool sun film by the dealer for 9k and instead they put Huper Optik??

If this is the case, and if its original Huper Optik, then its a very good film at par with V-Kool.
And i doubt if the after market accessory shop guy can give it to you for 3500 since I got a quote of 7k for the front windscreen and the starting range for the sides was from 4k for my Spark here in B'lore.
Yes I was promised V cool for 9K and was given something with a label of Huper.
I am definitely sure that the quality is much lower, at least for the film which has been installed on my car. The accessory shop guy used a heat lamp and showed me that the heat blockage is much lower in my car compared to V-cool car. The heat was definitely coming inside my car while V-Cool felt no heat. There is a lot of difference in heat rejection. At least I should get similar quality even if they have used different brand.

I was also told that Huper comes in a variety, the lowest range is nano or something. This one costs 3.5 - 4K depending on model. This is most likely my screen. Upper range versions cost a lot more, 12K and even 15k and they all come with a warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Reverse Sensor for 4,500 that too from the dealership? Honda sells it for 20k, can you confirm which Reverse Sensors are you having?
I will confirm the type today. I think the same was sold to zoom_vroom for about 5500 about 2-3 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi akaush,

Congratulations on your new car!

The film is Huper Optik from the sticker and this is also being offered by all Mitsubishi dealers though at a very high price.

A bhpian in Pune got this installed on his Cedia and is very happy with the results. I think he got the Klaar 70 series on the front and a slightly dark shade on the sides.

BTW, could you tell me which after market installer offered the Huper Optik for 3500/- Let me have the name and contact details etc as I have been looking for this film all over Delhi to put on my new Cedia but without any luck.

V kool is expensive and depending on the series it could cost you even more than the 12K quoted. It is the most expensive film in the market today.It is not uncommon for a dealer to have a tie up with the film installer who will come to the dealership and install the film. I had V kool in my OHC installed by Vkool shop in Chembur but do not recall getting a certificate. Let us know how it went at the dealership.
When i talked to the V-Cool company manager yesterday, he told me that they dont allow dealers and after market accessory shop owners to fit V-cool shields. (As its costly and V-cool want to ensure every customer who buys v-cool get a proper installation done). He also told me that, if its V-Cool, you will get a warranty certificate and a customer satisfaction letter which you will have to sign. He told me most dealers show V-Cool and fit something else, as customers dont have enough knowledge.
If its V-Cool, you can call them, (get the number from the dealers) and confirm from them if they have installed a V-cool in your car, just tell them your car registration number. All dealers who really fit V-cool will also give you a warranty certificate.
Btw if i really want even half decent V-cool like V70 on the front shields, V40 on the side, the company would charge about 15-18K depending on the car. dealer adds his profit to it. At 9K even the lowest model of V-cool is not available.

I am just unhappy that they told me something and gave me something else. I wouldn't have cared to pay 20K for the shield, specially if it was that good. Misguiding and cheating customers is not acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. Drive safe brah!
Thanks !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks