Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 08:21   #166
Senior - BHPian

Hi Capt,

Good to knwo that you are back to the old days of unleashing the beast with all the niggles taken care of. Keep revving and happy mile crunching. Do keep a tab on the brakes though since the booster has been recently replaced. BTW did Ford respond back to your mails?

Regarding the sound from the brakes, I have been hearing them for quite some time now and had even posted a thread in the Technical section. Pls see the link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rd-fiesta.html

Hope the replies help.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:19   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I experience it as well, but, people here say it is normal. I hear this in my Zen as well from the front left side. I don't know the reason why this noise is heard. Some say moisture, some say cold brakes.

Thanks for your inputs Abhi!
thats what they told me too. they say, wet brakes are the reason for this sound but now, since last 4-5 days, its been dry weather in Delhi, now whats the reason for it? Also, whats bothering me is that this sound was absent initally.. prior first service!!

Also, what was your car's mileage in the initial 1200 Kms?

initial mileage was about 9-10 kmpl. Its still the same after 6100 kms!

Other than that, I need your help. I need a better, refined, close-up of this part-

Also, in your car's speedometer pic, see, the needle is not perfectly at where the zero should be. Mine is stuck at 20Kmph even at standstill/idling and the needle starts moving from there when the car starts moving.

About the speedo needle. It stays there when the ignition is switched off. There is no "0" marking anyways on this dial

im attaching some pictures of the area you need. Hope these are useful. BTW, whats the need?

Happy Motoring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Capt,

Good to knwo that you are back to the old days of unleashing the beast with all the niggles taken care of. Keep revving and happy mile crunching. Do keep a tab on the brakes though since the booster has been recently replaced. BTW did Ford respond back to your mails?

Regarding the sound from the brakes, I have been hearing them for quite some time now and had even posted a thread in the Technical section. Pls see the link below.

Hope the replies help.
Hey thanks Ghodlur. With you guys around, I know troubleshooting my car will not be a problem. Im going easy with the brakes. Driving also slowly. But the mileage takes a hit in doing so.

Ford replied with a mail and a phone call a couple of days earlier. I had to drive the point to their ears that they need to respond to any customer query/complaint. The repair job was done but it leaves a scar if the company fails to comfort the customer!

Will take a look at your thread see if the problem is in all the cars, not just mine. I keep my fingers crossed now-a-days while driving!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dsc04838.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0365.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0366.jpg  

Old 1st September 2010, 14:43   #168
Senior - BHPian

capt, the creak sound that comes when you release the brakes on an incline is the sound of the chassis/suspension flexing a little. It's there in my Fiesta and to a lesser extent in my 800 as well. I have also heard it in my Octavia. It has nothing to do with the brakes.

abhipuru: there is no 0 in the speedo. When the car is standstill, the needle goes all the way to the bottom like in the pic that capt posted. Why have you not replaced that entire cluster yet?

Last edited by Gilead : 1st September 2010 at 14:46.
Old 1st September 2010, 15:50   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I have also heard it in my Octavia.
The above should read as an Octavia. It belongs to my friend.
Old 1st September 2010, 17:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Capt,

Hope the replies help.
ghodlur, I saw your thread regarding the brake noise issue. All I can say is that I came out more confused. Many people say its because of the monsoon. Well the monsoon left Delhi a few days ago, but the problem of this noise remains forever. You have identified the problem the best because I am also hearing this loud "growling" noise when I release the brakes, more so when on an incline.
I dont agree that the brake pads are worn out. They can't wear out so soon. Also I dont think rust is the problem. Altough I drove the car with water upto the brake discs/drums a couple of times, its not enough to do so much harm.
GTO has replied on your thread saying it could be a normal greasing problem. This could be the reason, as the rains and driving thru water could have caused the grease to be removed.

Quote:
capt, the creak sound that comes when you release the brakes on an incline is the sound of the chassis/suspension flexing a little. It's there in my Fiesta and to a lesser extent in my 800 as well. I have also heard it in my Octavia. It has nothing to do with the brakes.
Gilead I can agree with you, but this sound was not audible earlier. I mean before the first service. The chasis/suspension flexes even while going over bumps and pothole and while cornering, but I dont hear this noise then. Its a very pronounced "growl" as ghodlur mentioned.
maybe its not the brakes but the lack of lubrication??
Old 1st September 2010, 17:51   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Gilead I can agree with you, but this sound was not audible earlier. I mean before the first service. The chasis/suspension flexes even while going over bumps and pothole and while cornering, but I dont hear this noise then. Its a very pronounced "growl" as ghodlur mentioned.
maybe its not the brakes but the lack of lubrication??
What you hear when going over bumps is the muffled suspension thud. That is completely different from the creak you get when releasing the brake on an incline. I had this creak from day one. Would you classify it as a creak as well? The only growl I have is the one I get my from the intake and exhaust.
Old 1st September 2010, 18:10   #172
BHPian

Quote:
What you hear when going over bumps is the muffled suspension thud. That is completely different from the creak you get when releasing the brake on an incline. I had this creak from day one. Would you classify it as a creak as well? The only growl I have is the one I get my from the intake and exhaust.
agreed sir its a "creak" not a "growl" but the noise is definite and it was not from day one. now the wifey also agrees to it. She drove today and was telling about this unusual sound. Anywasy planning to get it checked.

the growl from the exhaust is definitely sweet and inspiring. no complaints there buddy!
Old 2nd September 2010, 00:20   #173
BHPian

Try this-
Get your front suspension pressure washed very thoroughly. Come back home and try this brake releasing on the incline. See if it makes a difference.
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:42   #174
BHPian

Re: The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.

Hey there Capt rocker!

Ive been looking around for options to upgrade to a fun sedan. Have narrowed
down on Fiesta Classic as its the only car within the 7 lacs range that one
can fall in love with. So Ive TD-en the NFC and though the new interiors
took time to get used to.. but the calibrated growl of the perky engine,
makes everything else seem ok.
Loved going through your review and the pics of your ride are extremely
inspiring, justice done by the lense. I think there is no other color but
sea grey that seems perfect (i was also contemplating panther black).

I'm looking at Harpreet Ford for my Fiesta. Wanted to know how your ***
experience has been with Harpreet? Also any good deals that you were able to bargain with them during the purchase?

thanks!
Old 25th October 2011, 20:32   #175
BHPian

Booked a Sea Grey Ford Fiesta Classic SXi Petrol. Delivery in a few days. Questions regarding accessories? Is Reverse parking sensor really required? I don't find the car too broad or too long. Used to drive the Gypsy. Teflon coating@Rs.4000/- ? Is it really worth the money?
Old 26th October 2011, 10:04   #176
BHPian

Please don't waste money on reverse parking sensors and "teflon coating" (rubbing and polishing basically).
abhipuru16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 20:43   #177
BHPian

Thanks a lot. Another question: I thought the sporty pedal comes with the car (may be in the older version) but lately realized comes now as a part of accessories at the cost of Rs. 3000/-. My question is was the sporty pedal with the car originally? BTW many thanks to capt_rocker for this post: really helped me in justifying my choice of car. I m disappointed in the newly launched Fiesta though- mainly pricing, exterior(esp backside) n interiors too.
Old 27th October 2011, 00:14   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmoya2007 View Post
My question is was the sporty pedal with the car originally?
Only Fiesta S had Sporty peddles. Otherwise its all old type peddle. However I haggled SE to get this free! If you are comfortable in reversing the vehicle, u don't need any parking sensors! Fiesta has excellent mirror setup to see whats going on in back. Teflon quoting is not recommended in team-bhp. There is a thread for the same.

With my sea grey SXI, only upgrades I did was good sun film and better tires. Those MRF suck! Upgrade to micheline or yokohama, and see the difference.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 17:34   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a Sea Grey Ford Fiesta Classic SXi Petrol. Delivery in a few days. Questions regarding accessories? Is Reverse parking sensor really required? I don't find the car too broad or too long. Used to drive the Gypsy. Teflon coating@Rs.4000/- ? Is it really worth the money?
Quote:
Thanks a lot. Another question: I thought the sporty pedal comes with the car (may be in the older version) but lately realized comes now as a part of accessories at the cost of Rs. 3000/-. My question is was the sporty pedal with the car originally? BTW many thanks to capt_rocker for this post: really helped me in justifying my choice of car. I m disappointed in the newly launched Fiesta though- mainly pricing, exterior(esp backside) n interiors too.
Hey docmoya2007, you are most welcome indeed. Its an excellent choice you have made and you'll not be disappointed. Excellent choice of colour too. You cant go wrong with it and you love it when it shines in the sun. Drive to the hilt and give yourself a pat on the back.

Guys its been a long time since I have been away from Team-BHP and it feels good to be home once again. Missed you all my friends who once helped me make one of the best decisions of my life. I still love my Fiesta 1.6S as much as I did when it was brand new. No matter how many cars come and go, no matter whether they name is 'Classic' or anything, this car will remain my bud forever!

Most Viewed