Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:58   #91
BHPian

Nice Pics Capt,

Your fiesta looking good in the sea grey color.

I just covered only 350 KMS in my blacky so far in the past 10 days. Many times I forgot that am in Running in period and took her to higher rpms just to hear the sweet engine roar.... enjoying it...
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:05   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Nice Pics Capt,

Your fiesta looking good in the sea grey color.

I just covered only 350 KMS in my blacky so far in the past 10 days. Many times I forgot that am in Running in period and took her to higher rpms just to hear the sweet engine roar.... enjoying it...
thanks man! dont worry abt the running in.. a few blasts wont hurt your Blacky anyways. Just be a bit careful not to extend the fun for a longer time initially. Make it upto 1500-2000 odd kms before you start firing this rocket in full blow!! Its sudden accelaration and sudden braking which should be avoided. Rest this baby will take care of herself!
Old 5th July 2010, 21:48   #93
BHPian

Something crazy to share.

I took this picture from my mobile phone thru the rear view mirror of a crazy freak behind me who was driving his car with a sun curtain on his front windscreen.. people cant get crazier than this!

Also, a view of the Garware Icecool Shield sun film on the front.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-01072010265.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-26062010258.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 08:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Something crazy to share.

I took this picture from my mobile phone thru the rear view mirror of a crazy freak behind me who was driving his car with a sun curtain on his front windscreen.. people cant get crazier than this!

Also, a view of the Garware Icecool Shield sun film on the front.
OMG how was he able to drive with the sun curtain. A big risk to himself and to other also. Had he realized that he was driving with the thin on unless it was super tranparent.
You definitely get such freaks on the road. I once enountered one such moron who was driving with parking lights on and used to put his hand out for left/right indications. At one signal I asked him why was he doing so, he said the turn indicators are not working. I told him to switch off the parking lights and he sheepishly agreed that the turn indicators are working. Such people do drive on road and with a valid licence.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

This is surprised - to see some one driving a car with a sun curtain on the windscreen! Is the guy mad or or just trying to be smart (dangerous way to practise such things on the road with lot of traffic moving around?).
God only help these kind of creatures on the road putting others life in danger.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:58   #96
BHPian

@ghodlur & narrik.. dont be surprised fellas.. this is India and on top of it this is Delhi NCR. You try to find a single moron and youll find 10!!

Guys pls lookout for such whacky pictures of on road blunders and post them here.. this will be fun!!!
Old 6th July 2010, 13:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
OMG how was he able to drive with the sun curtain. A big risk to himself and to other also. Had he realized that he was driving with the thin on unless it was super tranparent.
You definitely get such freaks on the road. I once enountered one such moron who was driving with parking lights on and used to put his hand out for left/right indications. At one signal I asked him why was he doing so, he said the turn indicators are not working. I told him to switch off the parking lights and he sheepishly agreed that the turn indicators are working. Such people do drive on road and with a valid licence.
What car was that? Normally parking lights and indicator lights are different, aren't they?
Old 6th July 2010, 13:48   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What car was that? Normally parking lights and indicator lights are different, aren't they?
The car was Santro where the parking lights switch on the left/right turn indicators on the dashboard. You can see the turn indicator lamps on the outside on along with the rear lamps.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car was Santro where the parking lights switch on the left/right turn indicators on the dashboard. You can see the turn indicator lamps on the outside on along with the rear lamps.
Those are hazard lights, not parking lights. You use them when your car is stranded.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Those are hazard lights, not parking lights. You use them when your car is stranded.
Whats the difference between the two?. AFAIK the hazard lights are used as parking lights in most cases. For eg during heavy rains we use these as hazard lights whereas if you pull the vehicle alongside for a couple of minutes you use them as parking lights. Let me know if I am wrong. Are there seperate lights for parking/hazard? What about in Fiesta?
Old 6th July 2010, 14:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats the difference between the two?. AFAIK the hazard lights are used as parking lights in most cases. For eg during heavy rains we use these as hazard lights whereas if you pull the vehicle alongside for a couple of minutes you use them as parking lights. Let me know if I am wrong. Are there seperate lights for parking/hazard? What about in Fiesta?
Parking light is the first position on the rotary headlight control knob. But in India, we have made the hazard lights double up as a way to indicate that we we are going to block the road by parking in places where we are not supposed to. Just like the way some people use hazard lights to indicate they are going straight in a junction. It's just lack of awareness.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th July 2010 at 14:47.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

When you press the Hazard Warning switch (this has to be used only in emergency?) and all the indicator lights will be FLASHING.
whereas when you turn on the headlight switch first level, parking lights (say indicators) will glow but without flashing???
Old 6th July 2010, 14:52   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
When you press the Hazard Warning switch (this has to be used only in emergency?) and all the indicator lights will be FLASHING.
whereas when you turn on the headlight switch first level, parking lights (say indicators) will glow but without flashing???
No, parking lights will switch on only the pilot lights in the front and the tail lamps. Indicators will not come on at all.

The hazard switch will make the indicators flash repeatedly and this must be used only when the car has broken down. But this is India, so anything goes.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The hazard switch will make the indicators flash repeatedly and this must be used only when the car has broken down. But this is India, so anything goes.
You can also use it during butt breaks on the expressway.

But definitely not as indicators, to indicate that you are going straight, as done by the cab wallas.
Old 6th July 2010, 15:18   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, parking lights will switch on only the pilot lights in the front and the tail lamps. Indicators will not come on at all.

Thanks guys for the differences. As Gilead rightly puts it, In India you use it for anything you want to.
I distinctly remember when one of the traffic cops approached me when I had parked the car to answer my mobile and told me to put on the lights atleast. He was satisfied when I switched on the Hazard lights. I am sure even the cops would not make out the difference between the parking & hazard lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks