Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Easy’s got a new Ride,

Well First let me thank all the members here for their valuable insight which helped me zero in on this one.

I have read a lot of comparisons about which car should one buy and what all should we look into before we decide on a particular make.

Well I have been thinking of buying a car for almost couple of years now; have waited for new launches reviews and the whole lot. Around 2 months ago I started taking test drives of different cars. I was clear that I did want a Sedan as I had been driving different hatches for the good part of 9 years.

To cut it short during the various TD’s the one car which came on to me was the ANHC. At this moment I would not like to go into controversies about the pros and cons of various sedan makes in the market.
But then again the City stood out to be above the other cars on various criteria’s. It looked like a car which would not only feed my cravings for long drives but also would be fun to drive to work(considering the grumpy mood I am always in while driving to work). Though I also was in 2 minds about the Cruz but was a bit out of range for me for the moment.

First Contact..

There she was standing on the floor of the showroom with that mighty looking front grill and them ever so prominent headlamps. My heart almost skipped a beat and in the rush of excitement almost forgot the huge check list which I had made a mental note of.

Well with a deep sigh I took control of my huge rush of emotions in me and went on like I been buying cars every other year. Well the sales guy gave me a low down of all the things he had done all the promises of extra goodies (“shut up u fool and give me the keys” was my mind saying). But I went on through the whole charade of various tedious formalities we had to do.

Well time came and took it out for a small spin with the sales guy sitting next to me constantly chatting about how good this is in the car and what all he had to go through to get me the discounts and all (I had good mind to stop and car and tell him to bugger off).
Well the ride came to an end. I opened the hood once again to do the final check list and took it home smiling and gloating at the same time (let me tell you that at this moment u do want everyone on the ROAD TO LOOK AT YOU AND your RIDE).

The odo read 23 when I stepped into my beauty and now it’s nearing 400. (Did I tell you how I love this car?).

Pics to follow (I know you all have seen a lot of Pictures of “the City” on the forum but will bore u guys just a little more).

Note: i would really like to go into some more details on the whole episode provided i get time at work
Old 4th June 2010, 13:43   #2
BHPian

Yeh Congratulations and welcome to ANHC club,

Post some pics, they never bore.

Drive safe and enjoy the ride.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Clearly you were mesmerised by the car. Congrats on your new purchase. Drive safe. And and please post some pictures. I did not get what color you chose.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:20   #4
BHPian

Congrats easy for the ANHC. Waiting for a detailed driving experience and snaps from your side.
Happy driving CITY in the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks