Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 14:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I got the Lights and the entire wiring from Dinesh(can't remember his shop name) in 4th Block Jayanagar. But, I know couple more people in case you want these.
Yup man , that will great , let me know their details .
Cheers
Old 7th June 2010, 15:39   #17
BHPian

hey congratz buddy!
A white getz suddenly comes like breath of fresh air on this forumfilledwith figos and puntos.
Excellent choice of alloys
Do post some interior pics too
Old 8th June 2010, 10:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Vik0728! Great price and a good choice. 4.8L OTR Bangalore is a steal! Please post some pics of the interiors.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Schoudhury no problem, just PM your number, will give you their details over the call. Better yet, if you want me to, I will accompany you when you decide to go ahead with the installation!!

Shantyrocks thank you. I don't know about the forum buddy but sure's hell its come as a Breath of Fresh air into my Life & Garage!!

Thanks Chetan. Yep, just what the doctor had ordered for!!

Here are some interior pics I captured last evening and some this morning. Clarity is bad but will surely upload some good pics this weekend.

The things I love:
1. Awesome Console that houses adequate info
2. Window switches glows once the parking lights are turned on
3. Glove box lighting
4. Arm rest for the driver
5. Sporty Gear Knob
6. Eased Ingress & Outgress
Attached Thumbnails
Got My White Pearl...-dsc00680.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00681.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00682.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00685.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00684.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00683.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00686.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00687.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00688.jpg  

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th June 2010 at 11:34.
Old 8th June 2010, 12:49   #20
@ri
BHPian

You've got a nice ride. Love the alloys!!!
Quote:
3. Glove box lighting
4. Arm rest for the driver
Wonder why the Hyundai guys forgot about these two things in the i20
Old 8th June 2010, 13:02   #21
Team-BHP Support

Black on white - alloys look great, Vikram!

The 1.3 litre engine is no slouch - you have a truly VFM car. My friend's 1.3 Getz has done 110,000 kms and you still can't hear a single rattle. The seat covers do not age well though.

I suggest you get yourself some faux-leather seat covers. Black again perhaps?
Old 8th June 2010, 14:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
You've got a nice ride. Love the alloys!!!

Wonder why the Hyundai guys forgot about these two things in the i20
you know bro, this is one of the reasons why I Just love the Getz!!

IMO this was the car that set the standards or defined the word "Premium Hatch" !!
Agreed for some Getz is Old, Dated, Slouchy, etc but believe me these are more on Papers than a practical reality. It might not have the most modern features on board, but U bet its got the Necessary ones that can make an Owner Proud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Black on white - alloys look great, Vikram!

The 1.3 litre engine is no slouch - you have a truly VFM car. My friend's 1.3 Getz has done 110,000 kms and you still can't hear a single rattle. The seat covers do not age well though.

I suggest you get yourself some faux-leather seat covers. Black again perhaps?
Aye Aye Ashwin, you know it just as well as I do that 1341cc can't be really as bad as it has been Projected.

Yes, I am planning to get the new Seat covers and these beige one's, though add Grandeur to the interiors, they are a Dust magnet.

I have experienced myself and heard many Hyundai owners say the same. Atleast for Indian roads, Koreans seem to know the Art of assembling long lasting machines.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th June 2010 at 14:14.
Old 16th June 2010, 11:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

700Km Update

Hey Guys, have been really busy for the last 1 week since I am just not able to get enough of driving my New Gutsy Getzy!

Have completed 700Km and here are few things I have noticed about my White Pea
  • This was the car that technically set "Premium Hatch" class in India about a decade back and still does. It really feels like I am driving a Bigger car than what I bought!!
  • I agree with all the Veterans that Engine on Getz isn't really a scortcher off the Starting Line. But believe me guys, its way to powerful than what many actually think. Until one drives the car, its very difficult to understand that this hatch can attain speeds more than many Sedans on Indian Roads.
  • FE is somthing that a guy like me can Die for. I know that it doesn't have the gadgets like its cousins & compitators which can measure accuarate FE in numbers, but when measured in the traditional way, with the worst numbers, I got a FE of over 15Kmpl on a highway.
  • When I bought this Car, I20 was only about 2.5k(EMI) away but still I went for this. IMO I20 Looks awesome when you see it roll towards you, but dissappoints you when it goes by. There is somthing not too good with the finish. Personally, only Punto is the Hatch that can take my eyes of a Getz every single time.
Guys, I had one Query. As all the Getz owners on the forum know, there is not a huge difference between the Indian Version and the ones launched in Australia. Can anybody tell me if we can Install Electrically Retractable ORVM's on Getz ? If Yes, is there someone who can do a descent job of the same in Bangalore ??

Managed to click some snaps of my ride last weekend on a recent trip to my In-laws farmhouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Got My White Pearl...-dsc00692.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00693.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00695.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00697.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00698.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00699.jpg  

Got My White Pearl...-dsc00694.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2010 at 09:38. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 16th June 2010, 12:20   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Getz Prime. By the way, what was the final on road price for the Getz

The alloys suit the car very well
Old 16th June 2010, 13:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks nKrishnap. The OTR price in Bangalore was 4.86Lks including 3yrs Warranty coverage.
Since one of my uncle's knew the Advaith Biggies, I got it for a cool 4.6lks!!
Old 16th June 2010, 13:53   #26
BHPian

Congrats Vik. You sold your old car for a good price and bought a new one for an even better one.

I too go by the heart and so your decision appeals to me. Take good care of the interiors, it needs some extra effort to keep it looking clean. The car looks great and black alloys on white are truly amazing.

Have fun and drive safe!
Old 17th June 2010, 11:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Congrats Vik. You sold your old car for a good price and bought a new one for an even better one.

I too go by the heart and so your decision appeals to me. Take good care of the interiors, it needs some extra effort to keep it looking clean. The car looks great and black alloys on white are truly amazing.

Have fun and drive safe!
Thank you buddy and yes totally agree with you, this beige interiors is just about the only thing I find bad in otherwise an Amazing machine.

For once, its wasn't me who chose these set of wheels on my ride. It was my Better Half who Zeroed in on these Premium Plati's!!
Old 17th June 2010, 17:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
For once, its wasn't me who chose these set of wheels on my ride. It was my Better Half who Zeroed in on these Premium Plati's!!
Great Choice. Be extra careful of not scraping black alloys (or any alloys for that matter).
Old 17th June 2010, 19:16   #29
BHPian

I have always liked Getz better than any other hyundai car. The design of the car is so proportionate and taut. Your car looks great with those black alloys. Drive safe!
Old 18th June 2010, 09:57   #30
BHPian

Wow Vik0728!!! Really refreshing to see an enthusiastic Getz (petrol) ownership thread. I too have a Bright Silver Getz GLS but its one of the first set (Feb 2005). I have done only 25k kms so far. Even IMO, Getz has a decent engine but very laid back in nature. Recently clocked 135 clicks while driving towards Salem and the car was rock steady. I am a noob driver and the car was so long driven by my dad.

My dad paid almost a lac more than the present price. We got the alloys from Hyundai itself at 16 or 18k i guess.

I too want to mod the lamps with a decent set of bulbs as the stock setup is not very great. How is the setup is your car when compared to the stock with respect to intensity and beam spread?

Love the driver's arm rest which is a great boon while on the highways. Didn't know they fixed a glovebox light. Pretty neat feature.

I have some mods planned for the near future: 1) brighter headlights 2) horns like those of skoda and polo (just blew me off) 3) front components and an amplifier

I just graduated from engineering so these will take some time materialize(me yet to start earning vitamin M).

I shall keep in touch with you regarding any queries and hope you oblige.
Best of luck with your ride and keep us Getzians updated.

Srinath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks