Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 10:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
I too agree with Poloman that more waiting helps reduce loan amount but my major worry is that even the 3-4 month waiting period should not turn to 5-6 months !!

I am also considering SX4 now as good discounts are on for the same but it is a bit over budget, will pay a visit to VW dealer tomorrow and try to find out the current scenario. Also I read somewhere that VW is trying to increase the production but does anyone know when will that happen?
I too heard that. But they seem to be having problems with vendors WRT quality, since they are very strict with it. So the delay. With Highline the problem is still worse, since most of the things are imported. Try some pressure tactics by paying 100%. This is only my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Finally VW has agreed for Fog lamps in Polo-CL. But 1month waiting for Fog lamps as well.

Cost - 3800*2 = 7600/-
Cable and Connectors = 600/-

Still waiting for an impressive Chrome Strip Edge protectors. No one has a Chrome grill for Air Damp in Delhi.

I'm getting FE of 12-13 in City with AC 100% on. I go by the Tank full-empty method.
Very good FE Steve. It can only improve from here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Canpush, I would say you should base your decision on the fact, how badly you need the new car. I know the waiting is very unforgiving. But in my case the 3.5 month wait helped me buy the car with out any loan. Also I had my Zen as the back up. So I was not put in much inconvenience.
Also if you have some other car in the mind as a close second choice, you can give that a try.
For you and me, reasoning now is easy. But if we wind back 1 month and try to visualize, we were really in a mess. This is more like waiting for a toy as a kid. Impossible!!! Canceling some thing we desire is much more difficult. That is why I term it as HELL!!
Old 20th June 2010, 12:03   #167
BHPian

hey Poloman, I checked out the antenna on my Honda city, its not retractable but it has a vertical movement, you can press the antenna to its lowest level and it almost touches the roof, this way I can use the body cover, maybe in polo it is the same?? if not then maybe you can try to look for shark fin antenna?? it would look smashing
Old 21st June 2010, 09:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

The car has crossed the milestone of 500Km. Yesterday, went out for some spirited driving on Hosur toll road. Excellent high speed dynamics. Planning to visit my native place soon. So a trip of around 1200Km is on the way.
Formel, the antenna in Polo does not seem to be retractable. I did not put too much pressure though.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:45   #169
BHPian

Isn't the antenna detachable from the outside? Is it fixed one or screw type whereby roating in clock-wise/anti clock-wise will tighten/losen the antenna? If you can detach it, there should not be a problem putting the body cover..at least if you are not putting the cover every day.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:08   #170
Senior - BHPian

After the wiper debacle I am bit wary of VW technology. So no more experiments. I have covered parking and the cover is not a must everyday. I will use it only if it is parked for extended time.
Sanjay, how often do you clean the interiors? Which product,you use?
Old 21st June 2010, 13:28   #171
BHPian

Quote:
After the wiper debacle I am bit wary of VW technology. So no more experiments. I have covered parking and the cover is not a must everyday. I will use it only if it is parked for extended time.
I am still thinking of the logic behind the wiper design in those calm moments before I sleep! One of these days, I might just visit the VW showroom to see it first hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman
To keep the interiors clean, I do the following:

1. Before starting to drive, I lower down the windows or keep a couple of doors open to let in fresh air...my windows are always closed while driving so that dust does not come in

2. During rains, I put the rubber mats otherwise always carpet mats - those are easier to clean in my opinion rather than the heavy rubber mats - even when soiled..the plush feeling of carpet mat compared to rubber ones is worth the cleaning hassle. No strict regiment of cleaning the mats...depends on the amount of dust appearing. The driver side mat though I bang against the wall pillars to get rid of fine dust every few days. When required, the carpet mats are cleaned in the house using normal detergents and allowed to dry for couple of hours in sun and then completely under the shade. Care is taken to put the carpet mat inside the car only when bone dry..otherwise a damp unpleasant odour spreads inside the car.

3. I have leather upholstery..that too beige ones. This is where I give the most attention. Ensure to use leather conditioner/wax once in a month. First time I used it myself..was a completely exhausting experience..becoming old I guess....post that, I have trained & delegated the job to my kids..this gives them a good workout I just provide the final buffing.

4. Becos of sunfilm installed on all glasses, I do not spray any glass cleaner from inside...just a wet wipe followed by a dry wipe is sufficient as of now...done once a week..the jopasu magic glove comes in handy for the windscreen & rear window.

5. Dashboard and door trims are wiped with wet micro-fibre cloth once a week..once a month a cockpit cleaner spray is used. Frequent dusting of the dashboard/seats with the jopasu magic glove duster (for interiors) is also pretty handy for this.

All treatment products I use are from Turtle Wax or Abel Auto, purchased from Xenos. In 6+ mths of ownership, serious vaccum cleaning of interior has been done thrice - during 1st service, 2nd service and at CarzSpa..
Old 21st June 2010, 14:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

Wish I were as systematic as you..!
The main problem with Polo interiors is the beige upholstery which is again of the lighter shade. I am not sure which product to use to clean it with out the fear of spotting. I am using my daughter's left over Pears soap as of now.
The microfiber cloth I purchased from Reliance auto zone is good for nothing. The Jopasu cloth is of high quality and is doing its job nicely.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:42   #173
BHPian

Quote:
The main problem with Polo interiors is the beige upholstery which is again of the lighter shade. I am not sure which product to use to clean it with out the fear of spotting
Check this out...I saw this same thing at Xenos last saturday costing about 400/- or so.
Turtle Wax - Power Out! Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Xenos has a presence in blr...refer this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ngalore-4.html

I personally have not used this specific item since I have leather interiors but am using other turtle wax products like glass cleaner, wax, dashboard/vinyl cleaner..rain repellant glass spray (got is couple of days back..yet to use and see the effectiveness)
Old 21st June 2010, 16:12   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using 3M Car Care Kit which costs Rs.650. This consists of Car Shampoo, Tyre Dresser, Glass Cleaner & Vinyl Dresser along with 2 Applicator Sponges. The results are quite good.
Old 21st June 2010, 17:15   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

An aside on micro-fibre cloths (there is a whole thread (a micro-thread? ) on this) ---

Best not to use them wet. They will pick up dust very nicely, even extracting it from the depths of textured plastic, when dry. If necessary, use just a trace of water. When cleaning plastic, etc, items around the house, if there is any grease or stain, I run a little water into the sink, let it drain, and just pat the cloth on the wet surface of the sink. It does not even soak through the cloth, just moisturises the fibres. When wet, these cloths seem to loose their 'bite'
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:06   #176
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My cousin visited VW showroom in Chennai last weekend for test drive. SP told to come after one or two days for TD and seems not interested. My cousin walked out with disappointment after sitting inside VW touareg and Beetle.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:21   #177
BHPian

Hey Poloman,

The red polo looks smashing. Congratulations on the new ride.
In case you haven't noticed Polo in other countries, check the Australian website of Polo.

Simply amazing..

http://follownoone.com.au

Last edited by witwiky : 23rd June 2010 at 18:23. Reason: Smiley added.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:57   #178
Senior - BHPian

Thanks witwiky.
Nicely designed website. I am of the opinion that the car looks much better with the single chrome grill insert unlike the Indian version which has two. Also they should have provided the air dam chrome strip. This complements the look of the car. I think VW has reserved these features along with smoked head lamps for a future face lift or for 1.6 Polo.

Last edited by poloman : 24th June 2010 at 16:00.
Old 24th June 2010, 23:35   #179
BHPian

Polo 1.6 pricing ANNOUNCED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
The Kolkata onroad is expected to be around Rs 7.3L for 1.6 HL. However that is a gestimate by the dealer since VW has not released official pricing. Can't accurately back calculate the ExShowroom from this. However the insurance and RT/Registration for 1.2 HL is aournd 59K and going by that you can expect the ExShowroom for 1.6 HL to be around Rs 6.7L. That would make it 90K more than 1.2 HL.
I received a call from the dealer today evening. They have received the pricing for 1.6. Exshowroom Kolkata Rs 6.16!!!! On road around 6.80. Purrfecto!
1.2 H/L costs 6.42 here. So guys 1.6 is just 40k more. Looks like VW is serious... No 1 by 2017.
Old 24th June 2010, 23:57   #180
BHPian

Awesome! Guess I should change my booking provided the delivery date does not change!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks