Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 20:36   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Back after a long gap. The car continues to exceed my expectations in all the apsects.
After 4 months and nearly 4K kms got the first real scratch while reversing. Though this is a clearcoat level scractch, it feels bad.Planning to visit dealership tomorrow for a general check up. So will try out to fix the scratch. Some long drives like BLR-Pune-BLR, BLR-TVM-BLR coming up very soon.
Chethan, Saw your car gleaming on your thread, did you do 3M protection? If yes, do you recommend this? Saw lot of contradicting inputs on paint protection thread.
About paint protection, I made the post in the other thread and a bunch of others said that I had been ripped off and one guy said the whole thing was a fraud. I PMd the person who asked me to PM him and he hasn't replied. Some people even saw swirl marks from my pics while I haven't been able to find one yet.

Basically at this point in time, I don't have any data to refute or support any allegations. As I said in my original post, for me if the car still beads water a year or two from now, I will call it a success.

However one thing I am very clear about is: I really don't have the time or the energy to wax my car every 2-3 months.

Unfortunately there isn't much information on Waxoyl paint protection on the web also. However a lot of people swear by Waxoyl rust prevention which comes with a 3-4 year guarantee (if I remember correctly) in India and may last up to 8 years. You can see so many rave reviews about this product.

So it seems I must somehow believe that a company that provides reliable rust prevention coating perpetrates a fraud when it comes to paint protection coating.

I don't buy this, but I am letting it slide because I can only provide anecdotal evidence only after a year or so.
Old 24th September 2010, 21:02   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chethan, Saw your car gleaming on your thread, did you do 3M protection? If yes, do you recommend this? Saw lot of contradicting inputs on paint protection thread.
I have got Sonax - 9880707676. IMHO, any one is good and is needed.

Poloman - I need your help.

My friend had booked a Polo 1.6, as I had mentioned in my thread. This is going to be delayed. But if he decides on 1.2, he can get it a bit earlier. What do you suggest? Please post your opinion without any reservation, in detail. I will show him your post. He will decide for himself.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 24th September 2010 at 21:03.
Old 24th September 2010, 22:04   #333
Senior - BHPian

nowwhat, I have seen the thread and could not find any swirl marks either.

Chethan, I have not driven Polo 1.6. But as I told Polo 1.2 has exceeded my expectations in all counts. In some of my previous posts I had reported that Polo is not as driveable as my Zen. Iam taking back my words now. After the run in the car has become very smooth and free revving. Excellent power delivery except second gear. I am finding it very easy to maneuver in city traffic after getting accustomed to the size of the car. Only sore areas which remain are.
Sluggish second gear which tends to stall. The third gear is a marvel though.
Noisy start like diesel engines.
Polo is losing the snob value. I was awed to see three Polos that too in red around me yesterday.

Last edited by poloman : 24th September 2010 at 22:07.
Old 24th September 2010, 22:39   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
My friend had booked a Polo 1.6, as I had mentioned in my thread. This is going to be delayed. But if he decides on 1.2, he can get it a bit earlier. What do you suggest? Please post your opinion without any reservation, in detail. I will show him your post. He will decide for himself.
I would suggest you get your friend to test drive the 1.2 at VW Downtown if he hasn't done so already. Then if you wish you can come over and test drive my 1.6. That way he can decide for himself!
Old 25th September 2010, 14:41   #335
Senior - BHPian

Went to VW downtown for wash and an attempt to remove the scratch. I would say the experience was below average. Wash@496 was a total hogwash. I have serious doubts about the technical competency of people there. When I brought up the rocking seat issue the SA told that is a normal thing in Polo. Also I had told them to check all fluid levels. Only God knows whether they have done it.VW,you have to pull up your socks really fast.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:28   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Went to VW downtown for wash and an attempt to remove the scratch. I would say the experience was below average.
I have serious doubts about the technical competency of people there. When I brought up the rocking seat issue the SA told that is a normal thing in Polo.
VW,you have to pull up your socks really fast.
Hope this is a one-off case and not the same across all dealers.

I don't know how this car manufacturing->dealership works, but what I can understand is - having very high quality control, expert engineers, state-of-the-art facilities etc will make a very good quality product but these competencies are limited to the manufacturing facility, .i.e, in this case VW Chakan plant.

Now, an issue may happen, but the customer doesn't takes his car to the factory, the car is attended by the dealership. I know the car companies will give the sales people training first about the features, how to differentiate the product from the existing one in the market etc to sell it but what about supporting it? Does it provide hands-on training on repairing, resolving issues ? I doubt!

Otherwise, the engineer at the dealership would only transfer the incident to the engineer at plant and they would advise from a far-off location which takes time and end-of-day customer will have to suffer. I know these are serious stuff and an engineer from the car manufacturing company who is directly involved or had sufficient prior experience in the floor (I mean for all manufacturer) if present at the dealership would help resolve issues much faster.

Its high time these car manufacturing companies mature their service process.

Many of us are very well aware that if tomm a car company x or y or z is a client they would make sure (and this is absolutely fine, I beleive) that if their software goes down they would have SLAs with the software vendor, and you/me or we`ll make our team work to meet the SLAs, then when talking about so much quality and heritage why not have SLAs for resolving customer issues too?

Sorry this might be here, but came in mind so put it here.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 25th September 2010 at 21:30.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:34   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to VW downtown for wash and an attempt to remove the scratch. I would say the experience was below average. Wash@496 was a total hogwash. I have serious doubts about the technical competency of people there. When I brought up the rocking seat issue the SA told that is a normal thing in Polo. Also I had told them to check all fluid levels. Only God knows whether they have done it.VW,you have to pull up your socks really fast.
Wash@496!!? This is day light robbery!!

There are places which will charge 100 bucks. There is one on Bannerghatta road also. Total money I spend per month for car-wash is 500 bucks. And I get it done 4 times in a month!

You are right. Some of these guys are literally - Jokers. They should allow interested owners to stand-by and watch, during service. This will install confidence. Now a days, even hospitals allow relatives during specific operations.
Old 10th October 2010, 20:23   #338
Senior - BHPian

Time for a small update. Took Polo to Chunchi falls and Sangama. As always the drive was absolute bliss. Captured some photos with my new Sony Tx1 camera. The road is very scenic.
Attached Thumbnails
Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-dsc00047.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-dsc00048.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-dsc00053.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-dsc00055.jpg  

Old 11th October 2010, 00:07   #339
BHPian

Congrats Polo man!

Just read the missed-out posts from your ownership thread. The FE figures that you had posted are very inspiring and proves that our decision to book a Polo is not wrong. Am getting mine in a day or two and am tempted to break your FE figures record , which I know cannot happen anytime soon.

I had waited exactly for 73 days since my booking a Silver Polo. I had been offered other colors, but opted to wait for my silver beauty.

Should start my ownership thread soon.

Your recent pics of your Polo with the scenic background looks awesome.

Alex.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:43   #340
Senior - BHPian

Polo just completed the BLR-TVM-BLR run. Around 730km one way.Probably the longest drive in a Polo in the forum. Covered a total distance of 1800km during the trip including some local TVM runs. What a machine and what a drive..!I am so relaxed and refreshed even after such a long drive.
The odo is nearing 6K now.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:14   #341
Senior - BHPian

Does Polo locking system has some kind of proximity sensor for the key fob? I mean if you leave the key fob inside the car (not in the key hole) the car won't get locked but if you take it out of the car to some distance the car gets automatically locked? I am seeing some thing of this sort in my car. Or I am missing something here?
Old 30th November 2010, 14:55   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Polo locking system has some kind of proximity sensor for the key fob? I mean if you leave the key fob inside the car (not in the key hole) the car won't get locked but if you take it out of the car to some distance the car gets automatically locked? I am seeing some thing of this sort in my car. Or I am missing something here?
I haven't noticed such a thing. Neither have I tried it. But I know one thing that if you unlock the car but do not open any door within 10 seconds, the car gets locked again automatically.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:03   #343
BHPian

Not sure what you mean here. The auto lock feature in Polo works in the following way -
Pull out the key from the slot. Get out of the car. Lock using the remote. Then unlock using the remote but do not open any door. The car will get locked automatically after some time (30 seconds I think).
If you have the key in its slot, the remote is disabled. But you you take out the key from the slot and press lock on the remote while sitting inside the car, it will lock/unlock.
Let me know if this helps.

Quote:
Old 30th November 2010, 15:29   #344
Senior - BHPian

It is clear for me now. So the lock-unlock is a function of whether you open the door in 30 seconds. I raised the question because I used to unlock the car from my room(around 40ft away) by pressing unlock button on key fob. But by the time I reach the car the car from my room it would have been locked again.
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:13   #345
Senior - BHPian

My Polo has completed 6 months of ownership. The odo reads a healthy 7587Km with 75% highway and 25% city usage. My heart is filled with content and satisfaction looking back at the decision of going for Polo.Absolutely niggle free ownership so far. Not even a single visit to the dealer for problems in six months ! The car has been driven through some harsh terrains and still is holding on as it was on the first day.I am yet to hear even a single squeak or rattle.Lot has been said negatively on the forum about the German relaibility, A.S.S experiences etc. But so far so good for me.Also I don't worry too much about those things. I just love my Polo.Everything is secondary. So given a choice I will buy Polo again, this time in white .

I had given detailed reviews in earlier pages, so after six months.. a long term perspective.
The car looks fresh even after 6 months and you will never stop admiring her looks.
The understated elegance will win over lots of hearts.Extremely popular with ladies.
1yr/15K service is a delight. A relief from frequent visits and waste of time at dealerships.
VW logo so far associated in India for premium cars adds lot of snob value.This from my experience.
The car is meant for highways. Extremely good highway manners.Absolute pleasure to drive for long distances.
I have driven it non stop 5 hours in a single stretch with out break. The feel of comfort
and safety you experience inside is commendable.
Extremely good mileage. I got up to 22kmpl with sedate highway driving.
The paint shine is excellent. But some concern on the hardness. It is getting chipped often by stones.
Being one of the early buyers of Polo I am heartened to see the sheer numbers of Polos on road after 6 months. In my native place of Thrissur, Polo sightings easily out number even i20s. this even with out a dealership there.
Attached Thumbnails
Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5559.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks