Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 14:49   #361
Senior - BHPian

I don't think paint warranty covers stone chips. No paint can with stand the chips created by high velocity projectiles launched from under tires of other vehicles.In my case I have 2-3 chips with primer visible. This is the only worrying factor for me. if they can provide some coating to reduce the damage next time, i will be more than happy.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:37   #362
Senior - BHPian

re: Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update

Got an opportunity to check out the VW downtown body shop. While taking out the car from my parking lot the left quarter panel got scratched. The scratch was not deep and I could have lived with it. But being hard to see imperfections on my Polo, decided to get it painted. The estimated time was 2 days. Got the car delivered yesterday. But I was not happy with the finish. The panel had few grainy imperfections and the transition point was clearly noticeable . I strongly communicated my dissatisfaction on the work. They told me to leave the car for a polish today morning. The results were satisfactory to say 80% of my liking. I was happy to see them using quality 3M products for the polish job. The bill came to 2888+tax. Though i was overall impressed with the experience, the workshop is fast becoming a chaotic place with cars flooding the area for service. i had to wait for 1.5 hours to get the traffic cleared and make my way out.
Old 17th December 2010, 16:55   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Got an opportunity to check out the VW downtown body shop. While taking out the car from my parking lot the left quarter panel got scratched. The scratch was not deep and I could have lived with it. But being hard to see imperfections on my Polo, decided to get it painted. The estimated time was 2 days. Got the car delivered yesterday. But I was not happy with the finish. The panel had few grainy imperfections and the transition point was clearly noticeable . I strongly communicated my dissatisfaction on the work. They told me to leave the car for a polish today morning. The results were satisfactory to say 80% of my liking. I was happy to see them using quality 3M products for the polish job. The bill came to 2888+tax. Though i was overall impressed with the experience, the workshop is fast becoming a chaotic place with cars flooding the area for service. i had to wait for 1.5 hours to get the traffic cleared and make my way out.
Hi Poloman - This is the problem with the small scratches. I always keep them as they is. Lets me recognize my car when I park side by side with another Black Polo!!! No - I do not memorize the registration number!!

But seriously, I envy you. Hats off to the way you take care of your car. And I agree with you WRT the inadequate space at the dealership.
Old 17th December 2010, 20:17   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Is it only me that thinks that VW Downtown is getting better?

Last few times I visited, I had to wait over 2 hours just to get the bill.
Old 17th December 2010, 22:59   #365
Senior - BHPian

Chethan, May be I am too finicky. Somehow I do not get peace of mind unless I see the car in mint condition.
nowwhat, VW downtown is like any other dealership, I have visited. Nothing much to rave about. But I find them OK. Seriously suffering from resource and space crunch. Only one SA is running around in a place teaming with scores of cars. They told they are moving most of service activities to state of art workshop on outskirts near Hosur road.Also I was surprised by the quantum of sales happening there. Looking more like a Maruti showroom nowadays crowded with customers.
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:22   #366
Senior - BHPian

i have been filling HP normal petrol in Polo since its arrival and used to get a constant mileage of around 13.3 in city. But due to low fuel, I had to refill last time with Shell super from the nearest pump. But the mileage has decreased to 12.xx ever since. Does this mean filling premium fuel in Polo is not worth? Any experiences?
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:29   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have been filling HP normal petrol in Polo since its arrival and used to get a constant mileage of around 13.3 in city. But due to low fuel, I had to refill last time with Shell super from the nearest pump. But the mileage has decreased to 12.xx ever since. Does this mean filling premium fuel in Polo is not worth? Any experiences?

AFAIK - additives used in premium fuels tend to clog the injectors, if the additives are of poor quality. Regular fuel in any bunk is any day better. Rule is same for any car. I always stick to normal fuel.

Problem can also be with that particular bunk. You can check with a different one. I have heard people saying that fuel in shell bunks are good......
Old 24th December 2010, 00:04   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

One wonders why people ever buy so-called "premium" fuel, when even the manufacturers recommend against it!
Old 6th January 2011, 12:59   #369
Senior - BHPian

The mysterious power window problem in Polo/Vento has surfaced in my car also. Yesterday night the driver side power window went absolutely crazy going uncontrollably up and down. I struggled to keep it shut driving back home on a cold night. But today morning everything is fine as in many other reported cases.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:39   #370
BHPian

Do they have a virus in the software that causes the PW to behave that way on a specific date?
Me too had the same problem day before yesterday evening with the driver side window going crazy.
The temporary solution that I found out (works for my car) is -
After refusing to roll up a few times (possibly 3) the "Auto" roll up function get automatically disabled. It starts behaving like a non-Auto when the window stops rolling the moment you lift your finger from the switch. Then I roll the window up (by keeping the PW button pulled up) till about half a centimeter from the top and keep it that way. That way the wind does not cause a major draught inside the car though the internal temperature falls quite a bit on a chilly night.

Quote:
The mysterious power window problem in Polo/Vento has surfaced in my car also. Yesterday night the driver side power window went absolutely crazy going uncontrollably up and down. I struggled to keep it shut driving back home on a cold night. But today morning everything is fine as in many other reported cases.

Last edited by sadnabrina : 7th January 2011 at 13:40. Reason: Changed the date to "day before yesterday"
Old 7th January 2011, 14:53   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
After refusing to roll up a few times (possibly 3) the "Auto" roll up function get automatically disabled. It starts behaving like a non-Auto when the window stops rolling the moment you lift your finger from the switch. Then I roll the window up (by keeping the PW button pulled up) till about half a centimeter from the top and keep it that way. That way the wind does not cause a major draught inside the car though the internal temperature falls quite a bit on a chilly night.
This is the technique I also finally resorted to. Why on earth this is coming only on driver side PW in all the reported cases?
If this happens, does the windows roll up/down feature on the key fob also fail? I felt so, but could not confirm due to the randomness of the issue.
Old 7th January 2011, 17:18   #372
BHPian

I happen to have checked the remote roll-up as well and it fails.

Quote:
This is the technique I also finally resorted to. Why on earth this is coming only on driver side PW in all the reported cases?
If this happens, does the windows roll up/down feature on the key fob also fail? I felt so, but could not confirm due to the randomness of the issue.
Old 7th January 2011, 17:51   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is definately a software glitch. Try switching off the engine (remove the key) and restart it. It might work like the one with the steering drag.

God should help us if the glass rolls down by itself in the night when parked.

Luckly it has not happened to my car until now. Touch wood!
Old 18th January 2011, 17:21   #374
BHPian

Issue: inside mirror in the night mode

Yesterday I had for the first time opportunity to drive Polo on Highway in the night.

When I toggled the rear view mirror to night mode to my surprise It did not show the full image. I had to adjust it to get the right image. In the morning when I toggled it again to day mode again I had to adjust it to get correct image.

Is this problem also faced by other Polo owners of there is defect in my mirror?
In my previous cars I never faced such problem.

Please respond!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
Old 18th January 2011, 17:27   #375
BHPian

Re: Issue: inside mirror in the night mode

CANPUSH,
No it is not a defect in your mirror. This is the same with all Polo mirrors. Not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Yesterday I had for the first time opportunity to drive Polo on Highway in the night.

When I toggled the rear view mirror to night mode to my surprise It did not show the full image. I had to adjust it to get the right image. In the morning when I toggled it again to day mode again I had to adjust it to get correct image.

Is this problem also faced by other Polo owners of there is defect in my mirror?
In my previous cars I never faced such problem.

Please respond!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif

@Chetan,
The "Reboot" option does not work.
IMHO that the window will not roll down by itself at night because the roll down action is triggered only when you are rolling it up (auto or manual). Once rolled up it never rolled down by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This is definately a software glitch. Try switching off the engine (remove the key) and restart it. It might work like the one with the steering drag.

God should help us if the glass rolls down by itself in the night when parked.

Luckly it has not happened to my car until now. Touch wood!

Last edited by sadnabrina : 18th January 2011 at 17:31. Reason: Added multiquote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks