Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 00:03   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck3R
Guys, Read the whole thread almost and other similar ownership threads. I've booked 1.2 trendline as I did not have enough moolah for highline and comfortline were not VFM compared to trendline.

I have some concerns and questions. I hope to get the answers from all POLO owners and experts.

Concerns:
I had planned to Hyundai Accent but my father insisted on POLO. SO I had no other option. I hadn't test driven the POLO or Accent yet. But heard Accent has bigger engine so obviously it would have been a great VFM. anyways, I am trying to get over that. Finally test drove the POLO. As soon as I released the clutch while driving my first question to the SP was "Is it diesel?" He said its petrol. I was like.. what?? The car felt heavily underpowered. I have been driving Original Waogn R (1100 CC) for over 6-7 years now. All I can say is the Wagon R till date has better pickup compared to POLO. Not sure about running in thing.. but I read others also observed the same issue. Is this true? Will this car live up to my expectations. I would like to have a better car compared to my existing one.. in terms of performance at least.

e.
Hey buddy, I m really at a loss to know when you say wagon r has better pickup than polo! You may be right for the first 10-20 meter race, but not beyond. Congrats you booked one, trust me you will be very happy and you will clarify all your doubts as soon as the polo is in your hands. You will not go back to wagon r guaranteed
Old 26th August 2011, 10:43   #467
BHPian

Re: Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update

Going for delivery today guys
Old 26th August 2011, 12:42   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck3R
Going for delivery today guys
Congrats !!! Please keep us posted
Old 29th August 2011, 23:20   #469
Senior - BHPian

Can some one check the anti pinch protection in power windows works in Polo after software updates done during first service or otherwise? I was shocked to see my daughter's hand being pushed up by the glass. But by God's grace nothing happened. This feature used to work very well before. There were some complaints of Power window malfunctioning. Looks like they have tweaked the anti pinch feature to correct this.
Old 30th August 2011, 03:14   #470
BHPian

Hey guys my red polo has arrived, nice pliant ride. But there is one issue I noticed was the sound from the drivetrain while you press the clutch especially while reversing! Is this normal or should I get it checked?
Old 30th August 2011, 08:30   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj
Hey guys my red polo has arrived, nice pliant ride. But there is one issue I noticed was the sound from the drivetrain while you press the clutch especially while reversing! Is this normal or should I get it checked?
Congrats, while pressing the clutch or while engaging the reverse? Which version of polo you got? Congrats
Old 30th August 2011, 09:15   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Can some one check the anti pinch protection in power windows works in Polo after software updates done during first service or otherwise? I was shocked to see my daughter's hand being pushed up by the glass. But by God's grace nothing happened. This feature used to work very well before. There were some complaints of Power window malfunctioning. Looks like they have tweaked the anti pinch feature to correct this.
Oh my god! That's terrible. Hope she did not get injured.
My anit pinch was working till a few weeks back, havent checked lately. The glass stops and rolls down only when it reaches the top such that the obstruction occupies the remaining space between the glass and the top edge of the window/door.
Old 30th August 2011, 09:16   #473
BHPian

I have a petrol 1.2 trendline. Its more of a judder and happens when I press the clutch and even more pronounced when reversing. Forward movement is fine!
Old 30th August 2011, 10:15   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina
Oh my god! That's terrible. Hope she did not get injured.
My anit pinch was working till a few weeks back, havent checked lately. The glass stops and rolls down only when it reaches the top such that the obstruction occupies the remaining space between the glass and the top edge of the window/door.
Yea please get it checked
Old 30th August 2011, 22:24   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
I have a petrol 1.2 trendline. Its more of a judder and happens when I press the clutch and even more pronounced when reversing. Forward movement is fine!
Please get it checked. It might be a minor issue with the clutch play adjustment. But my worry is - judders are often caused by worn out clutch. How many Kms have you driven?
Old 31st August 2011, 01:26   #476
Senior - BHPian

Had a question for the polo owners. Since you get your car serviced every 1 year or 15 thousand kilometres, do you guys clean the air filter in between at 3 to 4 thousand intervals or is it never touched before the 15 thousand service ?

I am asking because in Indian climate an air filter easily gets clogged in 3 to 4 thousand kilometres which adversely effects the engine response, rev happiness, top speed and mileage.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:03   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Had a question for the polo owners. Since you get your car serviced every 1 year or 15 thousand kilometres, do you guys clean the air filter in between at 3 to 4 thousand intervals or is it never touched before the 15 thousand service ?

I am asking because in Indian climate an air filter easily gets clogged in 3 to 4 thousand kilometres which adversely effects the engine response, rev happiness, top speed and mileage.
Yes.

I get the air-filter cleaned and all fluid levels checked every 7500 Kms. For diesel Polo, that is when we need to top-up engine oil by about 500ml.

More than this may not be needed. Other-wise, manufacturer may have recommended. Also, because of the monsoon check-up / summer camp ...etc, these checks are done invariably on most cars.
Old 31st August 2011, 22:16   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Checked, I believe its not present in TL so cannot be of much help to you in this case. It`s scary, at least in this case, to blindly trust technology!

Did you check with the dealership?
They are better informed to update you in this case I believe.
However, as per my conversation and understanding as per interactions with dealership SAs - they themselves are not 100% sure what is the cause of power window issue in Polo and how it is resolved (?).

They install some software/upgrades etc as per advise by VW (this is my understanding, please update if anyone has additional information on this).

BTW whatever upgrades etc they did to resolve p/w issue, the problem still exists, so in this case, it might not be related to the upgrade done during 01st paid service, it may be an isolated incident or an exception, unfortunately in your case.

IMO, its best to check with the dealer and share your feedback on the issue. All the best and hope you have a quick resolution
Old 3rd September 2011, 16:30   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum

I never touched the car till the end of first year, however in my case it had run less than 8000 KM. Did not notice any issues. I do not remember seeing any manufacturer-prescribed cleaning before 1year.
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:25   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I never touched the car till the end of first year, however in my case it had run less than 8000 KM. Did not notice any issues. I do not remember seeing any manufacturer-prescribed cleaning before 1year.
Indian climate conditions warrant an air filter clean up every 3 to 4 thousand kilometer's. Check out the condition of your air filter after 3 to 4 thousand kilometers. I ll be dusty and will be lowering your pickup/top speed and mileage. An easy breathing engine is more efficient in every department.

Most Viewed