Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 09:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

I may have to agree with Chetan on this. i won't call it hard/tight. But due to the placement and play it is slightly uncomfortable to use.
Old 9th June 2010, 18:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

The car had a nice bath in the rains.
I am not sure on this. But the noise of rain falling on the roof was little louder and tinny for me compared to my zen.
The car got fitted with number plate, door sil plates and additional rubber mats.
As some one had commented, after putting the rubber mat the clutch has become a little easier to operate.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:14   #78
BHPian

Just wanted to enquire does integrated music system comes with a remote control?
Old 9th June 2010, 19:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

No way Steve. It's plain and basic.

Last edited by poloman : 9th June 2010 at 19:16.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:21   #80
BHPian

Now thats really bad! No controls on stearing and not even a remote control
Old 9th June 2010, 21:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that is a little primitive.
Steve, how is your car doing? How much it has run now?
Old 9th June 2010, 22:10   #82
BHPian

Amazing pics Poloman. No remote for the music system is not a problem, I believe. I have one in my car but it has been resting in the glove box since ages. Of course it must be useful for passengers in the rear, but we never needed it ever.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:28   #83
BHPian

hey poloman, congrats on your buy the car looks smashingly in red. I have been following your post since I had booked my POLO and got approved finally. Its been two months waiting in and another one to go, poor me. Nice to see good feedback from POLO owner at last after so much of striking rumors that too after paying booking amount. Between, could you let me know the clutch position is that bad even after two mats as you have mentioned in earlier posts.
Old 10th June 2010, 07:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

@infantarian, Even I am not much bothered about the remote or steering mounted controls, since i rarely play with ICE when i drive. I normally set to one frequency and forget about it.
@Subaro, I have completed 250Km and perfectly happy with my decision on going for Polo.Good mileage, No niggles or squeaks, no quality issues, no follow up trips to service centre.Completely happy with the ownership so far.This German beauty is built to last.
After 2 mats there is slight improvement in ease of clutch usage.

Last edited by poloman : 10th June 2010 at 07:30.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

Poloman, Manual says that the ODO will automatically be reset to Zero after 9,999kms. If true, this becomes a nuisance - Right? Can this be a print mistake?

Are you planing for a trip during weekend? Enjoy!!
Old 11th June 2010, 08:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, Even I have seen this in the manual and confused. 9999 can never be an appropriate reset figure for long term trip memory. I don't think Germans will commit a print mistake either.
How are you taking care of the car? Do you wash the car daily? Any ideas on a good upholstery cleaner?
Old 11th June 2010, 08:46   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Even I have seen this in the manual and confused. 9999 can never be an appropriate reset figure for long term trip memory. I don't think Germans will commit a print mistake either.
How are you taking care of the car? Do you wash the car daily? Any ideas on a good upholstery cleaner?
I think one 9 is missed in print. Otherwise...

I wash on every Monday morning with shampoo. That is it.

Upholstery cleaner - no idea - but plenty of them available. - have a look at 3M Scotch guard.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:52   #88
BHPian

Chetan, I suggest you get yourself a jopasu duster and microfibre towel/glove kit. Washing with water+shampoo every week may be an overkill & damaging to the paint shine over the long run. Dusting off with the Jopasu duster on a totally dry surface will keep the shine. Once every 3-4 days, post the dusting, just wipe the body with a damp microfiber towel (ensure to wring out all excess water)...this will take care of all stubborn/sticky spots/dirt.

Ensure to give a wax polish every 3/4 months (should cost about 600-800) by a professional detailing center (Carz Spa) is a good choice.

I saw that you have bought a chamois leather - in my experience, the microfibre will be a better choice...the chamois take a lot of extra effort, and since it sticks to the surface, if one is not carefull in removing dust particles, chances on getting scratch marks are high. On the other hand, the dust particles are trapped inside the microfibre cloth.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:24   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay,Jopasu is highly recommended. This, from my own experience. But will it clean dirt splashed in rains and has got dried up.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:39   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Sanjay,Jopasu is highly recommended. This, from my own experience. But will it clean dirt splashed in rains and has got dried up.
Nope...it will only clean loose/fine dust. Since you guys are from BLR, am assuming you face frequent rains, and as such, mud/dirt gets deposited near the bottom parts of vehicles frequently. To remove such mud, I splash some quantity of water with a small mug, let the mud get wet and loose, and then brush it off with a soft nylon-bristled brush, taking care to not rub the brush but move it from one end to other in a single wipe motion. Post this, again wipe off the area with a damp cloth.

I always keep a water spayer bottle (the kind used in barber shops & avlbl at nilgiri stores etc) and some soft clothes in the boot. This is used to quickly wipe off any mud/dirt asap without letting it dry. Of course, not possible to do it at all times, but most of the times I manage to do as soon as I come back home.

Most Viewed