Senior - BHPian

OK Chetan, I will call it a design overkill from VW
Old 15th June 2010, 08:28   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
OK Chetan, I will call it a design overkill from VW
Good one!

I heard that some of the Merc has a similar design?? Is this design specific to Germany? I can not think of any advantage with it. I also have to find out the logic behind ODO ......
Old 15th June 2010, 11:04   #123

I test drove the Polo a couple of months back. Great car, but the only thing I didn't like was the 1.2L Engine ... felt a bit underpowered. Waiting for the 1.4/1.6L Petrol Variants.

Also an Auto-Trans would be great for Indian traffic!

Amit
Old 15th June 2010, 19:33   #124
Senior - BHPian

I am totally appalled at the plight of a person who love his car in a place like India. Even in city like Bangalore I am unable to procure the car care products I badly need. I walked down to Mission road today in search of an upholstery cleaner, some 3M products and few microfiber clothes. I was literally depressed by the ignorance of sales people in the shops. I was told that 3M scotchgard is banned in India. Any truth in this? No one even had a good quality upholstery cleaner. The cloth they claimed as microfiber towels was pathetic. My old t-shirt cloth was better than that. When will a day come in India where a car lover can shop and choose his products just like in US.
After coming back I read a thread where a brand new Audi A4 was manhandled by Reliance Autozone while installing the sun film. When will these people start respecting the owner's sentiments? Even a premium car is treated with such disdain.!

Last edited by poloman : 15th June 2010 at 19:40.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:19   #125
BHPian

Quote:
I am totally appalled at the plight of a person who love his car in a place like India. Even in city like Bangalore I am unable to procure the car care products I badly need. I walked down to Mission road today in search of an upholstery cleaner, some 3M products and few microfiber clothes. I was literally depressed by the ignorance of sales people in the shops. I was told that 3M scotchgard is banned in India. Any truth in this? No one even had a good quality upholstery cleaner. The cloth they claimed as microfiber towels was pathetic. My old t-shirt cloth was better than that. When will a day come in India where a car lover can shop and choose his products just like in US.
After coming back I read a thread where a brand new Audi A4 was manhandled by Reliance Autozone while installing the sun film. When will these people start respecting the owner's sentiments? Even a premium car is treated with such disdain.!
Visited 2 shops in Delhi , unable to find Jopasu duster. After seeing your quote lost hope for Upholstery cleaner and microfibre as well :-(

Last edited by steve82 : 15th June 2010 at 20:20. Reason: *
Old 15th June 2010, 20:50   #126
Senior - BHPian

Steve, Jopasu is not availale in shops, if I am right. Get it from ebay.
eBay India: Jopasu Gift Pack (Small) (item 110543305739 end time 07-Jul-2010 10:38:29 IST)
Old 15th June 2010, 21:28   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that 3M scotchgard is banned in India. Any truth in this?
Oddly, it does not seem to be on the 3m-India site. Much of their care stuff, like interior protection, seems to be aimed at the detailing market, not the end user. Maybe they don't retail it here?
Old 15th June 2010, 23:32   #128
BHPian

Anyone booked Polo 1.6?

Has anyone in the forum booked the Polo 1.6? I have booked one yesterday and was told that I am the first (idiot? ) to book the 1.6 in Kolkata by the lone dealership here. They are expecting the first lot to be delivered by end Aug / early Sept.
I drove both the petrol and diesel 1.2 and felt that the ride and handling department was good enough for a larger and more powerful engine. The TD 1.6 car is expected to be available at the dealership by end July when I can get the first drive. I took a chance by booking it now - either i will be the first owner of the hottest hatch in Kolkata else I will loose some money if I don't like the TD and cancel the booking.

My current car is a nearly 5 yr old (Aug 05) Swift Vxi 1.3 done 70K KM and fitted with K&N stock and 185/60 R14 tyres. It has started showing age (suspension, body, rattles etc) though the engine and transmission is still good to go for another 70K KM. It still reaches 140 kmph whenever pushed without complaining.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:54   #129
BHPian

Quote:
eBay India: Jopasu Gift Pack (Small) (item 110543305739 end time 07-Jul-2010 10:38:29 IST)
Thanks... Also i was told by VW guys that i cannot get Fog lamps installed in CL. Thats not good. They are saying the wiring is done only in HL and not possible in CL. Can you please confirm.

Also , i'm planning to get the wheel alignment done as i feel a noticible drift towards left during a steering-free run.. will visit a service centre this week end! I hope it will be done free
Old 16th June 2010, 03:21   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Thanks... Also i was told by VW guys that i cannot get Fog lamps installed in CL. Thats not good. They are saying the wiring is done only in HL and not possible in CL. Can you please confirm.
You have got to be kidding me - So if someone does not buy the highline version he/she should kiss the fog lamps goodbye? That's ridiculous!
Old 16th June 2010, 07:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

@sadnabrina; Are you sure of 1.6L hatch being available in Aug? Now that Polo sedan is getting launched not much is heard of 1.6 hatch.
Steve, that is bad. VW and dealers should get rid of their rigid attitude and try to help out customers. Same thing applies to third party ICE installation.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:11   #132
BHPian

Quote:

Also , i'm planning to get the wheel alignment done as i feel a noticible drift towards left during a steering-free run.. will visit a service centre this week end! I hope it will be done free
When i went for TD for POLO, SP here in south delhi did tell that fog lamps can be fitted in comfortline and slots are already provided in the front. It must be same as in all cars which don't come with factory fitted fog lamps. I wonder the dealer would have made excuse for not operating the car at this juncture.
Old 16th June 2010, 11:52   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice gift pack Poloman! I will be pleased to accept it!! High hopes??

Quote:
Ask for chamois cloth. It is available for 150 bucks. That is same as the magic cloth shown with Jopasu.

3M - scotch guard is banned? For what? That is surprising. Seat really gets dirty very fast. We need to do something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Has anyone in the forum booked the Polo 1.6? I have booked one yesterday and was told that I am the first (idiot? ) to book the 1.6 in Kolkata by the lone dealership here. They are expecting the first lot to be delivered by end Aug / early Sept.
I drove both the petrol and diesel 1.2 and felt that the ride and handling department was good enough for a larger and more powerful engine. The TD 1.6 car is expected to be available at the dealership by end July when I can get the first drive. I took a chance by booking it now - either i will be the first owner of the hottest hatch in Kolkata else I will loose some money if I don't like the TD and cancel the booking.

My current car is a nearly 5 yr old (Aug 05) Swift Vxi 1.3 done 70K KM and fitted with K&N stock and 185/60 R14 tyres. It has started showing age (suspension, body, rattles etc) though the engine and transmission is still good to go for another 70K KM. It still reaches 140 kmph whenever pushed without complaining.
Congrats!! I was also told that the car will be launched in Sept. Do not worry. If VW announces, they will definitely launch! But they may not have cars to deliver - That is another matter!!!

Quote:

As a thumb rule, we just need to make sure that the wires are not cut. If this can be achieved, we can add any accessory with out any problem.

Please give your feedback after wheel alignment. I also want to get it checked.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:14   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Ask for chamois cloth. It is available for 150 bucks. That is same as the magic cloth shown with Jopasu.
Chamois is different stuff altogether - it is made up of sheep skin...what Jopasu claims as magic cloth is nothing but normal microfibre cloth, but of good quality.

Genuine chamois will be far costly, will take much greater effort to clean since it has a tendency to stick to the surface, and should only be used over highly polished/waxed surface. Unlike microfibre cloth, which can be used to clean dusty surface, chamois is supposed to be used on squeaky clean water-wet surface - its only job is to soak/absorb water without leaving any streaks. Very difficult to maintain - even mild usage of soap etc will destroy the leather.

Beware of cheap chamois - they might by synthetic one.

Chamois leather - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 16th June 2010, 12:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Beware of cheap chamois - they might by synthetic one.
I have a synthetic one!! Jopasu link posted by poloman also mentions about Microfiber Chamois. Is this not the same?

What is the problem with synthetic Chamois?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks