Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 13:30   #16
BHPian

Congrats Poloman! The car looks fantastic. I see fog lamps, so that's the Highline version.

Does the Trendline version come with similar keys?
Old 5th June 2010, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Poloman, so the Poloman remains Poloman and didnt turn Figoman.ehhhh.

Why did you post the pictures of the key fobs..I feel envy.

Anyways the car looks great and I love those foglight! Nice summary of your overall experience.

Take care and Drive Safe.
Gaurav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
VW, thanks for treating us like first world citizens, without charging us the 'Honda-way'
and I bet most of us these days in urban cities lead a much better life than an average citizen of a so called "first world country".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Don't call this cost cutting by others. Please understand the fact that VW isn't giving the remote for free. You get what you pay for.
A honda civic costing about 13 lac does not get remote in both the keys. I believe 13 lac is more than enough for a car as good as civic. There may be other OEMs doing the same thing, but I quoted civic because my cousin has it and I know about it. So nothing specific to this otherwise fantastic car.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th June 2010 at 14:00.
Old 5th June 2010, 14:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Second batch of pictures. Polo resting in his home. I don't have a good camera and the lighting is poor in the basement. So bear with the quality of pictures. I will post more pictures in proper day light soon. My eyes always search for attention to details. So posting some pictures of the User manual neatly packed and glossy printing. No chinese maal this one..!
Attached Thumbnails
Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5477.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5478.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5483.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5484.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5481.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5482.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5473.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5474.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5475.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5485.jpg  

Last edited by poloman : 5th June 2010 at 14:35.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics my friend. Specially the first one where Polo is resting in his home. The car looks smashing in red. everything about Polo looks rich.

Congrats and happy driving.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 5th June 2010 at 16:26.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Poloman!! I was eagerly waiting for your thread. The car looks sizzling red hot!
The key fob is the same as Jetta/Passat. Wow! How do you operated the windows remotely?
BTW, your user manual has just Polo written on it. While the one that I saw had Polo, Golf, Beetle, etc. on it. Seemed like it was a common User manual for most VW cars in Europe.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats poloman. It would have sounded a bit weird to have a poloman own a Figo

Is that the top end (What is it called!!)? Real good interiors. I think those silver accents give it a classy look. Loved the simple meter console.

I've been asking this on many polo threads. Could you please post a few pics of the open door. I see that the B pillar is not covered by the door metal. So what actually hold the window glasses?
Old 5th June 2010, 18:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats poloman on your new ride.
I will be watching your thread with interest. We are looking to buy a car this diwali and my wife has taken a liking to the Polo.

I am still sitting on the bench as far its features and performance goes.

Have fun!
Old 5th June 2010, 18:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys.
I know gemi you are after it and you won't leave it So here are the pictures to clear your doubts.
The Polo front door is having odd shape. Very people have noticed this. But the second picture will make things clear. There is concealed metal support for B pillar
Attached Thumbnails
Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5486.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-100_5487.jpg  

Last edited by poloman : 5th June 2010 at 18:55.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:11   #24
BHPian

Congrats Poloman! Wishing you many happy miles.

That door design seems quite unique..any other hatch/sedan has it like this? Any risk becos of the sharp pointed edge?
Old 5th June 2010, 19:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay, I have not seen such a design in any other car and does not have any clue why it is done like this. But it is not as sharp as seen in the photo. So not a safety hazard.
Some points to remember for all new Polo customers
1) If you want to open the fuel cap. You have to unlock the car. Other wise the lid won't open. Unlock the car and press on the lid to open.
2) To close the bonnet, you need to bang it down with a HEAVY heart. Otherwise simply it won't close.
3) The average fuel consumption in MID will work only after 100Km. till then it will show .. ..
4) The back light of the ICE unit will come on only if you switch on the parking light or headlight.

Problems have cropped up during registration. The RTO inspector in the area (KR Puram) insisted on seeing the vehicle during inspection. So need to drive down to KR puram RTO on Monday. This should be the ideal case for all the cars. But in most cases inspection is restricted to the money.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Thanks guys.
I know gemi you are after it and you won't leave it So here are the pictures to clear your doubts.
The Polo front door is having odd shape. Very people have noticed this. But the second picture will make things clear. There is concealed metal support for B pillar
At Last!! I think this was the 3rd or 4th time i asked for this.

Thanks a lot. I was wondering how those windows could stay on those beadings
Old 5th June 2010, 19:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

congrats poloman - your polo looks AWESOME.
Going by the pics, I would describe the car as a no nonsense chunky metallic beast!!
Old 5th June 2010, 20:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Small correction in my previous post one extra 'K' is there. It should read:
The average fuel consumption in MID will work only after 100m. till then it will show .. ..
The maneuverability in tight corners is still an issue particularly for people migrating from small cars. The head rest at the back is aggravating the problem.
Forgot to mention, there were some discussions that the last few digits of VIN indicates the number of the car coming out of the plant. Going by that mine is the 2990th car from Chakan plant. So Polo sales are well above 3000 now.

Last edited by poloman : 5th June 2010 at 20:23.
Old 5th June 2010, 23:10   #29
BHPian

Congrats Poloman !

Car luks simply awesome. Just wanted to enquire about the sound quality of the integrated stero, and one of my pal told me that it is a 6 CD changer, is it?

Are you looking for a USB option ?

Lastli, how about Multi-display, does the fuel effeciency meter reflect accurate numbers?
Old 5th June 2010, 23:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Steve. The sound quality of the ICE is quite ordinary in my opinion, Partly, may be due to bad speakers. I don't think it can be a 6 CD changer. I will update on the fuel efficieny only after a long drive. I would have loved USB option. But I don't think any options are available.
I will update on the fuel efficieny only after a long drive.

Just found out from the manual. Press and hold locking or unlocking keys on the key fob to close or open all the power windows. This was the feature I was looking forward. Tomorrow I will try this out and update.

Last edited by poloman : 5th June 2010 at 23:19.

Most Viewed