Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 12:40   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I have a synthetic one!! Jopasu link posted by poloman also mentions about Microfiber Chamois. Is this not the same?
No chance! Link by poloman is not accessible currently (server busy error)..but as per Jopasu website, though it is mentioned microfibre chamois, it is simply misleading. If the picture beside it is correct,
(Jopasu Car Care Products India ) , this is nothing but a plain vanilla microfibre cloth - good quality though - I have been using it for past few months now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G
What is the problem with synthetic Chamois?
Nothing except the difference between genuine and knock-offs. No idea if the water absorption quality will be better or worse on a synthetic one - never used synthetic ones. Have used imported genuine leather chamois quite a few times...but the cost and effort required is phenomenal.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:36   #137
Senior - BHPian

The microfiber cloth from Jopasu is of high quality. Wipe your car clean. Wash the towel in mild detergent and it is as good as new. Jopasu duster can clean your car nicely so long as it does not rain.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:24   #138
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on your purcahse Poloman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
OK Chetan, I will call it a design overkill from VW
It sure is. Try explaining this to your daily car cleaning bhaiya. I am sure this - would be his immediate reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Has anyone in the forum booked the Polo 1.6? I have booked one yesterday and was told that I am the first (idiot? ) to book the 1.6 in Kolkata by the lone dealership here. They are expecting the first lot to be delivered by end Aug / early Sept.
Congratulations. Do you have the Pricing details? If yes, would request you to share the details please. Thanks.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:30   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Congratulations. Do you have the Pricing details? If yes, would request you to share the details please. Thanks.
The Kolkata onroad is expected to be around Rs 7.3L for 1.6 HL. However that is a gestimate by the dealer since VW has not released official pricing. Can't accurately back calculate the ExShowroom from this. However the insurance and RT/Registration for 1.2 HL is aournd 59K and going by that you can expect the ExShowroom for 1.6 HL to be around Rs 6.7L. That would make it 90K more than 1.2 HL.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:09   #140
Senior - BHPian

Is the antenna in the polo retractable. I had bought a body cover for 2000 change. But unable to use it due to the antenna.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:43   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Is the antenna in the polo retractable. I had bought a body cover for 2000 change. But unable to use it due to the antenna.
Press and hold the light knob on the "on" position for three seconds while simultaneously putting wiper to "intermittent".

Seriously, if the manual doesnt say you can retract it, why would it? Even the top end cars have integrated antennas. I think retractable has gone the way of the dodo, or at least the Maruti 800.

=)
Old 17th June 2010, 14:33   #142
Senior - BHPian

Then I have to put a hole in the car cover for the antenna.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:45   #143
Senior - BHPian

My experience with polo for the last two weeks of ownership in a nutshell for the new readers.
What I like
1) Absolutely no niggles or squeaks. Build quality speaks volumes.
2) Excellent ground clearance. No bottoming out so far.
3) MID with all the data you need to know on the move.
4) Excellent mileage even in congested city like Bangalore. Highest 17.1 and lowest 11.3 so far. Average is 13.4. All data from MID.
5) Cool feature of opening and closing the windows with the remote.
6) Nice cooling from the a/c.
7) Unmatched fit and finish. Hard to find a panel gap.
8) Looks that turn heads everywhere I take the car.
What I dislike
1)Average engine. I still love my Zen for peppiness.
2)Crappy seat height adjust. Not able to find a comfortable seating position even now.
3)High placed clutch adds to my problem.
Verdict
Completely happy. Go for it if you want to stand out from the crowd.

Last edited by poloman : 17th June 2010 at 15:56.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

Old Zen is actually a gem of a car. I bought a new BEAT and its no way near Zen when it comes to driving pleasure. Be it the engine performance, be it the handling or road visibility.

Just A few questions for you.
How do you rate the handling of this car compared to Figo, swift, Zen or Punto? (If driven)
What about the steering feedback?
And are the dealerships and service centers better than SKODA?
Old 17th June 2010, 19:47   #145
BHPian

Quote:
My experience with polo for the last two weeks of ownership in a nutshell for the new readers.
What I like
1) Absolutely no niggles or squeaks. Build quality speaks volumes.
2) Excellent ground clearance. No bottoming out so far.
3) MID with all the data you need to know on the move.
4) Excellent mileage even in congested city like Bangalore. Highest 17.1 and lowest 11.3 so far. Average is 13.4. All data from MID.
5) Cool feature of opening and closing the windows with the remote.
6) Nice cooling from the a/c.
7) Unmatched fit and finish. Hard to find a panel gap.
8) Looks that turn heads everywhere I take the car.
What I dislike
1)Average engine. I still love my Zen for peppiness.
2)Crappy seat height adjust. Not able to find a comfortable seating position even now.
3)High placed clutch adds to my problem.
Verdict
Completely happy. Go for it if you want to stand out from the crowd.
Great Poloman, tell me did you check the FE now with tank fill to tank empty way? How was the FE that way?
Old 18th June 2010, 08:59   #146
Senior - BHPian

Oxyzen, even I become extremely pragmatic when I talk about my zen. This car has given me the ultimate driving pleasure in the cars which I have driven so far.The only concern for me was the lack of safety features and the ultra poor city mileage.
Handling of Polo is better than Zen. Other cars I have not extensively driven.
Steering feedback is adequate not as direct as Zen.
It is too early to comment on the dealerships, but so far I have no complaints other than the waiting period.
Carfantaic007, I have not filled the tank for a second time, Still around half of the tank is full. will let you know the figures once I go for refill.

Last edited by poloman : 18th June 2010 at 09:12.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:33   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oxyzen, even I become extremely pragmatic when I talk about my zen. This car has given me the ultimate driving pleasure in the cars which I have driven so far.The only concern for me was the lack of safety features and the ultra poor city mileage.
Mileage was pretty decent in ZEN. I get 15-16 in city with 25% AC.
And I think it is difficult for polo to produce better figures. Since it has a bigger engine and a higher Kerb weight.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:36   #148
Senior - BHPian

Not sure which model you have. Mine is a 1993 Carb model. It drinks petrol like anything returning a poor 8-9Kmpl. Polo gives me a healthy 12-13.5 in city.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:35   #149
BHPian

Hi
Neatly written review. Congratulations on your buy. All the best for adding many more miles on your drive. Cheers.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:22   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
To lift the front wind shield wipers - mainly on the driver side, wipers should be parked in the service mode. To do this, turn on the ignition on and then turn it off. Later, just depress the wiper lever once (Clock wise). Wipers will move and stop in the service position. Remove the key, and now, you can lift the wiper to clean it. After cleaning, put back the wiper in position before inserting the ignition key. (Explained in User-Manual, Page 92)

This is very easy. I have done it couple of times.
Will it be a problem when sales pamphlets are stuck by boys while parked in a public place? They usually lift the wipers a little and place the pamphlets under the wipers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks