Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 12:21   #151
Senior - BHPian

This can give you endless problems. Car wash guys, Petrol bunk windscreen cleaners. pamphlet guys and even untrained service guys can inflict the damage. i am very unhappy that the SP did not brief this major feature/bug at the delivery time.

Last edited by poloman : 18th June 2010 at 12:25.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:28   #152
BHPian

poloman - does the rear window roll down completely; or only half-way like in figo?
Old 18th June 2010, 13:02   #153
Senior - BHPian

Half way like Figo. Typical of most European cars.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:45   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Not sure which model you have. Mine is a 1993 Carb model. It drinks petrol like anything returning a poor 8-9Kmpl. Polo gives me a healthy 12-13.5 in city.
mine too is a 1994 carb. Something's definately wrong here.
Good to know polo is returning 13. Figures will surely improve later on. Try taking the polo in higher RPMs. I guess it will be more responsive there. (mind the running in)
Old 18th June 2010, 16:01   #155
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Polo is more responsive at higher rpms. But not putting too much pressure due to run in. The low mileage in Zen may be due to my driving style. In zen my driving style changes drastically. The same car returns a healthy 18 on highways.
One thing the two cars have in common is butter smooth gearing. I can assure you that the gearing cannot get any better than what is there in Polo, in any other car of its class.

Last edited by poloman : 18th June 2010 at 16:10.
Old 18th June 2010, 20:13   #156
BHPian

Its three and half months now I am still waiting for my Polo Highline (Petrol) from VW Pune.

First promise was second or third week of May.

Next Promise was second week of June.

Latest promise is between 5th and 11th July.

I am bored and considering - was it wrong decision to book Polo?
Old 19th June 2010, 00:07   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Its three and half months now I am still waiting for my Polo Highline (Petrol) from VW Pune.

I'm sure it wasn't a wrong decision to book the Polo. Once you get it, you'll surely find all the waiting worth it.
I had booked my Polo on 21st April and was guaranteed delivery by july end. But now the SP is saying it would come by August end!
I'm actually fine with it since by that time the rains will subside and I won't have to worry about my car being a victim of another deluge. My area is prone to floods.
Old 19th June 2010, 06:28   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post

While it is not a wrong decision, I still think that VW should pay a price (like cancellations etc.) for making people wait this long. Waiting 4 months for a premium hatchback is abysmal customer service compared to the competition (the i20 and Punto are available for a max. of 3 weeks).

In fact a proper example would be the way Ford has done things. Although they too got caught out by the number of bookings, they have more or less remained on track with deliveries (starting a second shift too).

Anyway, good luck with the car delivery, I hope it arrives soon.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Canpush, I would say you should base your decision on the fact, how badly you need the new car. I know the waiting is very unforgiving. But in my case the 3.5 month wait helped me buy the car with out any loan. Also I had my Zen as the back up. So I was not put in much inconvenience.
Also if you have some other car in the mind as a close second choice, you can give that a try.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:12   #160
BHPian

Fog Lamps

Finally VW has agreed for Fog lamps in Polo-CL. But 1month waiting for Fog lamps as well.

Cost - 3800*2 = 7600/-
Cable and Connectors = 600/-

Still waiting for an impressive Chrome Strip Edge protectors. No one has a Chrome grill for Air Damp in Delhi.

I'm getting FE of 12-13 in City with AC 100% on. I go by the Tank full-empty method.

Last edited by steve82 : 19th June 2010 at 14:13. Reason: *
Old 19th June 2010, 19:59   #161
BHPian

@poloman : Congratulations on your POLO. I was following T-BHP and you were one of the members I was awaiting ownership report eagerly, it`s good to see your thread sharing information regarding the car.

@steve : Good to see that VW has allowed Fog Lamps in CL. Hopefully they would do the same for TL as well. When I booked my car in Apr`10, I was told that VW has yet to allow fitting FogLamps other than HL, so finally its true now. The price also looks to be the same I was told when I enquired about the spare parts just before giving my booking amt cheque.
Old 20th June 2010, 00:37   #162
BHPian

Just wondering, does highline have 4 speakers on all the four doors or just 2 on the front doors?

Reason I was prompted to ask you all this is because Polo Configurator on site provides you an option of 2 rear speakers as an extra optional accessory item, and if they are already providing 4 speakers then they wouldn't have been providing this option...

Poloman & CBG, your take on this?
Old 20th June 2010, 00:59   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Canpush, I would say you should base your decision on the fact, how badly you need the new car. I know the waiting is very unforgiving. But in my case the 3.5 month wait helped me buy the car with out any loan. Also I had my Zen as the back up. So I was not put in much inconvenience.
Also if you have some other car in the mind as a close second choice, you can give that a try.
I too agree with Poloman that more waiting helps reduce loan amount but my major worry is that even the 3-4 month waiting period should not turn to 5-6 months !!

I am also considering SX4 now as good discounts are on for the same but it is a bit over budget, will pay a visit to VW dealer tomorrow and try to find out the current scenario. Also I read somewhere that VW is trying to increase the production but does anyone know when will that happen?
Old 20th June 2010, 01:21   #164
BHPian

Its the same old story everywhere, the delivery of car is being delayed. I wonder if the car is not that much great why there are so much booking.
Old 20th June 2010, 02:44   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Finally VW has agreed for Fog lamps in Polo-CL. But 1month waiting for Fog lamps as well.

Cost - 3800*2 = 7600/-
Cable and Connectors = 600/-

Still waiting for an impressive Chrome Strip Edge protectors. No one has a Chrome grill for Air Damp in Delhi.

I'm getting FE of 12-13 in City with AC 100% on. I go by the Tank full-empty method.

Good fuel efficiency figures, bound to go up with the engine settling down.
The fog lamps cost a packet! Does that include the labour as well (doesn't seem so)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks