Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 19:02   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats mueen for the white beauty. White polos are becoming quite popular in Bangalore. I simply love the classic look of the car in white. You will get good mileage if you follow the standard fuel saving driving practices. In highways cruise around 60-70 to get excellent figures.
Thanks poloman. I had a tough time deciding between the white and the red beauty but ultimately settled for the white because I intend keeping the car for a loooooong long time and was afraid I'll get tired of the red soon... but White is an every green colour,doesn't look as dashing as the red though. Will post pics as soon as I get my car!!
Mine is a Trendline so I have started doing my homework on the ICE!
Old 12th August 2010, 17:58   #287
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mueensait View Post
Thanks poloman. I had a tough time deciding between the white and the red beauty but ultimately settled for the white because I intend keeping the car for a loooooong long time and was afraid I'll get tired of the red soon... but White is an every green colour,doesn't look as dashing as the red though. Will post pics as soon as I get my car!!
Mine is a Trendline so I have started doing my homework on the ICE!
As shared by many, if you look at supreme quality then no option left other than choosing VW - . White is always no nonsense color for any car.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:50   #288
Adrenalin

Hey All,

I am planning to book Polo(petrol or diesel, still unsure) in few days time. But i am afraid of its maintenance costs thinking it could be high . Can someone throw light on their expenses on regular services, spare parts(if replaced), also opinion as compared to Ford maintenance costs(as they have highest in current scene).

I would highly appreciate if you could respond with above info.

thanks one and all

Old 13th August 2010, 17:27   #289
Senior - BHPian

Poloman!
Are you sure you bought a polo and not an Alto? Really fantastic FE!
How does the car pull on inclines? Was this with the AC on?
Old 13th August 2010, 17:34   #290
Senior - BHPian

adrenalin, I think chetan had posted a spare part price comparo in his thread. If I remember correctly Polo came fourth after Jazz, Fabia and Uva in that list. I have not gone back to service centre for anything, so not aware of labour costs. I think first year service bill will be around 6K.
Captain, the figure was with only 10% A/C due to current Bangalore weather. Car pulls quite ok on inclines. I have not faced any problems so far even with 5 people on board.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:41   #291
Senior - BHPian

Poloman - I am happy with the functioning of Rear parking sensor. It really helps - Gives a lot of confidence also.

Go for it if you feel like.
Old 14th August 2010, 02:34   #292
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Hey All,

I am planning to book Polo(petrol or diesel, still unsure) in few days time. But i am afraid of its maintenance costs thinking it could be high . Can someone throw light on their expenses on regular services, spare parts(if replaced), also opinion as compared to Ford maintenance costs(as they have highest in current scene).
thanks one and all
My personal opinion is definitely the maintenance & service costs would be higher. The reason - Best quality product and the larger frequency of service intervals (the chances of failure is very less). The cost of regular running parts like bearings, brake pads, clutch plates, starter motors will be lesser than less used parts like wiper motor etc.
You will feel the pinch only after driving more no of kms (like 60k kms in 5 to 6 years). It is bit difficult to predict those cost at this point of time.
Unfortunately if anyone get into an early major problem (eg accident) then the service dealers of these quality cars would rip the customers which would be definitely higher than Maruti's, Hyundai's, Tatas & Ford.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:05   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My personal opinion is definitely the maintenance & service costs would be higher. The reason - Best quality product and the larger frequency of service intervals (the chances of failure is very less). The cost of regular running parts like bearings, brake pads, clutch plates, starter motors will be lesser than less used parts like wiper motor etc.
You will feel the pinch only after driving more no of kms (like 60k kms in 5 to 6 years). It is bit difficult to predict those cost at this point of time.
Unfortunately if anyone get into an early major problem (eg accident) then the service dealers of these quality cars would rip the customers which would be definitely higher than Maruti's, Hyundai's, Tatas & Ford.

Accidents will have Insurance coverage. I hope that the risk is that much less.

Regular maintenance cost is different. That should not be a problem. But as you said, only time can tell. VW looks serious about there operations in India. I do not think that they will mess up their own image, after investing so much.

With volumes, Dealers will have better viability. Most of them will not indulge in cheating customers, when their business is viable. But off course, bad eggs are there - every where.
Old 14th August 2010, 23:25   #294
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at Vento brochure. There is a dealer network map in the same. One can see lot of upcoming VW dealerships across India. VW has tested waters with Polo and now you can see them going full throttle with Vento. They have the technical prowess and financial muscle to shakeup markets.
Also, glad to see that Indian customer mentality is changing. Herd mentality is becoming less prominent. People now want world quality products as and when it they are launched any where else.

Last edited by poloman : 14th August 2010 at 23:28.
Old 14th August 2010, 23:38   #295
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Poloman.Choosing a Polo is a real good decision.But you seem to be very emotionally attached to your Zen as the latter is also a great car.My dad used to own a Zen and he was never prepared to part with it,when the time came.
Old 14th August 2010, 23:43   #296
Senior - BHPian

hillram. looks like all old Zen owners belong to the same tribe. I also plan to send my Zen to my native place. For some or other reason I keep on postponing the same. I have a strong emotional attachment with that car.
Old 15th August 2010, 18:42   #297

Hi People!!! Finally Got delivery of my VW Polo from Volkswagen Downtown Bangalore.

Here are the very first Pics taken from my iPhone at the break of dawn.. (Well, That's because I was out on a long drive with Polo and Family and thats is when we got back) Was too impatient to wait and post pics which I will be taking from my Canon Soon.

I need some time to settle and start posting ownership reviews but as of now my experience with the car is supreme, Pardon me guys GTG My Polo is calling...

See u soon with more Pictures and an Ownership report!!
Attached Thumbnails
Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-polo.jpg  

Poloman's Polo has arrived, Edit: 1 year, 13025Km, First service update-polo-2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 15th August 2010, 21:48   #298
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mueen, The car looks majestic. The color contrast is excellent from front.I have started loving Polo more in white than in red now.It is literallay raining Polos on the forum.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:28   #299

A big thanks to Mr. Vikas from Volkswagen Downtown who arranged to give me my Volkswagen Polo Trendline in 50 days flat, well that’s because I was lucky there was a cancellation at downtown and Mr. Vikas was kind enough to give that allotment. to me.

Overall I had a good sales experience except for one or two sales staff at downtown who are ill informed and irresponsible, One guy Zafar really puts me off also I feel that this place is under staffed as people keep waiting for a chance to interact with the sales guys. Anyways, I asked Kishore the Accessory guy to get the door handles and mirrors done in body color but at 3500/- bucks it was steep, I wanted a factory finish and was confident that they will do the job well also asked him to arrange for a parcel tray and also fix mud flaps. The parcel tray set me back by 1250/- and mud flaps by 975/-. The car was promised at 3:30 Pm Friday evening but exactly at 3 Pm I get a call from Downtown saying that the car will be ready by 4:30 pm instead because the painted parts are on their way from their hosur road branch I said that’s ok and reached downtown by 4:45 Pm all formalities done and I went inside the service area to check out my beauty but to my surprise the paint finish on the door handles and mirrors was just horrible even the color was not matching my heart beat stopped at the horrendous job and I just stood there dishearten and shocked and at the same time cursing myself to trust VW quality control blindly when actually it’s our Indian mentality and expertise which was at work here. Kishore convinced me that he will get the job redone if I could get the car back on Monday morning, I had no other choice but say ok and proceed for delivery.

The sales guy greeted us with a bouquet of gerberas a bag of goodies and the keys to my shiny new Polo. He also wanted to explain the features of the car to me which I was keen to hear but was disappointed with words like sir this is the boot and this is the gear lever and this is how you start the car, the spare wheel is stored in the boot etc etc.. When what I actually wanted to hear was what’s new in the VW compared to all others. Poloman will know what I am talking about.

Took her home had our Iftiyaar (meal to break fast) and went for my prayers and thanked Allah for his blessing, finally got home by 11:30 Pm. As soon as I got home my wife kids and my kid siblings attacked me for a drive and treat. With Bangalore shutting down at 11:30 Pm we had nowhere to go but one place The Coffee Day at The Bengaluru International Airport a good 45 Km away from our place.

The Polo felt remarkable, Build quality is second to none. I don't think I need to emphasize on that as most of us here know about it.The car corners like a leech Grip levels from the 175/70 Apollo’s was just ok , this car was screaming for better and wider rubber. Handling was precise though a little too electric for my liking. Engine noise inside the cabin was a distance hum with A/C on lowest and temperatures dropping to manali levels. I just love that growl from the engine. I kept the car between 2500-3000 Rmp range and the car settled at about 80-90 Kmph in fifth gear. Didn’t want to push too much as the engine needs running in so can’t comment on outright acceleration but yes in city the 1.2 does a good job I have nothing to complain.

Comfort is amazing my family was totally happy with the comfort and magic carpet ride of the Polo, The car absorbing all the irregularities of the road with an occasional thud from larger pot holes no bouncing and no throwing the passengers. In fact my sister commented that she felt like she was travelling in a Boeing I can’t deny with the perfect ride and the engine hum / growl to enhance that feeling the polo did feel like that. All in all a perfectly balanced ride and handling package .Ground clearance I think is a little on the lower side.

I filled the tank to the brim with Shell Super unleaded and the massive petrol tank gulped in a shade over 50 liters. I have done about 200 kms odd so far and the fuel gauge hasn’t budged hoping it stays that way for longer. Will post more on FE later.

Six months since the first Polo hit the Indian roads and my car still gets admiring looks and questions like how much on road and kitna Mileage? Commands a much better Snob value then say the Swift or i20.

I am very happy with my decision and hoping to live with my Polo for a long time to come.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:00   #300
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mueen! But since your's is Trendline variant, how come does it have body-coloured mirrors and door handles?

P.S: It'd be great if you start your own ownership thread

Last edited by theragingbull : 16th August 2010 at 17:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks