Team-BHP - VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/83143-vw-golf-vi-initial-impressions-pics-2.html)

Congratulations nirmal.Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for it?(in euros).

Indian market still is not mature enough to accept a fully loaded,decently powered hatch.Hopefully we will get there in a few years time.

man! my heartiest envies for this beauty!
looks very very nice and the quality as you said is very obvious everywhere

enjoy your drive

I am overjoyed with the purchase of my Golf. Now overwhelmed by reading all the comments by fellow tbhpians. Thanks a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1924244)
But why you had to wait for 3 months for delivery? Do we see such long waiting periods even in developed markets.

2-3 months is quite normal here for all manufacturers. Though average time for transformation of a metal sheet into a car in a week, the waiting list makes you wait longer. Also if you order the car with specific configurations (for example, a specific high end version of Navi etc.) the wait can be even longer.
Some dealers do have stocks readily available. Even though you would get good discounts on these and can take delivery straight away, you lose out on the fun of configuring your car and getting it manufactured just for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 1924252)
Also, that "TEAM" logo reminded me of the "TEAM in the TEAM BHP" sticker!

Coincidently, even the font type matches :) The special edition is part of VW's campaign for this year's worldcup soccer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rejoycjohn (Post 1924316)
So how much did this Golf cost you ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1925619)
Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for it?(in euros).

Costed me 20,948 EUROs after discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rejoycjohn (Post 1924316)
Also the prices and specs for our own Polo ?

Polo is available in the following series here:Each of these series have different engine options and configurations. You could buy any series and configure it to add features from any higher versions (even though all features cannot be added atleast 75% could be).

The least powerful one has 80PS and the most powerful one 180PS. 7 airbags, ABS, ESP are standard on all models. The German Polo catalog is available here:
http://www.volkswagen.de/etc/mediali...polo_kw_22.pdf. Sorry that it is in German. Incase, you need some help in translation, I could give a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla (Post 1924329)
I wish we had access to such cars in India.

I hope it comes to India soon (as we saw some spy shots of test cars already). It will be interesting to see where VW India places it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 1924340)
May I ask why not the diesel? :)

I had overshot by budget already with petrol version. Here too the diesel version costs more. Plus the yearly tax is much higher for diesel. With the kms I travel I found that it wouldn't break even for me. However, I drove a Golf TDI and immediately fell it love with it.
Also recently they introduced a concept for environment protection here where all vehicles should display a green, yellow or red sticker (green being the most environment friendly vehicle). There are areas marked where you are allowed to travel only if you have a green sticker. A diesel vehicle could get a yellow sticker as early as in the 5th year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1924472)
Congrats nirmalts on becoming the first team-bhpian to become an owner of this Euro bestseller.

Never realized that I am the first one to own the 6th generation Golf here. I am honoured.

Quote:

1.4 twincharger is a dream to drive, isn't it?

Indeed it is. I still need to discover its full potential.

Quote:

Some more pics of the golf and polo, please!

Will post this in my next thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 1924497)
By the way, I live in Bonn. Let's organize for a Team-BHP meetup here in Germany. It is summer time here in Germany.:)

Thats a great idea. We should do it this summer. Will open a thread soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1925104)
Do you have more pics of the delivery towers?

Yes I do. Will post in my next thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1925104)
Do you have more pics of the delivery towers?

These are two towers where the cars to be delivered at Autostadt are stored. The cars that will go to dealers are stored in a different place.

Both towers have 20 floors each and can store upto 400 cars each. The placing and taking out of cars is completely automatic. The towers are normally full. Since we were there on a holiday, it was mostly empty.

VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1111.jpg
VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1106.jpg
VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1117.jpg
VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1109.jpg
VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1095.jpg

Quote:

Some more pics of the golf and polo, please!

The pictures don't talk much about the size difference. The Golf is much more spacious inside.

This is how it looks on paper:

Polo/Golf
Length: 3970mm/4199mm
Breadth: 1682mm/1779mm
Height: 1462mm/1480mm
Wheelbase: 2470mm/2575mm
Ground clearance: 153mm/150mm

The Polo, according to me, looks more sexy with its alloys and lights :thumbs up
VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1404.jpg

VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1405.jpg

VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1410.jpg

VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1414.jpg

VW Golf VI: Initial Impressions & Pics-img_1402.jpg

That delivery tower is simply mind blowing. So is this the equivalent of our dusty stock yards?
Polo and Golf pictures are smashing to say the least.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmalts (Post 1925805)

Costed me 20,948 EUROs after discount.

For 11.8 Lakh, you get a 1,4 TSI, bigger car, specced with Auto climate, sat nav, 9(!!) Airbags, Rain sensor, Cruise control,automated parking assist, and all the rest.

Polo Highline TDI 1,2 liter in Bangalore is above 8 lakhs. And it doesnt even have USB connectivity or a drivers center arm rest. Even if you buy a Honda City, you wont get this spec here.

The joke, my friends, is on us Indians, forced to pay for foreign brands at foreign prices plus crippling duties.

Awesome and in hindi.. Mastttt.
What car man. Actually the features can put a 12lac plus car in india to shame.
Great choice, which in India is limited to their stupid attempts of changing and bringing the International cars as per indian requirements.

OT: Why the hell these companies cant bring such features on their Indian launches ?

Brilliant pics of the Polo and Golf! The Polo has got some really sexy alloys there! The front of the Polo with rear of a Golf would be the perfect looking hatch IMO :)

Brilliant specifications and the delivery tower is just simply awesome! Congratulations on your buy and wish you find all the joy when you floor the throttle on the autobahn! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 1927224)
The front of the Polo with rear of a Golf would be the perfect looking hatch IMO :)

If spy-pics are to be believed, Golf VII would look something like this. The Golf loses most of its curves and is more straightish on the 7th edition.

Nirmal

Congratulations Nirmalts!!!!
The car is simply superb.

The delivery tower is just awesome. Here we can just dream about such things.
Nice pics. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackingride (Post 1926345)
For 11.8 Lakh, you get a 1,4 TSI, bigger car, specced with Auto climate, sat nav, 9(!!) Airbags, Rain sensor, Cruise control,automated parking assist, and all the rest.

Polo Highline TDI 1,2 liter in Bangalore is above 8 lakhs. And it doesnt even have USB connectivity or a drivers center arm rest. Even if you buy a Honda City, you wont get this spec here.

The joke, my friends, is on us Indians, forced to pay for foreign brands at foreign prices plus crippling duties.

Couldn't agree more! This hatch back has more features than many so-called luxury sedans in India. And we call some cars here as 'Premium Hatchbacks'!!

In these face-off pictures I find the Polo sexier than the Golf in side and 3 quarter profiles. And polo's wheels are awesome. Only the rear of Golf is much better than Polo's.

Anyway, 12 lakhs (eqv.) for this is still a dream in India.

Lovely car. Fascinating about the delivery towers.