Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 15:17   #1

In love with Polo but got married to a Swift

Hi All,
I was among the first ones to fall in love with VW Polo...those smart lines that sporty stance & Oh-so-beautiful headlamps...have been waiting for the car launch since a long time.
Cut to car launch & the bookings kept on increasing. Since I am getting married in September, I didnt get the car booked in feb/march as I wanted to buy it just before my wedding. And that led to my heart break. I had been visiting showroom across Delhi/Jaipur and had been over the phone with the sales guys@Pune but to no help. Delivery periods ranging from 3 months to 6 months (BTW some showrooms gave me 3 different delivery periods on 3 anonymous calls on the same day).
Heartbroker, I started looking for 'replacements'. Since I am in love with the build quality & the ride of Polo, i20 could do nothing to please me. If I was spending 6.5 lakh, it'd rather be a Polo. But then I had to buy a car.
FInally I convinced myself to buy a Swift Vxi ABS and save some money as well.
Now the problem is, any popular car these days has a waiting period. And I found myself visiting all the showrooms all over again to hear answers like "Sir normal vxi has a waiting period of 3 months - now if you want one with ABS, the company hardly manufactures one and it might take 45 days MORE to get you one.
Thanks to guys@competent motors, CP I finally have a Pearl white Swift VXI ABS. Luckily someone had booked this car but cancelled the booking a week before delivery. I got the delivery in 4 days after my first visit to the showroom ( they got the loan processed in 48 hrs flat !!!)
I was a little skeptical about such a quick delivery but after a proper inspection before delivery (I literally had the print out of a check list with me - thanks to the TEam BHP forums), I was satisfied that everything is fine with this car.
Driving this car is a very nice experience. The K-Series engine is very peppy to drive. A very short first gear but the second and the third gear have a very long range which makes it so easy to drive in heavy traffic.
Forgive me for being a VW fan, but after checking out Polo, one can find a lot of components where 'cost cutting' is so evident. The surfaces are rough and hard which could have been better & the A/C makes a very funny noise everytime I switch it on.
The best part is I got Goodyear tyres with the car. A friend bought a swift last month and his car has JK Tyres
Fuel efficiency is around 12-13 right now but I am hoping this would increase after first service.
ANother new thing I came to know that in K-Series engine, Oil change in on every 10k kms instead of 5k for the previous engines. Nice.
Rest everything is fun. Will keep you posted with my experiences.Lets see how this relationship with Swift works out every Polo I see on the road still makes me skip a beat.

Happy & Safe driving to all
Neosthrash
Old 9th June 2010, 18:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your latest Affair Neothrash!!
May you and your Beloved have a Safe n Happy Motoring.

Polo to Swift ??? Kinda doesn't add up buddy. So what have you planned for you ride with the money you saved??
Please post some pics.
Old 9th June 2010, 18:24   #3
BHPian

Haha nice subject dude. Enjoy your swift, and do share pics! I hope you have an extramarital affair some time with the Polo ;-)
Old 9th June 2010, 20:33   #4
BHPian

Congats neo for the Swift. You were certainly very lucky to get it in such a short time period. Waiting for some snaps of the white beauty. Enjoy the car.
Old 9th June 2010, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats on the new purchase! You can recommend the Polo to some close relative and talk him into buying one and you can be reminded of your other love time and again. Enjoy buddy, drive safe.
Old 9th June 2010, 21:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

You are in a dangerous situation where you are in love with a beautiful woman but married to an average looking woman. Be faithful to her, I know it is difficult!
Old 10th June 2010, 13:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats on your latest Affair Neothrash!!
May you and your Beloved have a Safe n Happy Motoring.

Polo to Swift ??? Kinda doesn't add up buddy. So what have you planned for you ride with the money you saved??
Please post some pics.
Thanks for the wishes buddy ! Believe me I did all the calculations and managed all the equations (emotional ones) to convince myself for swift. The thing is my fiancee likes Swift a lot. And since I could not buy the car of my choice, I thought of making her happy atleast
Old 10th June 2010, 13:16   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
You are in a dangerous situation where you are in love with a beautiful woman but married to an average looking woman. Be faithful to her, I know it is difficult!
Yesterday I was at the petrol pump and saw this striking Red Polo. Must have been atleast 30 seconds by the time I could realise I am married now....could have ran away with Polo then and there...Sigh !!!
Old 10th June 2010, 14:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Neosthrash, the Swift with its peppy and refined K-series engine along with great FE will keep you happy for quite some time.
Congratulations and enjoy your car!
Old 10th June 2010, 14:57   #10

Subject line got my attention. Swift is a great car, it wont disappoint you. And you can use the saved money on accessories as well.

Congrats on your purchase and take good care of it.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:46   #11
BHPian

congrats!! good choice

If you take all aspects into consideration, with
equal weightage for all important points i think Swift will easily beat
Polo in terms of overall ranking.
Even after so many launches in the B-segment it is still the best buy
among all petrol cars below 5 lacs, though things would have been different if the Polo had a k-series under its hood.

do post pics and a detailed review, for there ain't much info about
Swift post-kseries in T-bhp
Old 10th June 2010, 16:50   #12
BHPian

Your choice is sensible atleast wifey would be happy and after 2-3 years you can buy the Polo as second car?
Old 11th June 2010, 09:31   #13

There seems to be some problem with the a/c though. Everytime I switch it on it makes a very loud noise...also, with a/c on, every 10 seconds some 'click' sound comes which also results in a minor speed drop..its like a heatbeat skip. Though the cooling is fine but this gets very irritating. Going to the workshop tomorrow...I hope this is nothing major

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks