Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 17:20   #1
BHPian

Black bull joins TBHP family- New Black Tata Safari 2.2

Finally , I have bought Black Tata Safari 2.2 LX on June 2.

In April mid, I sold my Indigo Marina in my hometown. I was having only one car in my mind which I wanted to buy, that was Tata Safari. So I started looking for best deals on safari and started negotiating with dealers. I called all the dealers in NCR(Got their no's from Tata website, but some no's seems wrong as whn I called A-one motors, I was connected to Rama motors) Triumph motors,Faridabad first responded to my query and came with Safari test drive very next day. Test drove Safari, It was BS3 GX version. I visited Tayal Motors,Faridabad on next saturday, they keep their showroom close on saturday, went to them on Sunday but seems most of sales person were on leave, waited for 30 mins, no body entertained. Atlast after few minutes a sales man came and i asked straight question , I want to buy EX how much discount. He said no discount. I told him , look i am serious buyer and will buy it within this week, pls check discount again. His answer was same. So I said ok i am going. He even did not bothered to talk to me or negotiate. I recieved call after a week from Tayal from same guy, I told him that as they are not willing to negotiate on price i am not going to buy car fromn them. He said he can give 2000-3000 discount. I said goodbye. So overall experience was not good in Tayal motors. Got Call from Rama motors too and had test drive too. They were giving good discount and I made up my mind that i will buy it from them.

Next thing was to take loan as ROI they were offering was too high around 11% from HDFC or ICICI. I was in no mood to take loan from private banks. So i started looing for loan. in the mean time I contact my admin department whether I can have car-lease. They said policy will be revived in couple of days. I waited and called them after couple of days they said it will take some time till june 1st. i called them in may end again they were saying policy is taking time. So i told them it is better i should buy car on loan later. Anyway I was going to prepay my loan in a year.

I heard also that car prices will go up soon, so I called Rama motors, i was shocked that the sales person who talked with me has left and nobody knows with whom he talking. I never got any follow up call from Rama motors, however Triump motors sales person was following up daily on the progress.

In the mean time, as BS4 perl white safari was not readily available, I changed my mind to buy Black Lx safari which was available.

I took test drive of that safari, did PDI as per TBHP check list and got satisfied, so I asked them to book vehicle on my name and handed over cheque of INR 10000 as booking amount.

For loan i decided to take from Bank of Baroda, as Bank manager was known to me very well. I went to BOB on 31st May and within 2 hours i was having Banker's check in my Hand with all the formalities completed. I handed it to Triump motors.

I asked them that I will take delivery next day, but when i called next day vehicle was not ready as that sales person was on leave and anti rust coating was also not done. Moreover in afternoon temperature was like 44.4 degrees. I was not feeling well as I was totally exhausted while driving aroung on bike for loan and other formailities.

So I told them I will come next day and will take delivery on Wednesday.
Reached to dealership around 11:00 pm. they were doing paerwork for my SUV and it was properly cleaned and washed. Looking great.. I did PDI once again.

Everyone in dealership was wondering about the comprehensive PDI least I was having and looking in every minute details. Finally I got delivery by 3:00 pm.

Directly drove to Dhaba, as was feeling hungry. Had a lunch then decided to call one of my friend who knows Car accessories shop owner Car Decora in Faridabad. Went to accessory shop , inquired about good ICE and other accessories. Then my frined called the owner and they gave me discount on quouted price.

Here is accesories all with B/W

1. Pioneer 2290UB - 5650
2. JBL components on front door- 5000
3. JBL coaxial on rear door-2600
4. Autocop Gear lock-1050
5. Autocop basic central lock-2600
6. Rear view Camera sensor-5200

It was very hot day. It took approx hours for fitting all the things.

Then finally paid to car decora and got tank full from HP petrol pump for Rs 2100 on Ajronda chownk.

Went to Car seat cover maker in old faridabad, known to my friend. Choose Redmond cloth for seat covers and paid 1000 as advance. He asked me to come back on Sunday morning so that he can take out all seats and fit.

Then drove back to home and finally reached home around 7:30. My son was very happy and wanted me to show all the car features. Asked me how this back sensor works, wanted to open and lock car using remote.

Then I decided to take rest for the day. Next morning woke up and went to Gurudwara and did prayer for new car.

Also got seat covers fitted on Sunday. Total cost was RS.2700

I will post pictures of truck soon.

The difference i feel between BS3 and BS4 is lesser noise in cabin and engine.

Dual tone beige interior, looks great. Body color painted orvm
Old 10th June 2010, 17:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on purchasing the most comfortable mile muncher in India, wish you thousands of kilometers of happy motoring

Long posts always look better if they're punctuated with photographs, so time to get the camera out quickly mate
Old 10th June 2010, 17:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks