Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Mr.Johnn Please compare the braking distances of i20 to its nearest competitor in diesel category; you will by choice not speed in the highway runs,

Which is i20 takes 60 odd meters to stop from 100 to 0 while
punto and figo stops in 40 odd; now that's a massive difference

Drive safe!!

It being faster than the cars you have mentioned; well that's a good joke, lol....

Hi,
You are right lol, when we laugh at the faster cars mentioned, but given the price tag, and worry with those expensive 2 bed and 3 bed apartments, working guys like me stand some chance !
All those are true cases mentioned, but just one off, in highway traffic between Chennai and Ranipet, not all drive confidently and mentioned earlier.
Thanks for the chance to explain, as some of our senior memeber here too were very politely pointing it out soon, so let me paste my reply sent anyway
Quote (yours truly) - Capable highway cruiser, quietly faster than a 5 series Beemer, a Q5, a Laura, a Benz, and leaving them behind forget those fast homely MPVs, SUVs(had a Safari) or twichy sedans. Skill of those drivers is a question mark, as it was controlled agression (family in car). Safety first so had to let a Desire PETROL thro as he was taking too many risks. - Unquote

I drive safe!
Certified licensed for 3 digit speeds by 4 car OEMs
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
Googled the issue, original doubt seems to have come from
Fiat Grande Punto V/s. Hyundai i20 - Page 3 | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale.com
and
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1871653-post71.html

but please see
Road Test: Hyundai i20 CRDi- News- Zigwheels
But what the car loses in roll-on figures, it makes up for in its braking. Even though the i20 CRDi tips the scales at well over 1200kg (the Kappa weighs just 1066kg), it doesn't lose any of its braking potential. With disc brakes all around, along with ABS and EBD, step on the brake pedal, and the i20 will come to a halt from 100km/h in just 2.99seconds, covering a distance of 41.65 metres in the process.

so unjustified fears, of course at 3 digit speeds you need to be a careful steady and planned driver, no sudden locks.

I agree that speedsters given highly variable indian roads are asking for trouble. If you have a facebook account, pl see Login | Facebook
Spend few Minutes and watch this.

by Rana Rahaman (videos)
4:04

SO SLOW DOWN!

pl see
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-6-speed.html
sagarpadaki 17th July 2010, 20:14
Touched 140 kmph on NH4.felt very confident and still had half of the accelerator to go.And the brakes are the best i can say.4 Discs with ABS is a boon.Was doing some 120 + on NH4 and suddenly a dog sprinted out of nowhere barely 100 meters from be.I slammed the brakes.The car came rapidly to 60 kmph within seconds.No loss of control,no veering nothing!.Trust me without super brakes that dog would have been history now.

Quote:
Hi, thanks, please advise where it is available or help me search for it please.
checked it out, dont want to add any electricals that may overload the circuits, wires, switches to heat up and burn. Thanks but can manage without it.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd July 2010 at 16:28. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks, please advise where it is available or help me search for it please.
Me too looking for the same in Chennai. Please share the info on where it is available
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:09   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Johnn - Sid-ji, your posts are iconic, nice to reply to you. Hi!
BS4 imo, Dec 09, friends in the Company advised not to wait as it was the EU version without the ESP.
Congrats ...

So how can we purchase an EU Model, is it available only for the employees?

So you can easily add a ESP for spending additional £250.
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Congrats ...

So how can we purchase an EU Model, is it available only for the employees?

So you can easily add a ESP for spending additional £250.
not EU model, just EU spec parts.

its Euro 111 actually, and specced a bit higher price, you can guess the rest about the recent model, no way the displays of DTE are EU!
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:41   #36
BANNED

I wish they could have added DTE, TPMS and ORVM defoggers in Asta as option instead of providing Sun/Moon roof .
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I wish they could have added DTE, TPMS and ORVM defoggers in Asta as option instead of providing Sun/Moon roof .
Agree, but you know they are deciding 'whats best for the country', we lose out on those nitty gritties.

By the way, I have TPMS, works ok, from Triton, costs 9000 from them, and 15000 in Toyota parts! can message you a number to call n get.

The Q7 has a defogger for the RVMirror.
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:55   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Agree, but you know they are deciding 'whats best for the country', we lose out on those nitty gritties.

By the way, I have TPMS, works ok, from Triton, costs 9000 from them, and 15000 in Toyota parts! can message you a number to call n get.

The Q7 has a defogger for the RVMirror.
The same brand cost 7000/- here in Bangalore, but i'm looking for something which can show DTE too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil View Post
I am thinking of getting a TPMS- Tyre pressure monitoring system available in India through Tyreprobe fitted to my i20
TYREPROBE

Essentially It monitors the pressure in all four tyres , displays it on a display mounted inside cabin on the driver side and also provides alarm if the pressure crosses below 26 psi or above 40 psi.

Anybody has experience with the same or any other after market system .

I am aware of the valve caps with the colour but found them not to be so usefull or accurate .

The price quoted for the above model is 7000 INR + wheel balancing charges.

Anil
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:59   #39
BHPian

Really a capable car and worth the money you pay for it. Sad that no more sun roof, six airbags and rear disc brakes verision available on diesel varients. I have been owning the i20 diesel asta o since more than one year and till date no issues or problems. I recently got 20k service done and the bill was less than Rs. 2k so no issues regarding service and maintainance costs. I have reached speeds beyond 170 kmph but not very assuring at high speeds. I have upgraded to 15' rims with michellin xm1 195/60/R15 tyres. The ride height has improved and ride quality also has improved. I am planning to upgrade to 205/60/R15 tyres next time. Overall i am very satisfied with the car and all my friends and family members praise me for having chosen the best hatchback available in india. My grandmother who is about 75 years old is all praises for its back seat comfort and ride quality and overall nvh levles and always prefers it over my ritz zxi.
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:57   #40
Team-BHP Support

Guys is there any I20 CRDI test drive review report on the forum? Can you please point mt to it. I could not find one.

Congrats on the new purchase. Thats something even I have on my radar in another year or two, when my current car lease ends.

Last edited by ampere : 24th July 2010 at 00:00.
Old 24th July 2010, 00:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys is there any I20 CRDI test drive review report on the forum? Can you please point mt to it. I could not find one.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-i20-crdi.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...testdrive.html
Old 24th July 2010, 11:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Really a capable car and worth the money you pay for it. Sad that no more sun roof, six airbags and rear disc brakes verision available on diesel varients. I have been owning the i20 diesel asta o since more than one year and till date no issues or problems. I recently got 20k service done and the bill was less than Rs. 2k so no issues regarding service and maintainance costs. I have reached speeds beyond 170 kmph but not very assuring at high speeds. I have upgraded to 15' rims with michellin xm1 195/60/R15 tyres. The ride height has improved and ride quality also has improved. I am planning to upgrade to 205/60/R15 tyres next time. Overall i am very satisfied with the car and all my friends and family members praise me for having chosen the best hatchback available in india. My grandmother who is about 75 years old is all praises for its back seat comfort and ride quality and overall nvh levles and always prefers it over my ritz zxi.
Great to see this post!
Old 24th July 2010, 11:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

I20 Crdi is one of my favorites among the new breed of hatches, i have my eyes on her from the day she's launched.Still the price is a major deterrent, but still will gun for a at least a Magna( if budget permits), as soon as i get rid of my Viva Crdi...
Old 24th July 2010, 11:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I20 Crdi is one of my favorites among the new breed of hatches, i have my eyes on her from the day she's launched.Still the price is a major deterrent, but still will gun for a at least a Magna( if budget permits), as soon as i get rid of my Viva Crdi...
well it is pricey, 7 year loan keeps EMI down, and the heart flying!
Old 24th July 2010, 11:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:

but please see
Road Test: Hyundai i20 CRDi- News- Zigwheels
But what the car loses in roll-on figures, it makes up for in its braking. Even though the i20 CRDi tips the scales at well over 1200kg (the Kappa weighs just 1066kg), it doesn't lose any of its braking potential. With disc brakes all around, along with ABS and EBD, step on the brake pedal, and the i20 will come to a halt from 100km/h in just 2.99seconds, covering a distance of 41.65 metres in the process.

Please don't tell me you saw zig wheels and decided on the car; ask around Zigwheels is the worst possible place to find out; Anyway My only intention was tell you what i have experienced first hand in i20. We generally test drive vehicles in NICE road to see its braking, top end and pick up.

Trust me braking was not too inspiring after driving an elantra. Couple of other members also will vouch for it.

Happy motoring
cheers

PS. Braking distance is 60 odd meters for diesel and for petrol it is 43 odd meters; cross check in the company also once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks