Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 14:39   #16
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, vikrantj, for becoming a proud owner of a precious automobile. The boot mat looks nice. Is it Fiat accessory boot mat? I did not get it since it was not available at that time.

Old 14th June 2010, 16:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, vikrantj, for becoming a proud owner of a precious automobile. The boot mat looks nice. Is it Fiat accessory boot mat? I did not get it since it was not available at that time.
Dunno whether it is Fiat original accessory. Got it free with the car as the part of the deal (mud flap , mats and boot mats free )

--Vikrant
Old 14th June 2010, 16:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats Vikrant and welcome to Fiat family. I hope that you can join us in one of the Fiat meets in Pune. I too am on a lookout for a Linea MJD E. Current toss up between Manza A+ and Linea MD-E. VFM over indulgence Enjoy your ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Many congrats Vikrant for becoming a proud owner of the italian beauty!

Enjoy your drive and admiration that goes along!
Thanks a lot . Looking forward to such a meet in Pune. Well nearby places are OK too

--Vikrant
Old 14th June 2010, 17:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post

@nkrishnap : I am confused, do you think the covers go well with interiors or not ?

--Vikrant
No. I felt somehow the covers did not go well with the interiors. May be it looks that way in the pictures.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:35   #20
BHPian

Man , it's raining hard in Pune. I broke my front number plate which taking it through water accumulated. Need to get a new number plate ...
Anybody has any idea how much does that cost ?

--Vikrant
Old 14th June 2010, 21:08   #21

Congratulations on your new possession. Can u please tell how your number plate got damaged.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
Congratulations on your new possession. Can u please tell how your number plate got damaged.
To tell you the truth, I am not too sure how that happened. I am guessing , since I went through a fast flowing water it might have got broken. Otherwise I see no explaination.

My dealer B U Bhandari will replace it for me today evening. I am going to ask them to put two extra screws to secure the number plate firmly

--Vikrant
Old 15th June 2010, 12:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I am guessing , since I went through a fast flowing water it might have got broken.
The reflective number plates which are the ones mostly used are aluminum. How can they break?
Old 15th June 2010, 12:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The reflective number plates which are the ones mostly used are aluminum. How can they break?
They are not Aluminium and non-reflective. Mine is plastic .

--Vikrant
Old 15th June 2010, 20:13   #25
BHPian

New number plate now fixed ... Cost Rs 300 ...

--Vikrant
Old 21st June 2010, 12:22   #26
BHPian

Took the car to Mumbai yesterday on expressway. Was waiting for this well for over a month now. Touched 160kmph, with absolutely no vibrations and rock-steady. Call Linea under-powered now. And yes this was with 3 people and luggage on-board. Don't ask about the fuel efficiency though

--Vikrant
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:30   #27
BHPian

Two and a half months are up and I have 5300Kms on the clock.

One minor mishap happened last week, a dog hit the front right side of the bumper. Bumper is Ok but the fog light assembly broke:( . I enquired in BuB. Cost of the broken fog lamp grill 200Rs. By grods grace fog lamp and wiring is intact otherwise Rs 1880 jhatka.

Here are few snaps at 5300kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea : Emotions in Minimal Grey. Update : 38000 kms.-dscf0021.jpg  

Fiat Linea : Emotions in Minimal Grey. Update : 38000 kms.-dscf0022.jpg  

Fiat Linea : Emotions in Minimal Grey. Update : 38000 kms.-dscf0031.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 11:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Man! The Linea looks gorgeous. It's funny that I was watching a movie today (called Blindness), it had the minimal grey (or some similar colour) Linea starring right at the start of the movie.

Boy, the more I see this car, the more attractive it looks. It's been quite a while since the car has been launched, and it still looks so fresh.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:37   #29
BHPian

Superb Vikrant,
Nice color and nicely maintained. Since now it is rainy season do frequent outer water wash at washing center. No need to put soap on body color (only on reems and tyres) but ensure all mud accumulated in mudgauards and below chassis is to be removed. If it persists there for more than 01 month, metal starts rusting. I think for outer water wash its hardly Rs 100/- and 02 hrs u have to spend per month (especially in Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep-Oct)
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:56   #30
BHPian

Hey thanks NVK for bumping into my thread ...

Now I got the fog lamp grill done up today at B U Bhandari.. Total cost 168 Rs for the grill . The fog lamp apparantly was also broken so it was 1900Rs with taxes and believe it or not , labour free.

Now the spare parts guys gave me a funny piece of info. Since Linea does circles in Europe especially Turkey it is left hand drive which is quite obvious from the wiper and headlight switches, the cost of all accessories on left side cost way greater than right side. To give an example left side fog lamp grill is 2250Rs and right hand grill is 168Rs, since LHS spares are imported.

Secondly all electrical and engine related spares are imported. I do not know how much does a fog lamp cost but the one I got replaced today was from Magneti Marelli and costed 1880 Rs.

I was really impressed with FIAT's feedback system today. On friday I had given a feedback on the site that I was given a timeline of 15-45 days for availablity of fog lamp grill. Today since I had taken a day off from work called up BuB to enquire about the same. The spare parts person said that he has read my query and had replied yesterday to FIAT's PR. The spare is available with them. When I enquired why was given a month's timeline earlier I found out that it was not a FIAT spare parts guy who had passed me the info. I got the fogs and grill replaced today with no hassle. Those guys were really apologetic about it , and spare parts guys told me to specifically ask for him the next time if I needed any spares.

This just goes on to prove FIAT's commitment to make a better company. Show me one car maker in India who give a turn around time of less than 24 hours to a web based query. People who have doubts about FIATs spare parts
availability and service should put the query to rest.
--Vikrant

Most Viewed