Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 22:01   #1
BHPian

Maruti Eeco came home !

Hi folks!

My Eeco reached home on 2nd June - home delivered by Pratham Motors, Bangalore.

My Test Drive was still pending, as I had booked without one. My friend/ Tuner/ advocate Satyavrat did the TD with me as passenger.
He recommended that I buy it and so I did. His recommendation went against other reviews in TBHP and elsewhere but I said OK. Satya always tells me whats good for me and is never wrong.

MY TD had to wait for several hours after the delivery due to certain unavoidable duties. During this time, the Eeco baked in the scorching summer Sun.
At last, I got in to do some serious exploration of this breadbox, as nicknamed by some one on the several forums online.

The first thing I did was to take a cautious drive around the block. I didn't like it at all as the feel was sluggish - until i noticed the red handbrake light.
Nobody saw the sheepish stupid look on my face since nobody was around at that time. Feeling better, I engaged the gear and the Eeco promptly jumped off the ground.
Lesson 1 : the thing has power !

After a slow coupla rounds around the block , I took it to Satya for his comments. For some reason , the Eeco looks just like him, as seen in the 2nd pic.

He was busy , too, so I was left alone to do some more driving all by myself. I did exactly that and had a long drive- from Jayanagar to Queens road- to Pratham Motors for some accessories.

By the time I got the Eeco back , it was 9:20pm and the roads were below water from the 3hr solid rain.

Took me around an hour for the drive back home and there it stood, parked in the stable till the 8th.

On the 8th, the actual trial and rigorous drive began at 5:30 am.
This was a long 6 day trip of 1500kms from Blr-Mys-Oty-Cbe-Munnar-Salem-Blr.

Thats a long story and I will file it tomorrow with some pics and some critical review of the Eeco.

MODERATOR NOTE:
Post Edited. Videos of speeding are not permitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Eeco came home !-e63-pics-videos-205.jpg  

Maruti Eeco came home !-e63-pics-videos-202.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 15th June 2010 at 06:52. Reason: Check note
Old 15th June 2010, 05:58   #2
BHPian

Docel, Congrats and Good luck on your "Eeco". Have a safe motoring.
Old 15th June 2010, 06:58   #3
BHPian

Thank you kaviprem !

The week long adventure trip was quite an experience. We enjoyed the trip thoroughly in more ways than one.

The trip was part of the Dakshin Dare Rally. I was a Marshal for the rally and was accompanied by Karthik Makam, one of the founders of FCB. Together, we tested the Eeco to its limits, both on and off road in the most diverse routes possible.

The route was 60% ghats- the most beautiful ghats on earth- and smack in the middle of the Monsoon. Most of the Ghat roads were through forests and not the usual beat of the tourists.

I will post the Eeco performance notes in the next post.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Eeco came home !-e63-pics-videos-294.jpg  

Maruti Eeco came home !-e63-pics-videos-305.jpg  

Maruti Eeco came home !-e63-pics-videos-280.jpg  

docel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 07:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Great choice Doctor.

I own the Eeco ++ , viz.the Versa,for 6 years plus and can tell you that your choice is great - real value for money.

Great pick up,superb road view and a feeling of confidence sitting high are some of the things you'll enjoy.

The ride quality is something you'll get used to.

Maintenance is virtually zero

Congrats on a very sensible choice
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 07:49   #5
BANNED

A versa clone but nevertheless one good family car. What is the OTR and was there any waiting period?
Old 15th June 2010, 07:53   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by docel View Post
I was a Marshal for the rally and was accompanied by Karthik Makam, one of the founders of FCB.
Congrats Doctor on the Eeco!

It was Karthik M.B was had accompanied you and not Makam. I wish we other FCB founders too could join you for the trip.

Regards,
Arun
Old 15th June 2010, 10:17   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys!!

@ vigsom :
It sure is a great vehicle alright. Although most of the TDs and Reviews are a bit negative, I still chose the Eeco because of certain reasons.

1. Its a VERSA down modded for Economy.
meaning it should be almost similar to it.
2. My old friend /Rallyist/Tuner Satyavrat ( we call him Satya) recommended the EEco since he knows my needs and temperament. He knows cars and i booked without even a test drive.
3. rpmx1000 did a good review of the Eeco http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1687806-post6.html
4. I usually lug around a fair amount of freight and my trips are pretty longish, a minimum of 3000Kms, and always in a hurry and unexpected.
5. My pocket isn't too big and the Eeco fit in quite well.
6. I do the same type of trips comfortably in my Premier Padmini as well as the Omni.
So, the new Eeco should do it too.
7. Stability aspect is mostly the drivers skill or lack of it.
After 35yrs of Motor Sports, being a little too careful about what I do with vehicles is automatic. One adapts to the car after a little time with it.
8. Most reviews are just plain comparisons between one or other car or a wish-list of what should be there.
It is difficult to gauge a vehicle in 10mins.

Overall, I just took a studied gamble & went for it. After 1600Kms on the Odo, I don't regret it at all !

@ zaks :
OTR was 3,82,442 for the 5seater AC.
Freebies aren't that mentionable- Mats, Wheel flaps, Perfume , Idol,
This Eeco is not eligible for either Doctors' ( I am one ) or Teachers' ( My wife) discounts. Looking at the booking & delivery time there is no place at all for any deals or haggling.

@ fiatmylife ;
Thanks Arun !
I searched & thought it was Makam.
You missed a great experience- wish you had taken my invite and been with me.

My biggest and only grouse and grumble is the awful Head-lamps & the killer Seats.

for the great AC, the powerful zip of the 1st and 2nd gear, the quiet but powerful cruising 5th gear and a fairly silent engine noise inside the cabin.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Doc/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
More later in the evening.

Regards to all,
DocVenki

Last edited by Eddy : 15th June 2010 at 11:11.
docel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 10:23   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

little correction Doc, i m not karthik makam. i m karthik M.B fcb guys call me MB t-bhpians call me karthik1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by docel View Post
Thank you kaviprem !

The week long adventure trip was quite an experience. We enjoyed the trip thoroughly in more ways than one.

The trip was part of the Dakshin Dare Rally. I was a Marshal for the rally and was accompanied by Karthik Makam, one of the founders of FCB. Together, we tested the Eeco to its limits, both on and off road in the most diverse routes possible.

The route was 60% ghats- the most beautiful ghats on earth- and smack in the middle of the Monsoon. Most of the Ghat roads were through forests and not the usual beat of the tourists.

I will post the Eeco performance notes in the next post.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:33   #9
BANNED

I have always been a big fan and user of (borrowed) Maruti Omnis and I simply love the vehicle. The Eeco is one step ahead and I somehow adore this car/van/MPV..whatever it is. Had I not bought my vehicle before the Eeco was launched, I would have most certainly gone for it.

What is the mileage you are getting??
Old 15th June 2010, 10:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Has the 1.3l engine been retained in the Eeco ?
Old 15th June 2010, 11:12   #11
Team-BHP Support

MODERATOR NOTE:
Videos of speeding are not permitted.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey congratulations on the car.... I had M-Versa for 4 year's and believe me I was very happy driving that car.

I had that car with me from the period I had my girlfriend, with whom I got engaged, enjoyed the best time of my life and then she became my better half....

Your car made me remember a good period of my life....
rjvora_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 12:16   #13
BANNED

Congrats Sir for the car,
Nice tripping you both. I din't know you people are going in a Eco together
Old 15th June 2010, 12:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

i think its a 1.2 l detuned esteem engine. i dont think maruti will offer the kseries in this vehicle
Old 15th June 2010, 15:14   #15
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
no. its 1.2l 73bhp (100cc and 9bhp less from versa)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks