Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 11:26   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
This is exactly what the sticker at the front passenger doorside says, at least in my SXI.
Same on my ZXi too.

have been maintaining 32 at front and 30 at the rear. Serves the purpose. Have been regularly getting 13kmpl average by maintaining the tyre pressure.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:32   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Same on my ZXi too.

have been maintaining 32 at front and 30 at the rear. Serves the purpose. Have been regularly getting 13kmpl average by maintaining the tyre pressure.
Should'nt it be the other way round? more psi at rear and less at front.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not exactly, the engine is in the front so more weight requires adequate tyre pressure.

Recently been to Pune & when I refuelled, asked the attendant at the pump to fill 32 at the front. He said he would fill only 30 and argued by pointing me at the sticker. I tried to convince him that engine is at the front and hence the need, but that guy was adamant. Finally went to another station to get the air filled.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Yes, Ford recommends same i.e more psi at rear and less in front, 35/30 !
Old 17th September 2010, 11:56   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Not exactly, the engine is in the front so more weight requires adequate tyre pressure.

Recently been to Pune & when I refuelled, asked the attendant at the pump to fill 32 at the front. He said he would fill only 30 and argued by pointing me at the sticker. I tried to convince him that engine is at the front and hence the need, but that guy was adamant. Finally went to another station to get the air filled.
As per Ford reco, upto 3 passengers, it is 30/35 F/R and full load 35/41 F/R(don't recollect exactly but roughly this fig)...which means under all conditions the rear should be more than front. I guess with solo occupancy (driver only), the weight is more at rear than front.

But anyway, since you are getting good mileage, that's what should matter. Hopefully, this kind of uneven distribution will not play any long term adverse effect on the chasis/suspension.
At shell pump, I actually filled 35/41 - the guys there was kind of he triple checked with me before proceeding. With that psi I got around 30 kms more than other psi variations..but the fig was way too small for coming to a conclusion. Also, with that high psi, I got th first puncture in my life - in the rear left tyre sidewall a nail went inside..have to call Ford road assistance to come and replace with the spare tyre. The damaged could not be repaired using the tubeless puncture repair kit - currently running it with a tube fitted inside the tubeless tyre.LOL. Changing to Michelin next week.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Yes, Ford recommends same i.e more psi at rear and less in front, 35/30 !
As per manual yes, but they have admitted they made mistake in manual, and correct one is to maintain 30/30 normal load (1~3 persons). 36/41 full load (5 person with luggage). Which is same as one which mentioned against Sports variant in my manual.

This is the same mentioned in stickers put in doors for SXI variant (also for ZXI).

Last edited by RaguHolla : 17th September 2010 at 12:06.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ford seems to have created confusion galore with reference to air pressure in the Fiesta.
After reading the posts above, I checked my manual and also the door sill poster---both recommended:-

30 psi (2.1) in all tyres on normal load

35 (2.5) in front and 44 (3.5) in the rear on full load.

I wonder how different models are having variations in the specs, not only in the manual but also in the door sill poster.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:50   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
30 Psi - Both Front & Rear - in normal load condition

36 Psi in Front & 41 Psi in Rear - in full load conditions.
Quote:
This is exactly what the sticker at the front passenger doorside says, at least in my SXI.
In my car on the sticker at the front passenger doorside, it is written as:
30 Psi - Both Front & Rear - in normal load condition

35 Psi in Front & 44 Psi in Rear - in full load conditions.

My car is Dec' 09 make. I believe it is Aug or Sep 09 for Sanjay. How can can tyre pressure vary in a gap of 2-3 months?
Old 17th September 2010, 15:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ford seems to have created confusion galore with reference to air pressure in the Fiesta.
After reading the posts above, I checked my manual and also the door sill poster---both recommended:-

I wonder how different models are having variations in the specs, not only in the manual but also in the door sill poster.
+
the funny thing is that there are no stickers on my car door sill giving the tyre pressure.
(I doublechecked now as I remember that I havent seen one in my car since delivery, but somehow it slipped from my mind when the car was sent for servicing twice)
Old 17th September 2010, 16:33   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Are'nt we talking here about Sports & other trims. IIRC, Sports psi is lesser than other trims.

What I have mentioned is from memory (admittedly very weak - can't remember directions until I visit the place 4-5 times)

In my previous post why I was trying to emphasize was related to Ghodlur's post - more psi at front & less at rear - and not exactly trying to pinpoint the psi sticker.

Will check and confirm. Don't think it should be varying at least with SXI/ZXI owners.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Let me know when you guys finally decide on a PSI figure with or without the help of manual or service centre . As of now I am on 30/30 with load or without load !! And yea, mine is not the stock tire, it is Michelin Energy XM1+ 185/65/R14. Whenever it goes below 30, I dont even realize that, but if its filled more than 31, I can feel every tiny pothole on the road.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th September 2010 at 17:50.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:39   #87
BHPian

@shjau, no wonder mods are threatening infraction by sending out mass messages. Here we are debating the mfgr recommended psi - however, no one is following the same! Holy cow!!

This has made my day. A comical end to a stressful day! I am off to get ICEd

Mods, pls excuse.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

Sanju, is it the usual weekend ICE ?

I wont be surprised if the whole Fiesta gang gets banned in one shot, because there is so much crap spread by this gang of mad people !! Some cry on mileage, some complain about steering vibration, some on tires, some on PSI, looks like its a gang full of complaints

I am seriously running for cover !
Old 17th September 2010, 19:29   #89
BHPian

ROTFLOL - did i get that right? have'nt had a chance for ages to do a ROTFLOL.

Last I got ICEd was with you!! Will reveal further details sometime later.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
the funny thing is that there are no stickers on my car door sill giving the tyre pressure.
(I doublechecked now as I remember that I havent seen one in my car since delivery, but somehow it slipped from my mind when the car was sent for servicing twice)
You gotta look on the left door sill, buddy. Remember, it is an American car maker, and for reasons unknown (cost-cutting?), they left the sticker on the left door, just like the bonnet opening lever.

After all, how could they spend crores or money on relocating it to the driver's side?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks