Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 22:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
-Put a centre carpet mat (I do not know why it does not come along with carpet mat set)

Doubts

- Is anybody getting chill air under the left leg when air con position is kept at chest position
I suppose you are talking about the rear seat. I too found it odd. SA said here you dont get that. Even my Alto had the centre mat over the tranny tunnel.

I also get the chill air on the foot when AC is on chest positioning.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the Figo Family
Old 17th June 2010, 08:40   #17
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Congrats!

Nice accessory hunting! The 3M underbody coating comes in two formats. One with 2 year warranty for about 2K and the other with 5 year warranty for about 3K.

Make a wise choice!
Thanks Vignesh,sedate, deepblue.
I am thinking of getting 3M body schutz and trying to apply with help of good service station guy.
Meanwhile posting a snap of small accessories including a new leather keychain & a handy screwdriver.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1237.jpg  

Old 17th June 2010, 11:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

RGK, congrats on finally getting your car. Why do you say metal keychains can't be used? I have been using this one in my Fiesta without any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-large_s69006.jpg  

Old 17th June 2010, 13:20   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the car , post some pics of the black beauty
Old 17th June 2010, 13:23   #20
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks carfanatic007
Ya all photos are stuck in my b-i-l camera and waiting for him to send. Will wait a day or two, otherwise let me shoot from my camera & upload.

Thanks Gilead
In the manual it is written using full metal key chain would have impact on the PATS (engine mobiiser). Hence my query. I would be very happy if metal key chains are allowed. - have picked a good one like above.

Last edited by RGK : 17th June 2010 at 13:26.
Old 17th June 2010, 16:21   #21
BHPian

[quote=RGK;1940332]I am thinking of getting 3M body schutz and trying to apply with help of good service station guy.quote]

Think Chennai Ford charges approximately Rs.3000/- for underbody quoting. I have not done it so far but planning to get it done from a 3M authorized dealer. Guess this will work out cheaper than doing it directly with Ford
Old 17th June 2010, 17:22   #22
RGK
Senior - BHPian

[quote=e-biz;1941264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am thinking of getting 3M body schutz and trying to apply with help of good service station guy.quote]

Think Chennai Ford charges approximately Rs.3000/- for underbody quoting. I have not done it so far but planning to get it done from a 3M authorized dealer. Guess this will work out cheaper than doing it directly with Ford
Yes. I met a genuine 3M dealer in Teynampet and quoting around 2500/- with 3M warranty.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:35   #23
RGK
Senior - BHPian

key with metal key chain..
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-004.jpg  

Old 18th June 2010, 08:41   #24
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Took for first time in the city to drop my daughter - total 9kms in T Nagar. Could not continously run in 3rd gear. After coming back home -DTE dropped like rocket coming down to earth from 365 to 344 But the needle remained almost at same position.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-012.jpg  

Old 18th June 2010, 08:43   #25
RGK
Senior - BHPian

2mm Steering grip covers the steering
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-014.jpg  

Old 18th June 2010, 10:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice steering cover. I think it goes well with the interior theme.

Its the in city drives that kill the FE on the Figo. trrk has proved it with his scangauge. The fact that he has got good experience driving diesels and that the best and worst figures in normal driving has come from him is more than enough proof.

The other day i spoke to one guy who has a swift Vdi. I asked him what mileage he gets in city. He immediately said 20. I bugged him more and he said he thinks he gets 18. I'm sure that figure would have reduced further if i had been adamant on an actual figure.

I spoke to another friend of mine who owns a Palio MJD. I know him very well and for sure know that he would not bluff. Guess what he told me he is getting in city ...10km/l !!! But his runs are very short. Around 4km one way to his office.

I really think anything around 14km/l in city driving with a/c should be a good mileage for a diesel. Its these sales guys who promise us anything above 18 in city and 24 on highways that increase our expectations to levels that can never be satisfied on a regular basis.

You haven't removed the plastic on the music system?

And about the underbody coating, If at all you plan to get it done, i think its better to do it from the service centre. That way you could get the touch up done during services without having to visit another place for this purpose.
Old 18th June 2010, 13:38   #27
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes Gemi - When I picked I really dont know the diameter of the steering. It came with two nos of seat belt wrappers also.
Yes DTE takes the parameter of fuel injection, eng rpm etc and calculates electronically. I would have filled the tank before driving inside city to calculate the correct highway mileage . I think I would end up around 14 with A/c in city. Yes 18 & 24 are miracle figures and will get only under 60-70kms max speed.
I have not removed any plastic covers inside the car. Planning to put a same colour seat cover also and then remove these things and fit perfume etc. Thinking of doing underbody coating from a know 3M dealer (reasonable guy) at the same time, nothing great in it.
-Wash the underbody and ask the guy to spray this only under the chassis and not under exhaust,engine frames.
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:01   #28
RGK
Senior - BHPian

At last some photos ( Note: I am not a creative photographer)
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-016j.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2010, 21:25   #29
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Another View - just two screws for front license plate
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-018.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2010, 21:34   #30
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I think NASA can use Ford experience to manufacture light weight plastics -eg: Figo front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-021.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 22nd June 2010 at 21:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks