Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 18:15   #76
BHPian

RGK.
I think you should put the centre mat above the side mats. that way dust accumulation at the joints can be avoided. At least that s how i have done it in alto.
BTW, I TD ed a Figo TDCI last week at MPL Ford. WIll start bugging you owners soon.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:08   #77
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Will do that Vignesh.
Welcome I think new batch of cars would be free from initial problems like squeak sounds, swerving to left etc..
Old 21st July 2010, 17:12   #78
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Given for 1st Service at 2580km to MPL ford.. Continous rain in chennai from yesterday (now better) may force to take the delivery of the car tomorrow. Due to committments again I am not able to give for service. My friend has taken the responsibility.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Due to committments again I am not able to give for service. My friend has taken the responsibility.
Whoever goes for taking delivery, please check the oil quantity billed. It should be 3.8L. I have been billed 4L.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:20   #80
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Taken delivery after 1st service yesterday night at 7 pm. The service advisor and the billing guy waited (another 1 or two customer was there).
Just they informed about what they have done and checked all the tightness of the bolts & nuts. check the rear glass tightness and also sounds.

As it was dark I did not notice the cleanliness of the car inside. I noticed today morning and found lot of dust and mud inside. I think they have taken trial after water wash. I called again and fixed an appointment with them tomorrow - . In fact I gave two days time for the service as I do not want to take in rain. Cant they do a vacuum again before handing over.
The wash was OK. The wheel caps are not cleaned properly. The engine and chassis was done neatly.
Overall Ok with the service. But MPL ford guys are courteous and responsive.
Attaching the task list and bill. Doc - They bill only for 3.8 L of engine oil.
Wash liquid replacement is useless is my feeling.
Total bill was 1230/-
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-joblist.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-bill.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 23rd July 2010 at 13:24.
Old 24th July 2010, 18:37   #81
RGK
Senior - BHPian

At last have put my seat covers. will post clear pictures tomo
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_111.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 07:46   #82
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Attaching photos of the seat covers. The make is Dorado. Cost Rs 3250/-.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1270.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1271.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 09:05   #83
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Some more photos of the front seats
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1277.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1278.jpg  

Old 13th August 2010, 09:13   #84
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Hill Drive update

Done 2800km and planned for a trip to have Lord Balaji darshan at Tirumala.

Tank filled - IOCL (not changed so far)
DTE showed around 580
Four adults (2 lanky persons)
2 kids - Tlotal weight around 320kg
Air - Nitrogen (inflated at 34 and 39 on 9th July 10)
5 litres of water and some food - max 5 kg

Started at 5 am.
Roads in Chennai west are relaid due to two new flyovers and no warning signs, reflectors . What NHAI is doing? No body is there except trucks and buses to help to get the correct direction if you are new. Almost all countries have good road signs everywhere to guide drivers without seeking help. India is need to learn on that.
The road via Tiruttani is good and I normally reach Alamelumangapuram (house of goddess Padmavathy - wife of Lord balaji) by taking left after vadamalapettai in AP. When you cross AP border, speed brakers welcome you at every junction and every towns.
I did not scrap except only once as I drove bit fast.

Then came the Alipiri (entry for ghat road to tirumala). After the excellent toll I shifted to 1st and thrill began. TDCi response was normal and able to shift to all gears within short distance(road will become normal for the 1st 3 kms after the toll) and I was in 5th with 60k speed. No hassles in TDCi.
Then the slopes and curves started - here is the diff you see with a high quality ride car - Figo responded well and am able to negotiate all curves without cutting speed in 3rd. At hairpin bends I shift to 3rd after taking the bend if I was in 4th or maintain the lower gear to negotiate the hairpin bend. The ghat road, no doubt is at par with any international road with clear road markings and reflectors and high quality black top.

No issues with TDCi and it cruised all along the gradients with ease and never felt (I did not test with A/c as my engine is still to reach 5k and complete running in is not done) any sluggishness. As said before at 2nd gear if you are below 1500 rpm, the response is low - but that happens even in plain roads as well. As expected I covered the 17km hill drive in 40 min which I normally cover in all cars I have driven. Figo's gives excellent road view except the blind curves where the right A pillar creates a blind spot where you need to use the right window. Temp gauge would have been a clear boom if it was there to test the eng temp. I even touched 50 - 60k when roads are comfortable. I normally maintain left lanes in all curves and as the body roll is minimal, I never brought down the speed at any curves and no sounds either.

Had a good darshan and started at 3pm - the downhill which has 48 hairpin bends. The natural pull is more due to the downhill and even at 3rd the speed easily crossed 40, so need to brake more at hairpin bends. Normally I wont brake much, will try to maintain a comfortable speed and take a maximum "u" turns (maximum radius) so that I need not brake.
After accompanying to the speed I reduced a bit and avoided braking much. It was a fantastic trip with Figo TDCi on the best of ghat roads in India. So Figo response is as expected in ghat roads and no need to worry about climbing a hill. The engine has enough torque and pwoer to pull 5 people. May need to test with more uphill climbing traffic in Ooty or Kodai.

By gods grace - No sounds after the trip so far that is after covering around 50 hair pin bends.
Sorry for poor quality photos - taken in 2mb mobile phone and by my daughter
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_119.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_120.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_121.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 13th August 2010 at 09:16.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:21   #85
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Some Observations:

1. Engine sound is becoming smooth - experienced by all
2. Headlights - useless. Neither it has power nor exact focus.
3. Chennai & Andhra have high temperatures nowadays - But the A/c performs excellent - proved again.
4. Plastic parts are definitely below quality.
5. Power windows are necessary at the back - Ford should do this extra fitment free of cost.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:26   #86
BHPian

@RGK. Good to see your trip . Thanks for the details. Whats the FE on this trip?
On the headlight front - do you feel this problem at low speeds as well. Try the middle position option as suggested by Gemi.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:25   #87
BHPian

Wow!
What an engaging, and detailed report!
Thank you very much for your meticulous attention to everything, now waiting for photographs to seal the deal!

You mentioned you're 6'2, and are still comfortable at the wheel, with an adult able to sit behind you in reasonable comfort. A pic of the right side of your Figo with you and an adult behind you (and doors open) will really help us get an idea of the space available.

I drive an Ikon, and push the driver's seat all the way back, it is not comfortable for an adult to sit behind me in this case, hence the request for a snap of the figo handling two big guys sitting on the right side.

Keep the reports coming, more snaps and any interesting experiences at the service center will be icing on the cake.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 13th August 2010, 17:59   #88
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
@RGK. Good to see your trip . Thanks for the details. Whats the FE on this trip?
On the headlight front - do you feel this problem at low speeds as well. Try the middle position option as suggested by Gemi.
Not refilled so far. Now the DTE shows 427 + Trip meter 343 = 770/45 = 17.11 (including highway drive + hill + city drive)
I think this is approximate only. I will be doing a refill before my next trip planned this month end. Fuel needle is around 75%. Will update at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Wow!
What an engaging, and detailed report!
Thank you very much for your meticulous attention to everything, now waiting for photographs to seal the deal!

You mentioned you're 6'2, and are still comfortable at the wheel, with an adult able to sit behind you in reasonable comfort. A pic of the right side of your Figo with you and an adult behind you (and doors open) will really help us get an idea of the space available.

I drive an Ikon, and push the driver's seat all the way back, it is not comfortable for an adult to sit behind me in this case, hence the request for a snap of the figo handling two big guys sitting on the right side.

Keep the reports coming, more snaps and any interesting experiences at the service center will be icing on the cake.

Cheers,
Sriku
Thanks Sriku. Will do that in a day or two. I drive my BIL ikon. Due to lower seat and steering position, you need to push it back giving an uncomfortable position at the back, but Figo is definitely better than that. Any how let me take a snap and post it.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:21   #89
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Planning to do a long drive tomorrow. I have not refilled diesel after my previous long drive. May help to calculate FE of that trip also.
Will post more details after my trip.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:33   #90
BHPian

Have a safe trip.. and fill us in with more details...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks