Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 13:51   #91
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Vignesh - I refilled last thursday before my longdrive. It took 18.4litres. So my mileage was 343/18.4 = 18.6kms. This includes onway trip to Tirupathi - uphill drive to Tirumala - downhill and return to Chennai via Porur -with city traffic. Except at Hills - it was full of A/c.

@Sriku - I will take snaps in a day or two and post it. Sorry for the delay.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:49   #92
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Had a long drive from Chennai to my native through NH45 and halt at Trichy.
Tankfilled at BP (first time at BP). It took 18.4 litres (so my previous Tirupathi trip mileage was 18.6)
-Top up Nitrogen - 34 front, 36 - rear
-3 Adults - 2 kids
-Full A/c
-21" old TV, Air cooler + baggages
-Max speed 83kmph

Started Chennai at 4.30 pm and reached Trichy at 9.30 pm.
The drive was smooth and car responded all my calls. Got used to the speedbrakers, did not scratch. After sunset, switched on the headlights- as noticed by all - useless. No real power and focus. It was better at "0" position. Throughout I maintained 80km speed and one or two occasions reached 90 for overtaking. How this headlights be enough at high speeds.
Reached my native after halt and total km driven was 483. Took to a service station to do a vacuum inside as dust gets accumulated easily.
Suddenly got some squeak at the rear near the right side. As gemi said, it is irritating. Luckily it got stopped by itself.
Changed the position of window levers at the back to stop glass windows coming down. Need to check. Just have a tester and remove the clip(insert between the lever and the door pad) and pull the lever. Insert the clip in the lever and reposition correctly and push it so it gets locked.
Refilled again at IOCL - Took 26 litres after 483 kms so again 18.6km with complete A/c. Started at 12 pm on sunday and reached chennai at 8.30pm. Touched 100 one or two times - induced by other vehicles zip past you and due to Figo's excellent ride quality. My car has crossed 4000km.

Drove in one stretch after 2 small halts of 15 min each. No major discomfort feeling. Neck pillow may be of good help as suggested by others. So my next purchase would be neck pillows and vacuum cleaner

My trip meter shows 451.1 and DTE 465. So crossing 900 for 45 litres first time - comes around 20km/l.
Except headlights and plastic parts, Figo is a good car. Received my Jopasu car duster last week. It is very useful.
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:55   #93
BHPian

@RGK, to be honest, we were expecting a little more FE, given that you were keeping it between 80-100 mostly.Around 20?
Old 5th September 2010, 20:02   #94
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Vignesh - Absolutely correct . I was honestly maintaining 80 (+ or - 2km) throughout.
But need to fill immediately before entering the city to find out the exact mileage.

@ Sriku - Atlast a photo - I am in driver seat and an adult sitting behind drivers seat. The position is comfortable for all city and long drives. Taken just before cleaning the car and hence a poor attire.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-pictures-074.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 5th September 2010 at 20:06.
Old 6th September 2010, 01:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Except headlights and plastic parts, Figo is a good car.
Why don't you upgrade the headlights? I think good headlights + relay costs under 1500.

Or does doing so void your warranty?
Old 6th September 2010, 10:35   #96
BHPian

^^ yes that should void the warranty. However i recommend having the same done via the dealer. That way the dealers can also send the feedback to ford about the low headlights and can factory fit better ones for the next batch.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:30   #97
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Why don't you upgrade the headlights? I think good headlights + relay costs under 1500.

Or does doing so void your warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ yes that should void the warranty. However i recommend having the same done via the dealer. That way the dealers can also send the feedback to ford about the low headlights and can factory fit better ones for the next batch.
You can easily change the bulbs to 90/100 watts, but need to check the wiring capacity and as said a new relay (can take a direct connection from battery) as said - warranty concerns. I still hope that Ford will come up with small upgrades with decent charges.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:00   #98
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Given my car for windshield change yesterday. The surveyor from New India Assurance co came and gave approval. The job is taken yesterday and will get the car today. Posting the estimate.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-windshieldest.jpg  

Old 9th September 2010, 16:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

^ Roughly the same estimate I got. Once you get the car back check for any leaks or gaps after the refit.
Let us know when you get the car back
Old 9th September 2010, 16:55   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received my Jopasu car duster last week. It is very useful.
Hi,

From where you ordered Jopasu Car duster and what is the price?
Please send me the link if it's thro! website.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:05   #101
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for caution - Captainslow. Surely i will update

@aks - Jopasu Car Care Products India. But this is sold through only ebay. I have spoken to Jopasu guys and sometimes their product is removed from ebay due to some payment issues. If it is not there in the ebay.in, pl call Jopasu - Mr. Pankaj Katdare : + (91) - 9921000262 and get when will it be listed in ebay. The cost is 470 + 40 shipping.

+1 -- I found another duster with steel handle for 300 in chennai, of same quality but did not test it

On the headlights part - even swift ddis come with 55/60 w. The spare is also the same and also bright.

Last edited by RGK : 9th September 2010 at 17:08.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Given my car for windshield change yesterday. The surveyor from New India Assurance co came and gave approval. The job is taken yesterday and will get the car today. Posting the estimate.
Any particular reason for changing the windshield? Sorry, if i had missed any of your earlier posts.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:13   #103
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Ya ebiz This is what happened. I preferred updating in the figo review forum for benefit of all as most will visit the thread and hence you may not able to pick in this thread.
This is what happened
<<Interesting sad story - when i was coming back on Sunday to Chennai on NH45 (on the outskirts of chennai) I saw a sand lorry without cover travelling in front. Due to wind the sand and small stones are thrown out causing danger to two wheelers and small stone particles fell down. I noticed the vehicle no and overtook. Asked my wife to call 108. 108 reverted us to call 100 and when she called 100, they told that it is out city limit and gave one pucca landline no which was engaged. So we thought of informing any traffic cop. But it was sunday night and no body was there till I entered Tambaram (south entry point of Chennai). So we left and came home.
After a day I washed the car today and I was drying (hardpressing with little wet cloth)the windshield and suddenly i saw a crack about 1 feet horizontally and a small broken piece . Was extremely upset on this. Eventhough it is not my fault, I should have been careful and should not have followed that lorry. I did not go close but I feel the stone would have bounced from ground and hit my windshield.
I called the body shop and they say an estimation of 8500/- Glass is fully covered. but the sealant, rubber beeding and policy excess - Rs 500 will come around 2 to 3k.
Tomorrow being a holiday i need to arrange for the surveyor to see the car on thursday. Need to coordinate as my insurance was taken at Coimbatore..>>>

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...eview-213.html - post 3186

Taken photos of the cracked windshield. Hope it is clear and will post tomorrow.
Old 10th September 2010, 18:15   #104
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Taken the delivery now. Unfortunately the bill was increased to 7909/-. They said some paste,liquid was missed in the list.
The glass is neatly fitted. I told them in case of any leakage due to rain, I will bring.
No diff except the quality OK sticker. The car was water washed (may be added in the bill).
Posting the crack.. Photo take from top of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-picture-001.jpg  

Old 15th September 2010, 13:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taken the delivery now. Unfortunately the bill was increased to 7909/-. They said some paste,liquid was missed in the list.
The glass is neatly fitted. I told them in case of any leakage due to rain, I will bring.
No diff except the quality OK sticker. The car was water washed (may be added in the bill).
Posting the crack.. Photo take from top of the car.
My windshield also had similar cracks after some tiny stones fell on it.

They never charged me for that! How much are you paying from your pocket? I paid about 1800-2000 Rs. Rest was covered by insurance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks