Team-BHP - Uber cool babe - White I 20 Sportz Petrol -
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Uber cool babe - White I 20 Sportz Petrol - (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/83831-uber-cool-babe-white-i-20-sportz-petrol.html)

Hulloo people,

After a month long oscillation on

to buy a hatchback or sedan
to go for diesel or petrol,
to buy the I 20 or Figo,
to buy magna or sports,
to buy black one or a red one or a white one.
to book it at Trident or Blue Hyundai

we finally decided to buy a white I 20 petrol Sports variant from Blue Hyundai. 100% payment done on 17.06.2010. Actually the payment is being made as I type this post @ 13.35 hrs using the office lunch time.

As this car is basically for my dad and he barely runs it for 30Km / day, we decided petrol would be ideal for his use.

Dad and Mom would be taking delivery of the car @ 16.00hrs from Blue Hyundai @ Mysore road.

About the dealer, I have interacted with one Mr Veeru, he is the branch manager there. Very cordial and patient. He was patient enough to yield to our colour change request thrice.
Initially, I was keen on booking from Trident (It was near to my office on Ali Askar Road) but they did not have cars at their disposal when we wanted and they had a waiting period of 4 weeks and white colour would still be delayed. Again very cordial guys and very patient while dealing with customers.

Retrospecting the last 2 months research, I test drove -

Ford Figo -

Petrol - Smooth engine - Little under powered.(IMO)
Diesel - Amazing engine. Sooper pull. Almost zeroed in to buy the black.

BUT,

Ford after sales service was a big NEGATIVE. Apart from few threads in our website I also enquired with couple of Ford owners who confirmed this. I even went to the extent of checking with some ford owners who would stop by my car at signals or at the malls or at dealer place.

But one positive feed back I received from one ford owner was that he is opting ford for the second time in his car buying history. He used to own a Ford Ikon and now he has switched to Ford Endeavour. He says the ford service has improved leaps and bounds as compared to 8 years ago. He suggested Metro Ford to be the best place for Ford A.S.S. Still dad was sceptical so dropped.

Volkswagen Polo -

Petrol - Loved the roar. Sooper car to drive, perfect for Bangalore city roads.
Diesel - I have no words to explain my joy after driving this car.I was more or less like that guy from the Indica Vista Drivetech4 ad.

BUT,

Palace Cross Volkswagen, had about 4 months waiting for the Trendline variant of petrol and about 5 - 6 months variant for Diesel.

Someday may be after my Swift completes 1lakh KM, I will certainly trade in for the Polo.

Hyundai I 20 -

Actually we had test driven the petrol variant - magna from Trident Hyundai back in February, but my dad was not sure if he actually wanted a hatchback or sedan. Hence the plans were shelved.
After my dad had decided to pick up a hatch, from the day 1 I wanted him to buy the I 20. It may not be a sooper hatch but it sure is a Hot hatch that makes head turn. A car like that parked in my garage is what I always dreamt of. Further, the service is next best to Maruti so all the more peace in buying the car.clap:

BUT,

None actually except for not being able to see all the colours at the Trident stock yard and the waiting period.

I straight away ruled out -

TATA - Bad experience with my Indica DLS @ Concorde Dairy Circle. They have no respect for customer's time and money. Sadly the service is still the same.

Maruti - Apart from having 2 Swifts in the family and my dad disliking the Ritz (I personally like the design), there weren't many options left.

Skoda - Fabia we all liked. HTP engine was irritating somehow. Have always loved the Diesel engine of the Skoda but the A.S.S and the TDI engine phase out made me rule that out too.

Will post pictures over the weekend. Will get the registration number tomorrow so have to get the IND plates done for the car.

Happy motoring and Safe Driving brothers.:)

Peace.:thumbs up

Congrats on your i20 sportz. My friend got the delivery of white i20 sportz 10 days ago and i drove the car for about 45 mins yesterday and found it a pleasure to drive. its a nicely loaded car. Lot of people have complained about it being under powered, but honetly, for the city driving comfort the car is surely a VFM. the only thing my friend is disappointed is his first tank ful to tank ful mileage 80% City and 20% high with 100% AC returned him just about 12 KMPL. Now i dont know if its good or bad. But he said he was expecting more. May be after the first service it may improve.

Awaiting pics and initial driving experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_boundaries (Post 1941082)
Hulloo people,

Congratz no_boundaries!
First i20 Sportz to be reported here, if I'm not mistaken. Naturally, waiting for a detailed review and pictures. Cheers.

Congrats on your latest Sporty Acquisition no_boundaries!!

If I am right, the Sportz version comes with Indicators on ORVM. If so, just like many here, would love to see some pics at the earliest.

Congrats on the i20 Petrol. Its a superb looking car.

btw, the engine is still same one that does duty in i10 Kappa?

Do post some pictures soon.

Hey congrats mate. Post the pictures soon. Drive safe.

Your dad is going to love this one. Big, comfortable, decent ride and a fair share of equipment. Also, the efficiency of the 1.2 petrol will ensure those 30 km a day don't cost you much.

Congrats buddy. i20 is a wonderful car and sports version is heavily loaded with accessories.
Waiting for detailed review and the pics of course.
Happy motoring!!

THE UBER COOL BABE IS HOME. YIPIEEEE ...

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WISHES and Honestly I'm sorry I could not upload the pictures yet. I will do so first thing this weekend.

Boy does she look stunning. She is white and looks cuter than my pet lab. stupid:

After an awesome foot ball match, came home to an even bigger WOW effect standing there in my garage with a wide GLEEE.
Blue ribbons running across the hood had the neighbours checking the car out giving the "OHH !! NEW CAR !!??" looks.

The drive feel -

With just 67km on the ODO and 31km on the trip she behaves like a new kid on the block therefore she is smooth. Took it for a spin on the Devanhalli road in the crisp early morning. The car is sooper to drive around at moderate speeds. You try to push her to run faster she hesitates a bit but yields later. Honestly IMO, she is not as responsive as my Swift. I still remember when I rolled her out of Mandovi how eager she was to spread her wings out and fly into the horizon. Anyway, as she is a new car may be she requires some time to open up.
The engine is very silent and the air con is chilly. Have to test once under hot sun.
The audio is very mediocre. I would give it a 2.5 / 5 rating. IMO so far Skoda has the best speaker set. In comparison to that these are no where. So, the speaker upgrade is on the To-Do list.
The interiors IMO are best in its class after the Fabia / Polo. The blue display is sooper cool on the dash but could irritate the eye on a longer drive. Just for this there is an option to "dark" out the information display.

The Sportz version comes with -

Chrome plated front grill
Turn Indicators on the ORVM - Which means the fender is completely plain.
Only Driver air bag with seat belt pre tensioners
Silver finish central console and spokes on the steering wheel.
Audio / Folder change / Source switch controls on the steering wheel.
Electrically Opening / closing / adjustable ORVM
USB / Aux ports. - Ipod can be connected but its painful to select a song from your playlists. I'd prefer an aux port to play the Ipod.
Air Con vents in the glove box to chill bottles of any kind.
FATC - Fully automatic temperature control system to cool the cabin.
Driver window Auto roll down / roll up switch.
Remote integrated key.

As standard (May be Era variant does not have some / all of these features)-

4 power windows - Illuminated
Power steering / Telescopic adjustable
Rear parcel tray
Brown Interiors
Audio System with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters

Over the next few days -

Have to stick the "GOT BHP" Sticker.
Have to get the IND registration plates.
Have to tear out the plastics covering the seats.
Check for speaker upgrades. Not sure how good the new installs would be on the stock HU.

I will post some pictures of the car delivery may be later today. I had asked the dealer to click few pictures as my dad had forgotten the camera.

Happy motoring and safe driving.

Peace.:thumbs up

Congrats on the i20 Sports. Do post the pictures and enjoy many more miles on the i20

What is the on - road cost and do give updates on the AC.

Mods : Please close this thread as the car is sold.