Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 20:51   #1

My Hyundai i10 shopping experience....

Hi,

I have finally planned to buy a Hyundai i10 Magna A/T. Background, i am in overseas now, and will be using the car in chennai.

First thing i did is to email all the chennai dealers. Sent a email on 5/24/2010 to all the dealers in chennai listed on the hyundai website. Aparently no one replied. I was so pissed off with the customer service of these dealers and emailed the main website customer email service.

I just wanted to be sure that they are taking the customer customer care very seriously. To my benefit i got a email from customer relations on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 telling me that a a Dealer / Area Office within 3 working days. I decided to wait for 2 days. After 2 days I got a email from Mr. Ahmad at Hyundai Sales on Thursday, June 17, 2010 saying which city i would like to buy the car from. As i was in the south, i told them my pref would be in chennai.

I got a email from a person called Mr. Ravi Subramannian from G M Sales Express Hyundai. He was very responsive to my questions. I called him and told him my requirements. He put me on touch with Ms Vijayalakshmi, sales manager from
Express Hyundai.

I will keep you guys posted on my journey to getting a Hyundai i10 Magna A/T.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your decision. I too drive the same car and same variant but a M/T.

Without sounding offensive, i'd like to ask you why are you sending emails to dealers from overseas when you would like to buy the car when your back in Chennai? i10 Kappa is usually available of the shelf.

This entire shopping thing just fazed me.

Simple suggestions step-wise :-

1. Return to Chennai from overseas

2. Visit the dealership in person

3. Submit the cheque if not taking a loan OR work with a finance company and give loan documents to Hyundai dealer along with downpayment cheque

4. Drive the car from dealership to home

Hope above steps are simple to understand. If not, i can try making above steps even more simpler.
Old 19th June 2010, 16:18   #3

Hi Mobi,

Well, i asked the maruthi guys for the sx4 and they said they needed a month. So i thought that the hyundai would take a month also. My mistake. I will visit chennai next month so will visit the dealers. Need 10K as booking amount I was told.

thanks
Old 19th June 2010, 18:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good choice !
But you'll find that it's much easier to bargain and get better deals when you interact face to face with th dealers.
Chennai has quite a few Hyundai dealers and prices can be very competitive if you shop a little!
Also if you do make calls from overseas etc, some dealers could take you for a little ride!
Simply call and ask how long the waiting time is.
I'm sure TBHP members will tell you what exactly the waiting time is!
Old 19th June 2010, 18:44   #5
BHPian

Dude, ive got an i10 Sportz recently. Let me know if you want good deals. One Mr.Vasu from DSC hyundai (Nandanam) had given me excellent offer for my Sportz. I got close to 30K on discounts along with insurance of my choice. I would aqlso be getting 15k off as a part of exchange bonus. Do let me know if you are looking for any assistance.

Get back to chennai and meet the dealers directly.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car!

Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks