Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 22:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
For my Verna, I got very classy, beige seat covers, in false leather and fabric from Hyundai's accessory store. The sweat areas like the middle of the back and the bottom of the seat are in a jut kind of fabric, and the rest is false leather. They compliment the color scheme of the interiors very well too. I paid 6.5K for mine.

Hyundai also sells great rubber mats in beige, which do the job of protecting the beige carpet nicely.

For the sunfilm, I would highly recommend V-Kool. I got mine done for 12.5K (including front windshield), and the results are amazing. It cuts off UV radiation and heat by over 90 percent, while letting all the light in.

Check out my car pics here.
actually i have seen the seats i have ordered on the verna today and they really look good and classy, as for the sunfilm V-Kool is kinda expensive 9K at hyundai so i'v opted for garware "ice cool elite" 92%UV & 64% resistance for 5K. as a matter of fact will get complete black rubber matting done and beige mats.
thanx for the suggestion
Old 20th June 2010, 10:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying a Verna. The car will give you the best combination of performance and fuel efficiency. My car has done 25K kms in less than 2 yrs, including at least 6 highway trips. Am thoroughly impressed with the performance and reliability. Wishing you many miles of happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post
I giving a false happy face and sat on the driver seat got my myself comfortable and engaged 1st gear and started rolling felt the engine is sluggish then suddenly at 1800rpm I got a big push and I was like what the F slowed down and looked at my friend and he said “aaram se chala bhai” I started again and accelerated slowly and was waiting for 1800rpm and again the turbo kicked in I had a grin on my face as I shifted at 2.5K in all gears since the car was new. The power delivery was so beautiful that I was jealous of him and the Verna started growing on me,

All the way home I was thinking how can I get my hands on one ASAP but I knew finances will not permit now and two months passed and I got over it and met my friend again he had completed 3500kms already so was driving fast so I asked him whether I can see how good it feels at high speeds, took it to an empty stretch slowed down shifted down in 1st and accelerated hard I was just wow the punch it was giving me so kept shifting at 4K all gears and I was doing 155 in 4th and shifted to 5th and slowing the speedo climbed to 190 I was like WOW with 32 all out , but I did find the car was not comfortable at those speeds steering was very light felt weird maybe I was not used to it that’s why. We stopped at a dhaba for a glass of lassi and chatted with him asked him about mileage and again I was shocked he was getting 15kmpl with ac on at all times and in a city like Kolkata 15 is amazing trust me.
Welcome to the "Convert" experience . I too was a similar ignoramus who laughed on the salesman's face when he asked me to TD the Verna as I was looking for a performance car. But after driving it around Salt Lake and Rajarhat once, I was smitten with the performance!

Quote:
Today 4pm i reached Mukesh Hyundai and booked my Crystal White Verna (SX CRDI VGT) and I have specifically told them that I need the car on 25th June because it will be a Friday which is an auspicious day for us, so I have made it clear to them that if I don’t get the car by then I am going to cancel my booking (just dhamki).
Same pinch. I took delivery on 25th September because the number 7 is auspicious for us.

Quote:
I was thinking weather I should take the car without registration not that I don’t want to but don’t want to be harassed by cops. What do u guys think?
It won't matter. I drove around on a temporary registration for a month. Surprisingly even at night the cops did not catch me.

I guess Kolkata cops normally don't harass high end cars, only Omni/Sumo/Bolero drivers.

Quote:
@allwell i read here @teambhp that using premium diesel makes the car smoke so it's better to use normal diesel. Do give me feed back on this.
Stick to normal diesel. I dunno about the smoking, but in my car, premium diesel makes no difference to performance/FE. Better save the money and buy normal.

Quote:
My budget is very normal 9K is the max I can afford for seat covers which complement the car.
So kept looking around with my mom starting from 12pm 1st Glix, 2nd Mukesh Hyundai, 3rd Xtreme
Well just to let everyone what I have chosen for my car because it looks sober enough. I am getting everything done at Xtreme Saltlake since their prices are fair and I had got all my lancer work done from them thus I trust their work.
Quote:
well this is costing me Rs 6800, The 2nd best best price i had got was Rs 8000 from Glix & Rs 8400 from the Hyundai Showroom.
This is surprising. I got G-Sport customized seat covers from Glix for 7K. I agree the autoform looks sober enough, but its like choosing from a menu instead of getting your dish made at your choice .

Quote:
as for the sunfilm V-Kool is kinda expensive 9K at hyundai so i'v opted for garware "ice cool elite" 92%UV & 64% resistance for 5K. as a matter of fact will get complete black rubber matting done and beige mats.
thanx for the suggestion
9K is insane!!! Dont bother with fitting Sunfilm at the dealer. Get it fitted at an external accessory store. You'll get Llumar or 3M (which are international brands of superior quality) for around 3.5-4K.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:06   #18
BHPian

Congrats Lancer.ized.

Even I was in dilema while choosing between ANHC and Verna Diesel. Verna CRDI's torques is additive. But finally settled for ANHC.

Drive safe and do post some pcitures after you have finished installing the accessories.

Xtreme is a good shop. Also check out Salt Lake Glix.
Old 20th June 2010, 16:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase. I wish you had booked the red color. Looks superb. But it your choice Please post some pictures of that monster and drive safe.
Old 20th June 2010, 20:24   #20
BHPian

@predatorwheelz i was really looking forward for ur suggestions since we share the same city & pricing of accessories is going to match. well i might just get the car on the 24th evening around 3pm. By the way which sunfilm are you using ? do give me feebback on it.

@Ram_NP but what made you choose ANHC ? was it because your monthly usage was less ? and yes torque is very additive.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@predatorwheelz i was really looking forward for ur suggestions since we share the same city & pricing of accessories is going to match. well i might just get the car on the 24th evening around 3pm. By the way which sunfilm are you using ? do give me feebback on it.
I'm using Llumar all around. Excellent package, keeps my car pretty cool. Not a single ripple in 21 months of usage, although that is due to good fitting as well.

As for your car delivery, best of luck. The feeling of bringing a spanking new car out of the showroom is unparalleled. Don't hesitate to ask for any further queries.
Old 21st June 2010, 01:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
I'm using Llumar all around. Excellent package, keeps my car pretty cool. Not a single ripple in 21 months of usage, although that is due to good fitting as well.

As for your car delivery, best of luck. The feeling of bringing a spanking new car out of the showroom is unparalleled. Don't hesitate to ask for any further queries.
yes it's all about fitting, well opting for garware (ice cool elite) as u read it was highly suggested by the xtreme guys cause they have happy customers.
as far as the new car feeling well you can see the post timimgs i'm usually awake late cheking out everything again & again, infact my mom has read this thread and was asking me why are you so excited it's only a car ? but it's hard to explain her.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:26   #23
BHPian

@all does the stock system play mp3 folders wise ? i'm going to get my power house in 14hrs
Old 24th June 2010, 03:52   #24
BHPian

Congratulations. The Verna in white always looks awesome!

Great choice for a car - Extremely reliable and predictable - although I still feel at this price, Airbags should be included. Apart from that its an excellent package.

You will hear multiple opinions on how badly the car handles, etc - but if you know how to drive well, it should not be a problem for you. You just need to be a little careful at speeds above 130. I know it because I own one and have already completed 35 K Kms on it.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 24th June 2010, 04:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Congratulations. The Verna in white always looks awesome!

Great choice for a car - Extremely reliable and predictable - although I still feel at this price, Airbags should be included. Apart from that its an excellent package.

You will hear multiple opinions on how badly the car handles, etc - but if you know how to drive well, it should not be a problem for you. You just need to be a little careful at speeds above 130. I know it because I own one and have already completed 35 K Kms on it.

Enjoy the drive!
thanks
will bigger tyres n rims help or just tyres will do, because i'm planning to drive it extensively on the highways.
Old 24th June 2010, 04:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
will bigger tyres n rims help or just tyres will do, because i'm planning to drive it extensively on the highways.
I am not an expert in this, but I believe better tyres on the existing rims should do. Getting bigger 15 inch alloys will actually make the ride a lot stiffer.

I believe Pras.Oct25 put 195/60/R14 tyres on his existing rims - you may be able to do the same

The stock setup is fine as well for all the highway drives you plan for. I have the same tyres (except the alloys) and have driven extensively on highways - the longest being a trip from Mumbai to Chennai and a couple of Chennai / Bangalore trips - the stock setup was absolutely fine.
Old 24th June 2010, 05:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
I am not an expert in this, but I believe better tyres on the existing rims should do. Getting bigger 15 inch alloys will actually make the ride a lot stiffer.

I believe Pras.Oct25 put 195/60/R14 tyres on his existing rims - you may be able to do the same

The stock setup is fine as well for all the highway drives you plan for. I have the same tyres (except the alloys) and have driven extensively on highways - the longest being a trip from Mumbai to Chennai and a couple of Chennai / Bangalore trips - the stock setup was absolutely fine.
thanks a lot for letting me know about the 130kmph+ speeds really appreciate it. i somehow missed his thread will be following his thread from now on.

i'm too excited getting delivery in 10hrs could not sleep the whole night
Old 24th June 2010, 14:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lancer.ized.
Congratulations on booking the car. So you are getting the delivery today. I can understand your excitement.
Please post the snaps and a little review after you get the keys in your hand.
All the best, and wish you good luck for your new car.Hope you have a wonderful time with it.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:56   #29
Team-BHP Support

Is it Gibran?
Congratulations Boy! hope the two wheels don't take a back seat.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

^ Yes - he is Gibran Khalil - see profile pic.

Gibran - congrats - do post pics of the car take care and drive safe.

Most Viewed