Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 21:03   #46
BHPian

@all was out town so was not able to drive the car so just done 600kms till now keeping her under 80kmph only sometimes to 100kmph but smoothly. it's still running on the 1st tankfull and still has 70kms more to go that too with 100% AC. i'm loving it

@newcoolgadgets yes i checked it has abs
Old 11th August 2010, 00:47   #47
BHPian

Some pics that i took on sunday when i went for a small drive with family
Attached Thumbnails
Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-dsc01199.jpg  

Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-dsc01210.jpg  

Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-10082010030.jpg  

Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-10082010031.jpg  

Old 11th August 2010, 08:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

The car looks great. I am glad you didn't have to go for the "Transform" version.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:32   #49
BHPian

mee too but the new one has a beautifull exhaust
Old 11th August 2010, 12:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post
mee too but the new one has a beautifull exhaust
Right, maybe that can be a part of the mid-life upgrade. I am not sure how expensive the bumper is, but if it is not prohibitively expensive, this might be something to look forward to.
Old 11th August 2010, 13:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on an excellent buy. White looks excellent, I have one too !

The new Verna Transform is also doing extremely well. I only have one complaint - there are still no airbags !! Even optional !! And that is not god.

Also ABS now comes with drums at rear - it was discs all around a few months back. They stopped that - cost cutting !

Apart from these niggles the Verna remains one of the best drivers cars and has an excellent pick up and drive. The tyres need an upsize to 195. I ride on 175 which came stock with my non ABS model and they did the job fine for 40k km's, due for a replacement soon - maybe another 5k km's if I get lucky ! Will get 195's this time.

FE is about 15 kpl. Let us know what you are getting.

The AC is chilling and easily the best out there in it's segment. Just spray the grill and radiator once a month to keep dust out.
Old 11th August 2010, 13:29   #52
Team-BHP Support

Aren't you bored of Azad Hind Dhaba Gibran?
Old 11th August 2010, 15:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Right, maybe that can be a part of the mid-life upgrade. I am not sure how expensive the bumper is, but if it is not prohibitively expensive, this might be something to look forward to.
well right now i'm happy in what i have, so no changes soon even the system is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Congratulations on an excellent buy. White looks excellent, I have one too !

The new Verna Transform is also doing extremely well. I only have one complaint - there are still no airbags !! Even optional !! And that is not god.

Also ABS now comes with drums at rear - it was discs all around a few months back. They stopped that - cost cutting !

Apart from these niggles the Verna remains one of the best drivers cars and has an excellent pick up and drive. The tyres need an upsize to 195. I ride on 175 which came stock with my non ABS model and they did the job fine for 40k km's, due for a replacement soon - maybe another 5k km's if I get lucky ! Will get 195's this time.

FE is about 15 kpl. Let us know what you are getting.

The AC is chilling and easily the best out there in it's segment. Just spray the grill and radiator once a month to keep dust out.
well i too am getting around 15kmph with 100% AC expecting more after 1st service. airbags should have been cumpulsory but overall nice package. how is the handling at highspeeds i mean crusing at 140kmph on highways ? i heard it's boaty but is that really that bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Aren't you bored of Azad Hind Dhaba Gibran?
well i can never get bored of azad hind because good food there but thats only the 1st stop.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
well i too am getting around 15kmph with 100% AC expecting more after 1st service. airbags should have been cumpulsory but overall nice package. how is the handling at highspeeds i mean crusing at 140kmph on highways ? i heard it's boaty but is that really that bad ?
The whole boaty thing is only only the thinner tires. With the 195s the car feels solid at higher speeds.
Loved your seat covers BTW.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
The whole boaty thing is only only the thinner tires. With the 195s the car feels solid at higher speeds.
Loved your seat covers BTW.
well stock has 185 but havent tried highspeeds yet have only done 100 and it feels planted. thanks glad you like the seat covers
Old 11th August 2010, 17:06   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Verna in White looks terrific. This standard white color has now become so popular in all C and D segment cars.

Great choice of seat covers too. Are they pure leather or Art leather?

Btw, you have not entered the fun zone of a Verna yet, as the fun begins from >100kmph.

Drive Safe!
Old 11th August 2010, 18:05   #57
BHPian

Quote:
well stock has 185 but havent tried highspeeds yet have only done 100 and it feels planted. thanks glad you like the seat covers
On the 185s the car did not feel comfortable beyond 110 or 120 maximum. A tire upsize is a must.
Old 11th August 2010, 18:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Verna in White looks terrific. This standard white color has now become so popular in all C and D segment cars.

Great choice of seat covers too. Are they pure leather or Art leather?

Btw, you have not entered the fun zone of a Verna yet, as the fun begins from >100kmph.

Drive Safe!
thanks the seats are art leather, i love the white cause it looks classy. as for the fun zone have to keep my cool atleast a little longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
On the 185s the car did not feel comfortable beyond 110 or 120 maximum. A tire upsize is a must.
i guess will upgrade once i feel something wierd. will the mileage affect after upsize ??
Old 11th August 2010, 19:03   #59
BHPian

Quote:
i guess will upgrade once i feel something wierd. will the mileage affect after upsize ??
If you dont upsize the fun zone will be the weird zone for you

No I didnt see any difference in mileage. And I think considering the benefits of the upsize, a marginal drop in mileage shouldnt be a big deal. The xm1+ is a fantastic tire in terms of silence and comfort but is not an outright "fun" tire. Maybe the bf good rich is a better buy in that aspect. I kind of wish I had gone for that and not the xm1+, cause I am a pretty "fun" driver
Old 11th August 2010, 20:23   #60
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for the Verna SX. Looks good in white. Nice seat covers too. Have fun with your new toy.

OT- Do you live in Silver Springs? The pics you posted shows the Silver Springs in the background, or is it just because of the Hyundai dealership?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks