Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 00:33   #1
BHPian

Raving about the Toyota Rav4

My hunt for an entry level SUV in the US,ended with the 2010 Toyota Rav4 Base model

I chose the 2.5 V4 4WD and its been a little more than month and half with this beast.

My truck came with the option pack from Toyota that includes the DRL,225\65\R17 wheels(The standard ones are 16"),Black roof rails and cross bars etc

Intend to keep this thread more as a pictorial with bits that I like in the vehicle and so on.

Please bear with my limited photography skills.I just point and shoot

The vehicle in question - 2010 Toyota Rav4 Base
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2682.jpg

Some more exterior pics - The front upclose
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2684.jpg

One more front upclose
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2685.jpg

Rear
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2686.jpg

Rear with tailgate swung open - I just love the huuuuge space here.With the rear seats folding flat,you can move your house comfortably on this

Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2687.jpg

Now lets see some thoughtful additions from Toyota.
When you open the cover that we see here,the jack is neatly tucked away in
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2688.jpg
Rear seats fold flat when we pull the level just above this cover.

On the other side we have the other tools that come standard with the vehicle
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2689.jpg

Adjacent to this,Toyota has provided a 12v socket.
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2690.jpg
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2691.jpg

One more rear shot showing the spare wheel cover and the beautiful tail lights
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2692.jpg

Now lets move to the rear passenger area.It can comfortably seat 3 and there is enormous leg room as well.
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2693.jpg

The knob that you see on the left top corner is used to adjust the rear seat reclination.
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2694.jpg

Since I opted for the version that doesnt have the 3rd row sears,the rear seats have a 60:40 split.Just pushed back one portion a bit to show the rear seat reclined
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2695.jpg

The door contains a bottle holder which can take in a 500ml bottle.Maybe Toyota could have given us a even bigger bottle holder.
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2696.jpg

Now coming to the all important driver ergonomics,the driver side door contains the buttons for all 4 power windows \ door lock-unlock etc.Pretty standard stuff

Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2697.jpg

Please pardon the bad lighting and the dust on the dash on this picture.Opened the door to take these pictures and the ever present strong winds in Michigan did this to the dash
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2699.jpg

You can notice the on demand 4WD manual lock switch in this picture.

The base doesnt come with Auto climate control but even these rotary controls have top notch finish and look impressive.But thats pretty much what you get when you own a Toyota,isnt it?

It came with in-dash 6 cd changer with 6 speakers.I have no clue when it comes to car audio and very happy & content just to hear some music in the car.So I am pretty satisfied with this unit.

Just below this,we have the Traction control On\Off switch

Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2700.jpg

One thing I like about this vehicle is the enormous number of storage space that Toyota has provided.You find them everywhere

This is the 4 speed auto thats doing duty on the Rav4.You also get a 5 speed auto but that comes with the V6 I think
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2701.jpg

The instrument cluster - pretty ordinary and standard stuff.Shockingly no DTE for a vehicle costing USD 25k,common Toyota you could have done much better here

Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2702.jpg

Another shot with the odo set to show the trip meter.
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2703.jpg

On the passenger side,just above the standard glove box,Toyota has provided one more storage space that slidesup at the touch of a button - nice feature to have
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2705.jpg

One more with this storage closed
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2706.jpg

It has vanity mirrors on both driver and passenger side
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2707.jpg

But what is special about them is that when you slide them open to access the mirror,the puddle light just near it turns ON - nice thoughtful addition from Toyota
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2708.jpg

The standard sun glass holder
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2709.jpg

The front arm rest contains a big storage area inside.
Raving about the Toyota Rav4-img_2710.jpg

...to be contd

Last edited by jraj : 20th June 2010 at 00:35.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride! The vehicle looks big but rather uninspiring or intimidating from the front, but the rear looks simple and neat. But I see it is huge inside as with all American vehicles and the space will be needed when you have a kid at home

My niece and nephew say that the Innova is small and that they aren't able to walk through the car end to end
If possible, do post the specs of the car and the basic features it carries. Happy Motoring!
Old 20th June 2010, 06:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Liked the pictures, thanks for sharing them. How about sharing some driving impressions, when you get the time of course.
Old 20th June 2010, 08:05   #4
BHPian

Nice pictoral reveiw jraj. Here already the Toyota dealers are not so keen to sell us the fortuner owing to the huge wait period and some have even stopped taking bookings . If they start selling these here there might be a riot outside dealerships to book one first !! Anyways what's the driving experience of this diesel a/t like ?
Old 20th June 2010, 12:42   #5
BHPian

Hey The pics are pretty good and it has acres of space, just wondering if 25k$ is converted to Indian currency then at ~12 lakhs this would be a killer in India
Old 20th June 2010, 13:12   #6
BHPian

Congrats jraj for the RAV4. A very comprehensive photo shoot, I must say. That vanity mirror feature was quite thoughtful.
Enjoy mile crunching with the car.
Old 20th June 2010, 18:10   #7
BHPian

Congratulations jraj. I just loves Toyota RAV4. I have seen a two door version in Mumbai as well as in Pune, which has a much shorter wheel base. Hope Toyota India launch this vehicle as entry level SUV in India.
Old 20th June 2010, 18:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

i hired one of these in October and was pleasantly surprised. A bit basic but not a bad drive
Old 21st June 2010, 11:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

The RAV4 is excellent in the inside. Lots of space! Congratulations on your buy. On the exterior, I wish Toyota could have designed it better. Do post your driving impressions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks