Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 21:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car, You have bought yourself the best driver's car within the 10 L category. As time progresses, you will go more Fida over it. happy mile crunching.
Old 21st June 2010, 22:48   #17
agm
BHPian

Congrats mate for your new ride.

2 days back i did take a test drive of 1.6 fiesta , and i liked everything about the car,but for some reason dint go for it .

Enjoy the best drivers car.Drive safe
Old 22nd June 2010, 07:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
2 days back i did take a test drive of 1.6 fiesta , and i liked everything about the car,but for some reason dint go for it .
Was it Vitamin M which prevented you from going for the car? Pls let us know. You are right in saying its a driver's car. Sit behind the wheels and suddenly you feel you are empowered with power, power to zip ahead.

Swami - Happy mile crunching.
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats!

Did you get a 60K corporate discount? Regular on road price is 8.6L for the 1.6 SXi if I am not mistaken. This includes insurance at 28K but I am guessing you bought your own insurance for 19K.
Thanks for your comments. The regular onroad price quoted was 8.46L and after the Ford F&F discount my onroad worked out to 8.02. From this the insurance amount of approx 28K was removed and i paid 11.7K insurance outside with Tata-AIG as i have a 50%NCB (Cashless, full insurance including all frills like third party, driver etc.,). for 95% ex-showroom value of the car. Hope it is a descent deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Congratulations Swami for owning this great car. Wish you happy mile munching. You are sure to enjoy the power of this beast.

Sanjayc, look at this FE figure. I do not know whether swami is driving in city or highway. But this figure is coming from Chennai. Isn't it a little thought provoking?
Is it good or bad ? I am driving it within 2500rpm currently with proper gear shifts without straining the car, but the important thing is my travel everyday to office is 35% city traffic and 65% we can call it highway as i have a descent stretch from Guindy to Chromepet. If this FE is considered good, then the above could be the reason. thanks mayukh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Congrats Swami!
You have bought the most well deserved and well loved car of Team BHP!
Fiesta is a superb and complete car. I have the 1.6S and just completed 1000kms too.
Just be careful of the quality of fuel you get as I am facing this issue currently.

Enjoy your ride buddy and you will never stop smiling behind the wheel of a Fiesta.
Post some good pictures soon. We all want to see your new baby!!

You can follow Gileads or my thread for a comprehensive upkeep and analysis guide for this beauty!

Enjoy and drive safe!!
Thanks Capt_rocker - your shark attack seagreay S, yes, i have read through most of the passionate threads on this forum about fiesta extensively and i should say they we so informative. Team-BHP is wealth of information and answers and analysis are readily available to whatever questions comes to mind. Wow. Thanks to one and all who have contributed which makes life so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
congrats swami. nice to see a good number of 1.6s ownerships popping up in team-bhp now.
Thanks Soccerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car, You have bought yourself the best driver's car within the 10 L category. As time progresses, you will go more Fida over it. happy mile crunching.
Thanks Sachinj12 and i enjoy driving this car

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd June 2010 at 10:11.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:24   #20
BHPian

My latest tankfull FE calculation shows appx 9...with an appx 40Kms in highway-comparable traffic and rest bumper-to-bumper or short run (3-5 kms) drives. 100% A/c. Normal Petrol with System-G at alternate tankfulls. This includes idling with A/c for 30 mins/week during those grocery purchase trips. Have not been paying attention to rpm/speed for gear shifts..doing it when it feels right to do, taking care not to slug the engine too much.

Mayukh@ 11+ FE for 35:65 city:highway is on par given that Ford claims 10 for city & 14 for highway.

DTE has become stable..shows 360-380 figs on tankfull (1st cutoff)..I guess thats appx 42-43 litres.

ODO : crossed 6900, 6th months of ownership completed, 2nd service done last week.
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:14   #21
agm
BHPian

[quote=ghodlur;1947700]Was it Vitamin M which prevented you from going for the car? Pls let us know. You are right in saying its a driver's car. Sit behind the wheels and suddenly you feel you are empowered with power, power to zip ahead.

No mate my budget is 8L,and i am getting Zxi for 7.40L onroad .Ford A*S here in raipur is awful,and it is keeping me away from this car else i would not have given a second thought,also as per some reports new Fiesta will be out soon.So,dont want a car which might be out of the market in a year or two .

Last edited by agm : 22nd June 2010 at 11:15.
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Thanks for your comments. The regular onroad price quoted was 8.46L and after the Ford F&F discount my onroad worked out to 8.02. From this the insurance amount of approx 28K was removed and i paid 11.7K insurance outside with Tata-AIG as i have a 50%NCB (Cashless, full insurance including all frills like third party, driver etc.,). for 95% ex-showroom value of the car. Hope it is a descent deal.
It's a good deal. I knew you must have gotten some non-regular discount. Ford does not have cashless tie up Tata AIG I believe. I have only seen ICICI, Iffco Tokio and Bajaj Allianz on their list. Be prepared for a wait in case you need to file a claim, but let's hope you never need to.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
My latest tankfull FE calculation shows appx 9...with an appx 40Kms in highway-comparable traffic and rest bumper-to-bumper or short run (3-5 kms) drives. 100% A/c. Normal Petrol with System-G at alternate tankfulls. This includes idling with A/c for 30 mins/week during those grocery purchase trips. Have not been paying attention to rpm/speed for gear shifts..doing it when it feels right to do, taking care not to slug the engine too much.

Mayukh@ 11+ FE for 35:65 city:highway is on par given that Ford claims 10 for city & 14 for highway.

DTE has become stable..shows 360-380 figs on tankfull (1st cutoff)..I guess thats appx 42-43 litres.

ODO : crossed 6900, 6th months of ownership completed, 2nd service done last week.
My FE figures are more or less same as yours. Only difference is 2000 KM on the ODO in 5 months. Ans no System G till date.

I asked the thought provoking question to you only before Swami wrote below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Is it good or bad ? I am driving it within 2500rpm currently with proper gear shifts without straining the car, but the important thing is my travel everyday to office is 35% city traffic and 65% we can call it highway as i have a descent stretch from Guindy to Chromepet. If this FE is considered good, then the above could be the reason. thanks mayukh.
Swami, the FE is at par with most of what people are getting. So enjoy your drive.

Last edited by mayukh : 22nd June 2010 at 12:45.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:55   #24
BHPian

I have added few photos of my beauty.. hope you like it.
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car10.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car7.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car11.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car3.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car2.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car5.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car4.jpg
Fiesta SXi 1.6 Moondust Silver - I love it-car8.jpg

I wanted to take the car to a nice place and photograph her, but unfortunately did not have time and could take these pictures in my office garage.

swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Swami, fantastic car and a fantastic choice of colour. This is arguably the finest driver's car in India (in the mid-size segment) and you are sure to have a good time.

Good luck with the ownership and keep your reports coming in.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Now who says that this car is not beautiful, Just a look at the colour and it grabs your attentions for long.
Swami - I see you haven't reset the trip indicator for long. Any particular reason for that. Just curious since I do after every refuel, helps me keep a track of Kms covered . Nice set of alloys.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

The silver (moon dust) colour giving the car more attraction and sweet look.
Presume you have not changed the trip meter since you have taken delivery of the car?
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Now who says that this car is not beautiful, Just a look at the colour and it grabs your attentions for long.
Swami - I see you haven't reset the trip indicator for long. Any particular reason for that. Just curious since I do after every refuel, helps me keep a track of Kms covered . Nice set of alloys.
ghodlur - absolutely no reason and never thought about resetting at all. I will make sure to reset it after the next fuel fill - Resetting is a better way to do the FE maths. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The silver (moon dust) colour giving the car more attraction and sweet look.
Presume you have not changed the trip meter since you have taken delivery of the car?
Yes nairrk, thanks for pointing it out.

swami
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Swami69, Congrats on the Fiesta, mate. Lovely colour and hope you are enjoying the leather interiors. Some pics of the interior also, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
congrats swami. nice to see a good number of 1.6s ownerships popping up in team-bhp now.
This is an SXi and not an S.
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:27   #30
BHPian

Awesome pictures. I really liked it. In fact, I am planning to set the 4th picture as my desktop wallpaper.

1 question though, are those glasses really that dark? I agree though that it is adding character to the car.

Most Viewed