Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:55   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.

I waited for my Figo for 70 odd days since I booked it with South City Motors in Noida. This fateful day I drove home my very first car. It's a white Figo 1.4 TDCi with a red coloured dashboard. I am in awe of this small car.

The test drive of Figo 1.4 TDCi was great and I booked my car on 12th April, 2010.

Please come back to read more about my buying experience of Ford's first small car.
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:30   #2

Hey kage9091,

Congratulations on getting your little beauty.
Wishing you happy and safe rides for years to come.

Me too booked Figo 1.2 Titanium silver on 23rd May. No word yet on when it will be delivered.

Congrats again. Plz do post some pics of your white diamond.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

COngrats on bringing her home.

Do post your experiences an pics.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:14   #4
BHPian

hey please update your thread

waitin for full initial review report..

i too have recieved my Ford figo on 1st week of this month already, but fate has not done justice to the figo.

the figo got involved in 3 accidents where the car was in stationary position and now is sitting at the service center getting parts replaced/repaired !

shall recieve my FIgo on thursday and shall open a new thread on the same.

mine too is white bro, with 69 chrome alloys
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:45   #5
BHPian

@coolnawab, thanks and hope you get your Figo soon!
@Gemi, Thanks a lot!
@Arihant, I am sorry to hear about the mishap with your new Figo :( hope the service guys do a wonderful job to restore it back to its former glory.

I clicked some photos today. Going to share them along with the buying experience shortly.
Old 24th June 2010, 00:20   #6
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Figo family. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:39   #7
BHPian

Car delivery, I felt the Ford Indiffernce.

22nd June, 2010.

Car Delivery day. I was promised by South City Motors, Noida delivery by 12:00 pm. I got a call at 12:00 pm from my sales assistant that the Pre-Delivery Inspection was incomplete due to a computer failure :( I blasted my sales assistant and told him that he had delayed the delivery by a day already. Reason was that my bank had sent them a Demand Draft and they needed a day to get it credited to their account. I had argued in vain that the DD is as good as cash but he said that they had got fake DDs is the past .

So today also the delivery was delayed till evening. I got this mad rush to cancel my car and take a refund of the down-payment and cancel my loan. I had waited 70 days for the delivery of my car because two banks refused to give me a loan for being single! Now the Ford dealership was taking it easy to deliver my car. I was mad as hell.

I stepped inside the showroom at 1 pm and headed for the GMs chamber. My SA stopped me, requested me to come to the service station and understand the reason for delay. He showed me my car and all my anger melted away. The white beauty looked royal all clean and shining! I asked him what the heck was the problem?

He showed me, the computer to check electrics had heated up and fried. They were trying to install the software on two alternate machines since morning, but it was not installing and getting stuck. It seemed like the end of the road for them. After seeing my car, I was all pumped up to drive her home that very day. I took a deep breath and took over the computer. Using my techie brain, I solved the problem. The service guys were elated to have the system working again because they had 5 deliveries to make that day, mine being the first.

It was 4 pm already. I was getting impatient. They sent me a glass of chilled Thums-up to cool down. Finally, the technician announced the PDI was ok and the car could be billed. My SA got me the reconciliation sheet and it took me 1 hour to explain him that they were over charging me. I was promised the car at the old price. He finally agreed and took me to the payment counter. As soon as the guy swiped my card, his phone buzzed and he took off without a word. My SA stopped him and requested him to finish my payment and he said bluntly "saab cash count karne ke liye bulaya hai." I was shocked! I am buying a bloody new car from South City Motors, Noida and they don't have time to take payment? Monopoly it is. I was disgusted. I stood at the counter for half an hour as there were more people behind me. All cursing how bad the service was at this dealership. I started worrying about the A.S.S. and some of them mockingly said "Welcome to the Ford experience." Finally, some other guy came at the counter and I paid. It was 5pm!

To top it all, the billing was getting delayed because the electricity supply was coming and going every 5-10 minutes. Thanks to Uttar Pradesh sarkar for this. More rounds of chilled Thums-up to cool me down. It was finally done at 6pm.

It took another 1 hour to check the car/paperwork and get the hell out of this bad-A.S.S. dealership. Pun intentional.

OK guys, sorry to make you read such depressing stuff. I wanted to share how a happy day can go all wrong. I was all blood, sweat and tears for 6 hours at his dealership all for the following moment!

An auspicious start!
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-coco-crash.jpg

My Odo at time time of delivery. All fine here.
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-1.-odo-time-delivery.jpg

DTE at time of delivery. 0 kms? Where is thy diesel? I was told the filling station is just 2 kms away!
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-2.-dte-time-delivery.jpg

Got these figures on tank full. The tank capacity is 45L but its not calibrated so mine took 46.6L.
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-3.-full-tank-46.6-litres.jpg

After guzzling 46.6L of diesel, DTE went from 0 to 568. Averaging to 12.1 kmpl.
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-4.-dte-after-putting-46.6l-diesel-empty-tank-odo-showed-21-22062010-eco-12.1-kmpl.jpg

Checked the tire pressure at the filling station. It was 35 psi in all 4 tires. I got it reduced to 30 psi as I will be driving 1+1 mostly.

I drove my new love home gingerly through the rush hour. Took the car to a temple for puja. I was told 22nd June 2010 was auspicious. I didn't plan it but it was good to hear that.

Later, I took her out for a spin with my friend and relatives and they loved it too. That was a happy ending for a long day at the dealership. The smile on my baby niece's face made me say "Pasia Vasool!" (@Sam, pardon my plagiarism.)
Old 24th June 2010, 02:35   #8
BHPian

My Figo in 2D.

23rd June, 2010: I washed her to see the fresh white paint underneath the dust.

Now I was all set to take her out for a spin on the Greater Noida expressway. Drove a total of 50 km. The handling is smooth like putting a hot knife in butter.

The air conditioner is effective in 40+ degrees temperature. I felt the need to put a sun film on the front wind shield to cut out the glare.

Here are some pictures on my Figo parked at various spots close to the expressway:

The Blue Oval!
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-1.2.jpg

Parked near a paddy field
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-1.jpg

The rear is nice!
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-2.jpg

The instrument panel is neat and plane jane.
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-4-instrument-panel.jpg

I liked the steering wheel and also the rubber floor mats. They are easy to maintain
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-4-interior-driver-side.jpg

Interiors from the navigator side
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-4-interior-passenger-side.jpg

I liked the colour and feel of the seat fabric
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-4-open-doors.jpg

Life in the side lane
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-front-l3.jpg

Aggressive eyes
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-front-r1.jpg

Basking in the glory of success
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-front-r2.jpg

Country roads
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-country-road-l.jpg

At a small fair
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-country-road-r.jpg

At your service
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-side-driver1.jpg

Milky White
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-side-driver2.jpg

I got enough space fellas
Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-side-passenger.jpg

Will post more photos later. I'll put an initial report about the car as I get to know her better.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:43   #9
BHPian

Congrats on your New car and Welcome to the Figo Family. Car looks cool in White. Great that you got rubber floor mats (the fabric ones are useless).
Old 24th June 2010, 10:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for the new car.

Remove the blue ribbon on the bonnet as soon as you can. Those ribbons sometimes bleed colour (specially when it rains) and it's hard to get off.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Neat Car and an awesome Colour kage. Congrats on your latest Love Affair.

Loan Problems is a thing of past for you now buddy. You Are no More Single!!
Old 24th June 2010, 11:45   #12
BHPian

@Deep_Blue, thanks for the warm welcome.
@e-biz, thanks again for the warm welcome. I had insisted on rubber mats after reading about the carpet ones on Team-Bhp. Luckily they had rubber mats.
@Amartya, thanks for the suggestion. I just removed the ribbon from the bonnet.
@Vik0728, thanks. Lol! I'm no more single. The banks can take a note of it

I am going to the dealer workshop now to get a rattling sound and vibration from the dashboard checked.

I faced this problem on my first long drive yesterday. On most of the bumps and holes on the road (even the small ones), the dashboard rattled, vibrated and made a sound I remember I got driving my old Sumo and Scorpio.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:23   #13
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats kage9091 - Figo at white is wonderful - no doubt- Happy Motoring.
Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore gave 15 litres of diesel coupon as compliment at the time of delivery. A good gesture to customers from the dealer

Last edited by RGK : 24th June 2010 at 12:26.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:41   #14
BHPian

Congrats the car looks great, I think white looks best in Figo
Old 24th June 2010, 12:48   #15
BHPian

Congrats Kage for the Ford. You have certainly fallen for the american damsel. Great snaps. The dealership experience is still below par.
Happy mile crunching with the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks